Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 12:58 PM   #2101
Tikihut27
Learned to Love the Bomb

Trading: (3)
Army (Retired)
Tikihut27 has a spectacular aura aboutTikihut27 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: First Firearm Thread.

Here it is next to a Mauser 1914 for comparison.

Old 04-04-2011, 01:25 PM   #2102
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Nice grips Andrew!
Old 04-04-2011, 05:47 PM   #2103
Ender
Ok, maybe just one.

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (1)
Partagas
Ender will become famous soon enoughEnder will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by elderboy02 View Post
Nice grips Andrew!
I was wondering how long it was going to take you to make a comment. I figured you'd it was taking so long because you were going to show up at my door.
Old 04-04-2011, 05:55 PM   #2104
Aero95
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Aaron
Trading: (2)
Partagas
Aero95 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender View Post
Here's my new grips from Esmeralda. I was very pleased that there is a noticeable variance from the other ones I saw here.
[IMG][/IMG]
Very cool grips Ive been throwing around some ideas on making some for my Les Bear. Either Ebony/Ivory or a Burl of some sort. Though the Punisher grips from Wicked gun grips looks sweet also.
Old 04-04-2011, 06:39 PM   #2105
HK3-
Cashmere Jungle Lord

First Name: Boffa
Trading: (48)
Partagas
HK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikihut27 View Post
My new carry piece. jk

c1991 IMI Desert Eagle MK VII in .44 magnum.

I have absolutely no logical reason for owning this.
Had two of these years ago in .44 cal. Sold them both because they weren't very practical. Heavy and bulky but fun as he!! to shoot. Saw one a couple weeks ago for sale that had a barrel that was twice as long on it. Ever seen those ones?
Old 04-04-2011, 08:16 PM   #2106
gettysburgfreak
Patriot

RA
gettysburgfreak will become famous soon enoughgettysburgfreak will become famous soon enough

My co worker was walking the US/Canadian border the other day and came across a 1917 luger with holster and magazines. The gun I guess is pretty rusted but he said the trigger is smooth and the slide works. If he gets it back after all the red tape bs Ill try and get a pic of it.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:42 PM   #2107
Tikihut27
Learned to Love the Bomb

Army (Retired)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK3- View Post
Had two of these years ago in .44 cal. Sold them both because they weren't very practical. Heavy and bulky but fun as he!! to shoot. Saw one a couple weeks ago for sale that had a barrel that was twice as long on it. Ever seen those ones?
Sure. Seems to be fairly common for the newer ones (MK XIX) to come with multiple barrels. It's easy to swap them out. You could get barrels up to 14" for the MK VII.

As I say, I have ZERO practical need for this guy. It weighs 4.2 lbs. An M4 carbine weighs 6.3 lbs!

But I like firearms designs- and this is a really neat one. It's like a combination of a .44, an AK-47, and an M16.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:49 AM   #2108
HK3-
Cashmere Jungle Lord

First Name: Boffa
Trading: (48)
Partagas
HK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Sure. Seems to be fairly common for the newer ones (MK XIX) to come with multiple barrels. It's easy to swap them out. You could get barrels up to 14" for the MK VII.

As I say, I have ZERO practical need for this guy. It weighs 4.2 lbs. An M4 carbine weighs 6.3 lbs!

But I like firearms designs- and this is a really neat one. It's like a combination of a .44, an AK-47, and an M16.
And don't forget to add sledge hammer.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:52 AM   #2109
replicant_argent
Gravy Boat Winnah.

First Name: Pete
Location: my attorney has advised against giving this information to insane people
Trading: (22)
LGC
replicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK3- View Post
And don't forget to add sledge hammer.
Especially if you checker the bottom of the magazine like a 22 oz. framing hammer.
Old 04-06-2011, 01:25 PM   #2110
druturn

Alright guys, I need some more advice. I have officially decided to carry a 1911 and now the question comes down to which one. I was stuck on a RIA Tactical 1911 forever until I went in to the gun store yesterday and was shown a Metro Arms 1911 Commander. I loved every part of this gun(including the low price tag ). Anyone have any experience with this gun?

Old 04-06-2011, 02:17 PM   #2111
Aero95
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Aaron
Partagas
Aero95 will become famous soon enough

I'm a little late but here are my babies. And this was on my phone so the quality is blah. In the 1st photo is my Ruger 44mag and my Ruger .22

The next photo is my Custom Les Bear 1911 and H&K USP 40

Ill get pictures of my Benelli nova and SX2 shotgun with my various other rifles when my wife gets home from her vacation with the camera.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:25 PM   #2112
Ratters
Have My Own Room

Ratters is a jewel in the roughRatters is a jewel in the roughRatters is a jewel in the roughRatters is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
My new carry piece. jk

c1991 IMI Desert Eagle MK VII in .44 magnum.

