Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Wine, Beer, and Spirits

Old 11-08-2013, 12:24 AM   #1
forgop
Not a puffer

First Name: Duane
Trading: (40)
Partagas Army (Served With Honor)
forgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the rough
Default Vinturi for booze?

I've known about using a vinturi for wine, but never heard of using them for hard liquor. Reviews sound good on them. Will it make my bourbon or tequila that much better?
forgop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 06:55 AM   #2
replicant_argent
Gravy Boat Winnah.

First Name: Pete
Location: my attorney has advised against giving this information to insane people
Trading: (22)
LGC
replicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to all
Default Re: Vinturi for booze?

Vinturi, no. There are added benefits to charcoal filtration, however, but even after using the coupon at Lowes for the pallet load of free charcoal, it becomes a matter of diminishing returns. Spend the extra 6 to 10 bucks for a marginally better booze.
Old 11-08-2013, 12:19 PM   #3
GreekGodX
Opa!!

First Name: Christos
Trading: (82)
Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Vinturi for booze?

I was given one as a gift and I think it works great. Did some side by side comparisons with some scotches. It doesn't completely remove any impurities but it does enhance the flavors. I was impressed enough to say I would have paid for it.