Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-28-2010, 04:52 AM   #1
Adriftpanda
Peter's Daddy

First Name: Huy
Trading: (74)
Guantanamera
Adriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud of
Default Los Blancos Nine

This cigar was given to me by SterlingCigarMan today at Tower Pipes and Cigars. Andy had asked me to do a review for it, figured I have no life so what the hell.

Size: 5 x 50
Wrapper: Nicaraguan Habano Corojo Oscuro
Binder: Nicaragua
Filler: Nicaragua

First couple puffs on this cigar, I expected a full pow kick in the nuts spice since it is triple ligero, but NO, not at all. Getting some nice dense smoke. It's got some semi sweet tobacco flavor to it, leaving my tongue a little tingly. I would almost go as far as saying, syrup like sweet. Nose exhale, getting a very nice little subtle spice. I'm loving the fact, that this is not an overpowering spice kick ligero smoke.

As the 2/3rd starts off, starting to pick up on some rich coffee flavors, nose exhale and getting that nice little spice to it. I could see smoking this cigar with a nice stout! Getting a nice chocolate taste. No real soft spots, getting a pretty even burn, although the ash doesn't hold worth a damn.

As the final third begins, I'm starting to feel it a little. Son of a biscuit just kinda snuck up on me. I really don't want to say this, but it really taste like a Viaje Skull and Bones to me. Yes, I said it. The peppery flavor does kick up a notch but not to that kick your nuts notch, but it's a very pleasant pepper taste.

Overall, it was a nice cigar. Not sure on the price but I wouldn't expect it to be more than $10. Is it worth a try? YES, go out and try to find them. I'm generally a slow smoker, but this cigar burnt pretty fast.