Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 07-20-2011, 11:25 AM   #1
W.B.
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (0)
W.B. is on a distinguished road
Default Viaje C-4

Construction/Appearance- 5x56, box pressed and closed on both the head and the foot. A firm cigar that has a beautiful dark oily wrapper with deep maduro color. It has very simple white label around the middle w/ only C -4 on the label.

Burn/Draw- Draw was fine once it was smoked past the shoulder of the closed foot(I punched it before lighting the cigar) The burn was average, though towards the end of the cigar it required touch ups. The ash held for over an inch and was slightly flaky. Near the halfway point it begun to get warm and slightly soft.

Flavor/Aroma
1/3-
The smoke started out oily and profoundly full bodied on the initial light; intense and thick texture to the smoke as it develops. It has a big espresso bean character with a hint of bitter I associate with the espresso bean. Some other characteristics include cocoa/chocolate, sweetness and anise/licorice.

2/3
A touch more bitterness develops, but a trace of vanilla with some creaminess as well. The flavors are beginning to muddle, going purge now. The overall strength is beginning to grow and is becoming a bit much for me and am beginning to have a big nicotine buzz. A little meatiness is coming through.

3/3
The creaminess builds and the flavors muddle further. The espresso has become the dominant flavor by now, almost singularly espresso. I've noticed a slight dark fruit aroma from the smoke in the air.

Burn time- 1:55

Overall- 8.9/10 A great treat for full and powerful cigar lovers. I enjoyed it a lot, but by the end it's strength was more than I prefer (though on the right occasion would like to smoke one or two again).
W.B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 11:47 AM   #2
jsnake
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jake
Trading: (22)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
jsnake will become famous soon enoughjsnake will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Viaje C-4

Nice review, I enjoyed reading it.
jsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 11:54 AM   #3
Sherlockholms

Nice Review Warren
Old 07-22-2011, 10:20 AM   #4
Mutombo

Thanks for the review
Old 07-22-2011, 10:56 AM   #5
burnem
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Ernie
Trading: (3)
Partagas AirForce (Active)
burnem is on a distinguished road

Nice job on the review. Hoping someone would review this stick.
burnem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 12:20 PM   #6
CigarDoc

Great review. This sounds like a stick I would be very into.
Anyone know where to get singles of any of the Viaje's? After reading all the reviews on them, I'd like to get a couple of the C-4's, the Skull and Bones (yeah, good luck, I know...) and the MOAB's, or anyone wanna let go of a couple of each for some $$$?