Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Wine, Beer, and Spirits

Old 05-17-2023, 06:45 AM   #3201
Porch Dweller
Life is for living

First Name: James
Trading: (24)
Bolivar AirForce (Retired)
Porch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: The Bourbon Thread!!

Old 05-17-2023, 08:39 AM   #3202
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porch Dweller View Post

Got a new wheater from Copper Sky yesterday after a good experience with a Hazmat single barrel from them. This is a bit sweet, good but not as good as the Maker's Mark wood finished batches or Weller Full Proof.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2023, 01:15 PM   #3203
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

Well, right place, right time kinda thing. Stopped by Total Wine on my way home from a day in the woods. They were putting out the BT stuff they just received in. Got an EH Taylor Small Batch, another Eagle Rare and a Weller Special Reserve. Guess I just missed out on the Weller 107. Feel like I stole them paying msrp.

Happened to be talking with another customer about Bookers. He said he saw the guy with a bottle of the 107. So we walked up front where they were putting more stuff out. The 107s were all gone. The EHT they had only six of. 4 went in the first two minutes.
Old 05-17-2023, 06:38 PM   #3204
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Any day you get ER and EHT at retail is a good day, Bob.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 05-18-2023, 10:47 AM   #3205
Beagleone
Feeling at Home

Trading: (18)
JL
Beagleone will become famous soon enough

I managed to do a hat trick and grab three bottles of EHT SmB at retail yesterday. I also got another bottle of Booker's Charlie's Batch, also at retail.

Not sure why, but the local Spec's stores were dropping EHT SmB in large quantities over the last couple of days. Usually, they get one or two case every other month or two. Most stores were getting 5 cases or more. Some had as many as 15 cases. All allocated, meaning one bottle person per day per store. Luckily there are three near me. Other BT products were also present, but not in the numbers of EHT.

I really need to do an inventory soon of everything I have. I think with this haul I have 5 cases of various EHT bottles.
Old 05-18-2023, 11:02 AM   #3206
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

First Name: Ben
Trading: (50)
RA
stearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagleone View Post
I managed to do a hat trick and grab three bottles of EHT SmB at retail yesterday. I also got another bottle of Booker's Charlie's Batch, also at retail.

Not sure why, but the local Spec's stores were dropping EHT SmB in large quantities over the last couple of days. Usually, they get one or two case every other month or two. Most stores were getting 5 cases or more. Some had as many as 15 cases. All allocated, meaning one bottle person per day per store. Luckily there are three near me. Other BT products were also present, but not in the numbers of EHT.

I really need to do an inventory soon of everything I have. I think with this haul I have 5 cases of various EHT bottles.
A friend of mine in TX lucked into a couple cases of this guy, according to some turkey-chasing friends there are only 3 or 4 picks out of this warehouse in existence right now so I grabbed one, I forget the whole story but I think it was allocated to Specs but they never claimed it so the distributor sold them off. That happened recently with a Russell's pick locally, ended up on the shelves of Total Wine because the distributor didn't give a sh*t and just sold it to whoever wanted it once it came in despite what the label says

Image isn't loading, but it's a Specs Russell's Reserve pick from warehouse E

Last edited by stearns; 05-18-2023 at 11:08 AM.
stearns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2023, 11:41 AM   #3207
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

Is Szazerac Rye worth picking up?
Old 05-18-2023, 11:50 AM   #3208
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagleone View Post

That’s awesome! The Total Wine I hit up only had the one case of EHT. They had already put out the few cases of BT and what little Weller they’d gotten. When I walked up, the guy walked up with the cart holding the EHT and ER (iirc they had a few cases of that). Too bad the place is 30 miles away.
Old 05-19-2023, 05:27 AM   #3209
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Cracked open the EHT yesterday. Man that’s good stuff.
Old 05-20-2023, 12:39 PM   #3210
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Ok, decided to do some more hunting today. Hit up another total wine. There was a rep from Iron Fish, the owners son. Tried a sample of a couple cask finished bourbons, maple syrup and 4 cask (a blend of all 4 they have). Both were good. Ended up getting a single barrel maple syrup finished. 114 proof I think. Gonna try it in an old fashioned soon.

Last edited by Chainsaw13; 05-20-2023 at 12:52 PM.
Chainsaw13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2023, 08:27 AM   #3211
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13 View Post
Is Szazerac Rye worth picking up?
Are you a rye fan, Bob? I can take it or leave it most of the time. Sazerac is always available here.

Old 05-22-2023, 09:18 AM   #3212
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Are you a rye fan, Bob? I can take it or leave it most of the time. Sazerac is always available here.
I don’t honestly know. Yesterday, just so happened to stop by the store that had it Wednesday. They were out. I know there’s many rye’s out now that I really don’t need to hunt it. It sells quick around here. Guessing a case of it being from BT, so everyone grabs it while they can.
Old 05-22-2023, 01:45 PM   #3213
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

I should buy a lottery ticket. Talked to the manager at Total Wine yesterday. The EHT I picked up Wednesday was his allotment so far this year (6 bottles).

Picked up a bottle of Old Elk single barrel (Meijer store pick) and an Iron Fish maple syrup barrel finish cask strength over the weekend. The OE so far is good on the first pour. Getting almost a Reese’ PB Cup on the nose. Lol. The IF is definitely sweet. Would be a good dessert pour.
Old 05-22-2023, 04:18 PM   #3214
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
I should buy a lottery ticket. Talked to the manager at Total Wine yesterday. The EHT I picked up Wednesday was his allotment so far this year (6 bottles).

Picked up a bottle of Old Elk single barrel (Meijer store pick) and an Iron Fish maple syrup barrel finish cask strength over the weekend. The OE so far is good on the first pour. Getting almost a Reese’ PB Cup on the nose. Lol. The IF is definitely sweet. Would be a good dessert pour.
Like The Time I Found 3 Bottles Of Buffalo Trace At Costco & Costco Prices!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2023, 07:24 PM   #3215
Porch Dweller
Life is for living

First Name: James
Trading: (24)
Bolivar AirForce (Retired)
Porch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

I've only had about three bottles of the Old Elk but I've enjoyed each of them.
Old 05-23-2023, 07:02 PM   #3216
kingcobradude
Now known as Epicdragon7

First Name: Clay
Trading: (2)
kingcobradude is on a distinguished road

Quote:
$80 for Weller SR? Talk about a kick in the nuts. That’s a $27 bottle.

I really need to find a bar with a nice selection to try a few pours before I buy another bottle.
Agreed. Local liquor store just got a fresh shipment too
kingcobradude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2023, 07:36 PM   #3217
kingcobradude
Now known as Epicdragon7

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1njo...w?usp=drivesdk
Picked this up today. This is some good stuff
Old 05-24-2023, 06:01 AM   #3218
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingcobradude View Post
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1njo...w?usp=drivesdk
Picked this up today. This is some good stuff
Much Better Than The Standard Makers, Clay???
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2023, 06:28 AM   #3219
kingcobradude
Now known as Epicdragon7

Quote:
Originally Posted by longknocker View Post
Much Better Than The Standard Makers, Clay???
I haven't had standard makers.
Old 05-24-2023, 06:33 AM   #3220
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

First Name: Ben
Trading: (50)
RA
stearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingcobradude View Post
I haven't had standard makers.
Go grab a bottle and do a side by side, it will help appreciate the uniqueness of the finish from the pick