Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 06-03-2009, 11:36 AM   #21
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does anyone hate Verizon Wireless like I do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by icantbejon View Post
I've had pretty good service with Verizon Wireless. However, Verizon is a totally different story. Here we go....

A few years back I ordered that total package that everyone else has, the internet, house phone, and Directv. Price was right at the time. Directv shows up at my house about a week later for the install, no problems. Around that same time, my phone line is working, no problems. However, another week goes by and I still don't have my DSL modem. I call Verizon to find out what's up. They tell me it's been delivered. I don't have it, so of course I say as much. Then I comment that it was probably the package I saw sitting outside of an apartment I didn't think anyone lived at. The woman basically flips on me. She tells me that I have to go downstairs to knock on the door of that apartment and see if they have my mail. I tell her I'm not doing that. She says it's MY responsibility. I asked her if she seriously was telling me that it was my responsibility to go through other peoples' mail? She said yes. Then she blamed me for giving them the wrong address, to which I replied that Directv and Verizon phone all got the right (and same might I add) address as Verizon DSL. This woman just said that she was annotating my record to show that I didn't try and find the equipment and therefore no further help was given. I hung up on her then called back and talked with her manager. I finally got resolution, but it took a damn long time. Absurd.
Sing it, sister.
I never thought to use the word absurd, but it fits perfectly.
About two years ago I actually swore at the "supervisor". She had lied to me directly three times, not returned my calls, and was about as helpful as syphillis.
I can't remember what word I used, but remembered being very upset with myself because it was the first time I ever slipped in a "professional" fashion.
I should have called Darrell to stomp her out. lol
Old 06-03-2009, 11:48 AM   #22
csbrewfisher
Welcome to my nightmare

First Name: Jerry
Trading: (10)
LGC Navy (Served With Honor)
csbrewfisher will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
I should have called Darrell to stomp her out. lol
...or Bill's part-bulldog wife
csbrewfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 12:03 PM   #23
Volt
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (19)
ERdM Navy (Retired)
Volt has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
I guess they're great as long as you never have a problem.
I'm spoiled by Apple and Dell and the electric compnay and gas company and Walmart, I suppose.
I just want resolution and to be treated like a customer. I think the frustration is cause I expect that, and expectations are nothing more than pre-meditated resentments.
I gotta get rid of them before they make me lose my mind.
I feel your pain, but makes you really think AT&T, Sprint, etc are really gona be any better? I'll bet there are a few here as well that are cursing them as I type. Customer service such as palio and Xikar is very rare and hard to find. Monopolies/Oligopolies have little to fear from the customer.
Old 06-03-2009, 12:27 PM   #24
mi2az

I think Verizon is great. No Issues and the best customer service. Better than the other phone companies that I used in the past, AT&T and Sprint.
Old 06-03-2009, 12:29 PM   #25
DBall
Cigar Jesus

First Name: Dan
Trading: (46)
RyJ
DBall has disabled reputation

I believe that there's really nothing I hate more than Verizon and their employees in all services.
Old 06-03-2009, 12:31 PM   #26
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by King James View Post
I've always liked Verizon. They get the best service in my area and haven't ever had a problem with their customer service ppl.
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 12:34 PM   #27
ahc4353

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBall View Post
I believe that there's really nothing I hate more than Verizon and their employees in all services.
Awww Muffin

Dan --><-- Me
Old 06-03-2009, 12:52 PM   #28
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Sorry about your problems, Scott. I had Verizon for 10 years & never had a problem. Switched to AT&T this year when I bought my I-Phone & Have yet to have a problem with them. I did quit using Palm Products because of their customer service, though! Good luck, Brother!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 01:42 PM   #29
BigAl_SC
The last mango in Paris

First Name: Alan
Trading: (7)
Trinidad
BigAl_SC is on a distinguished road

Been with them for 8 years and have had several of the above problems about shutting out data services But I had names and dates ect so they had no choice but to do the refunds (even had to haul the family down to B&M to show that no games were on the kids phones). Each month they try to slip in a $1.99 megabyte charge on a different line but they always take it off.

Biggest complaint now is the minimum 1400 minutes for the family plan, With the 10 new non-verizon numbers free and verizon to verizon free, we only use about 200 chargeable minutes for 4 phones. Seems like a waste.
Old 06-03-2009, 02:47 PM   #30
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBall View Post
I can say that without compunction.
There's nothing in this world that even comes close to how I hate Verizon.
It's really weird.
I've never been treated as poorly by anyone. Not even my ex-wife. Verizon has her beat exponentially. Although she may lie more. That's a toss-up.
Old 06-03-2009, 03:06 PM   #31
Big Cle

I luv Verizons service but HATE their Customer Service.
Old 06-03-2009, 03:11 PM   #32
icantbejon
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jon
Trading: (10)
Cohiba Army (Active)
icantbejon will become famous soon enoughicantbejon will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl_SC View Post
Biggest complaint now is the minimum 1400 minutes for the family plan, With the 10 new non-verizon numbers free and verizon to verizon free, we only use about 200 chargeable minutes for 4 phones. Seems like a waste.

My wife and I are in the same boat. They are going to get their money one way or another right?
Old 06-03-2009, 04:18 PM   #33
Silound
ex-CS Swamp Gorilla

Trading: (15)
Bolivar
Silound will become famous soon enough

Never had an issue with VZW here. Switched to them when Cingular/AT&T crapped out immediately post Katrina and VZW was still operational. Still with them as a satisfied customer.
Old 06-03-2009, 07:06 PM   #34
Jack Straw
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (3)
Jack Straw is on a distinguished road

Personally I have more of a problem with Verizon internet. The last time we had a serious problem, we had to contact the BBB before they would even talk to us.
Old 06-03-2009, 07:17 PM   #35
Whee
formerly illinoishoosier

First Name: Sean
Trading: (17)
Partagas
Whee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to behold

I have no land line here because Verizon is the carrier. I had to deal with them for a couple of my offices when i was working and they were a nightmare to get things done. Never on time and overcharged.

Happy with Sprint.
Old 06-03-2009, 07:29 PM   #36
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

First Name: Larry
Trading: (44)
Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold

I always call my phone guy or go in the store when I have a problem and that usually gets it taken care of ASAP. Never had much of a gripe with them
Old 06-03-2009, 07:31 PM   #37
ashmaster

I only have cell phone service and haven't had any issues as of yet. I've had to contact them a couple times and didn't have any problems (knock on wood). A big positive for Verizon is when Hurricane Wilma hit, I still had phone service even though I lost power for a couple weeks. Neighbors with other carriers did not for a few days.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:06 PM   #38
Savor the Stick
~Loves the Lord~

First Name: Kevin, or just K
Trading: (67)
Partagas Navy (Served With Honor)
Savor the Stick has disabled reputation

YES I to have a HATE for Verizon.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:53 PM   #39
GreekGodX
Opa!!

First Name: Christos
Trading: (82)
Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light

I have no complaints about Verizon cellphone service but I agree Customer Service is terrible!! Especially at the store. After waiting an hour to talk to someone they never can fix it.
Old 06-03-2009, 10:47 PM   #40
SeanGAR
Crotchety Geezer

Trading: (3)
SeanGAR has disabled reputation

YOU WANT A PIECE OF ME ?

YOU SAYIN' YOU WANT A PIECE OF ME?