Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 07-22-2011, 11:01 PM   #1
kaelaria
Cigarobsession.com Baby!

First Name: Bryan
Trading: (3)
HUpmann
kaelaria is on a distinguished road
Default Jesus Fuego Cigars 777 Belicoso

This 5.5×54 cigar features an oily jet black wrapper with minimal veins, tight invisible seams, even construction with a slightly spongy give, a few imperfection spots and a rich oily tobacco aroma. First light reveals a good draw, minimal smoke output on the light side, medium body flavors of a silky smooth oily tobacco and slight coffee with a short clean finish. The first third doesn't want to burn very well, giving very little smoke without multiple puffs, however that really heats the cigar up. Flavors even so are mild-medium bodied, just a slightly peppery earth. 20 minutes in I figure out that the slight imperfections are more than cosmetic, one of the holes in the wrapper is leaking. Covering it while drawing vastly improves the smoke output and burn. There is a 2nd hole with a patch in the center of the cigar that appears to be holding. This is not a high quality wrapper. 45 minutes in at the 1/2 way point, after giving it a couple more touchups the wrapper finally starts burning normally, giving medium-full body flavors of a coffee and nut with thick smoke and a short finish. The last third was unsmokeable, going very hot and mushy with again, a bad burn. A touchup at this point would have no effect, there wasn't anything left to get out of it. I pitched it at 1 hour, 10 minutes of which was good burning. Video on the site
Old 07-23-2011, 12:49 AM   #2
Tyler

Default Re: Jesus Fuego Cigars 777 Belicoso

Sounds like you just got a bad one though with the imperfections. I have a box of coronas and they have all been spot on. In fact Rey are some of my favorite cigars. I don't mind sending you one if you want to review it.
Old 07-23-2011, 12:55 AM   #3
kaelaria
Cigarobsession.com Baby!

First Name: Bryan
Trading: (3)
HUpmann
kaelaria is on a distinguished road

I agree it was probably a fluke. It still shouldn't have ever been sold though.
Old 07-23-2011, 09:47 AM   #4
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

I really enjoy these.