Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Entertainment

Old 02-27-2010, 09:00 AM   #1
Footbag
I Need My Space

First Name: Adam
Trading: (7)
Partagas
Footbag will become famous soon enoughFootbag will become famous soon enough
Default Bad Movie: The Box +Some Spoilers+

Just saw this movie yesterday with some friends. With 20 minutes left in the movie, I looked at my friends, and said if they don't explain some of these side plot's this will be one of the worst movies I've ever seen.
Sure enough, while I was waiting for any of the side plots to tie up their loose ends, the credits came on. It was so bad, I immediately went to the internet to see what I missed. The reviews seemed to be consistent. Most are a list of questions as to why certain things happened in the movie. None can be answered.
As I found out, it turns out, that it was a Hitchcock movie originally adopted from a short story. The Hitchcock and short story versions were much shorter. In the movie, to occupy the other hour and a half, the writer added all sorts of seemingly connected side plots. Unfortunately, none of the side plots play out. IE you are left hanging in regards to 99% of the movie. The main plot on the other hand, wasn't interesting without some of these side plots. When the movie ended, you start to wonder why 99% of the movie was in there.
Anyone else see this one? If not, don't pay for it. Or at least get the Hitchcock version. I think it's called "Button, Button."

As for my review
Footbag is offline   Reply With Quote