Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 07-28-2011, 11:51 AM   #1
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default Joya de Nicaragua Antano dark corojo la pesadilla

Another new addition to the Dutch market, this Joya de Nicaragua Antano dark corojo La Pesadilla. The 4¾x60 belicoso has a price tag of 6 euro. The Antano dark corojo is the follow up from the Antano 1970 series that are renowned all over the world because of their full flavour and strength.

The shape of the cigar is great and the wrapper is beautiful, dark and oily with a pretty double band. The construction feels good and the cigar has a strong straw smell. Even though it is a belicoso, the top is flat and so I can punch it. The predraw is tight and even though I have not lit the cigar it tastes strong.

I taste a full earthy flavour, quite strong. The balance is missing, this is sheer power and in the first half inch there is no change in flavour at all. After an inch the flavour gets sticky and mild creamy, but it’s still just that earthy flavour.

Halfway I also get some herbs and a hint of leather. After two thirds I taste leather, wood, earth and some herbs.

How long the smoke time of this cigar is I don’t know. I know I put it away after three hours, but it wasn’t three hours of smoking as the cigar kept on dying on me. The burn is frayed too. After I drilled a smoke channel in the cigar the smoke and burn get a little better but they both remain poor, especially the burn. The ash is silver-grey and quite firm. This cigar is full flavoured and full bodied, but also very boring.

Would I buy this cigar again? No

Appearance: 8 / 10
Construction: 7 / 10
Draw: 7 / 10
Burn: 5 / 10
Smoke & ash: 6 / 10
Aroma first part: 6 / 10
Aroma second part: 6 / 10
Aroma third part: 6 / 10