I have absolutely no logical reason for owning this.
I had that exact same pistol. Sold it when buying my house, because I could find no logical use for it. Really wish I hadn't. Hold on to that thing.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:56 PM   #2113
druturn

Also, any clue on if the government shut down occurs that it will delay CHL applications? I am not turning this into anything political, I am just wondering if it occurs if it will delay the process of CHL applications.

Old 04-07-2011, 12:35 PM   #2114
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by druturn View Post
Also, any clue on if the government shut down occurs that it will delay CHL applications? I am not turning this into anything political, I am just wondering if it occurs if it will delay the process of CHL applications.
No it shouldn't. The only federal resource used might be an FBI felony check. Most concealed carry permits use state police records, although it wouldn't surprise me if they did an FBI check as well. As far as I know that stuff is all electronic, so unless they're shutting down servers to save electricity I doubt it will affect the processing time.
Old 04-07-2011, 03:55 PM   #2115
safariguy
There's one. Set for stun

First Name: Ryan
Trading: (7)
LGC
safariguy will become famous soon enoughsafariguy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357 View Post
No it shouldn't. The only federal resource used might be an FBI felony check. Most concealed carry permits use state police records, although it wouldn't surprise me if they did an FBI check as well. As far as I know that stuff is all electronic, so unless they're shutting down servers to save electricity I doubt it will affect the processing time.
I respectfully disagree, Mike. Although I admit that this is TOTAL speculation on my part: I bet that they do shut down the NICs check because there are actualy human beings that the firearms dealer talks to and those lines are open 24/7, as far as I know. I can not believe that the Feds would consider that an essential government service and keep them open. My best friend is a pilot who works for US Dept Interior fighting forest fires. He's been given notice of layoff in the event of a shut down. If he's not essential, how can the background check people be?????
Old 04-08-2011, 07:36 AM   #2116
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by safariguy View Post
I respectfully disagree, Mike. Although I admit that this is TOTAL speculation on my part: I bet that they do shut down the NICs check because there are actualy human beings that the firearms dealer talks to and those lines are open 24/7, as far as I know. I can not believe that the Feds would consider that an essential government service and keep them open. My best friend is a pilot who works for US Dept Interior fighting forest fires. He's been given notice of layoff in the event of a shut down. If he's not essential, how can the background check people be?????
Good point. From what I've heard this shutdown is only for certain areas. I've read that about 2/3 of the actual annual budget is automatic, which is supposed to cover most of the bare essentials. I've also heard that the media is sensationalizing a lot of this because "end of the world as we know it" is a better headline story. Who knows the reality of it? No doubt there will be impact in certain areas, just wish we knew exactly which ones.
Old 04-08-2011, 07:39 AM   #2117
BloodSpite
He Who Dares...WINS!

First Name: Joe
Trading: (1)
HdM Army (Disabled Vet)
BloodSpite is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357 View Post
Good point. From what I've heard this shutdown is only for certain areas. I've read that about 2/3 of the actual annual budget is automatic, which is supposed to cover most of the bare essentials. I've also heard that the media is sensationalizing a lot of this because "end of the world as we know it" is a better headline story. Who knows the reality of it? No doubt there will be impact in certain areas, just wish we knew exactly which ones.
Que REM
Old 04-09-2011, 11:31 AM   #2118
MiamiE
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Erick
Trading: (38)
RA
MiamiE will become famous soon enoughMiamiE will become famous soon enough

Anyone have some nice AK builds? I have a few Romy kits around and I am thinking about finally getting them built! Need some ideas.
Old 04-11-2011, 02:21 AM   #2119
Tikihut27
Learned to Love the Bomb

Army (Retired)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiE View Post
Anyone have some nice AK builds? I have a few Romy kits around and I am thinking about finally getting them built! Need some ideas.
Since you ask. I've done about ten builds so far.

Here's an Egyptian build I did. Just finished a Romy last week, no pics yet...

NY ban compliant, pre-ban mag, 922r compliant (USA Bbl, Receiver, Brake, FCG).
Old 04-11-2011, 05:37 AM   #2120
safariguy
There's one. Set for stun

First Name: Ryan
Trading: (7)
LGC
safariguy will become famous soon enoughsafariguy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender View Post
Here's my new grips from Esmeralda. I was very pleased that there is a noticeable variance from the other ones I saw here.
[IMG][/IMG]
After this past weekend, I can personally verify that this pistol and this lighter both work flawlessly! Thanks, Andrew.
Closed Thread