This coming from a Cowboys fan!
Exactly why I put the "oh wait.." in there
Old 07-30-2009, 02:08 PM   #23
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Manny and Ortiz on Roids

I LOVE the game of baseball...always have since I was a little boy and my father used to take me to Municipal Stadium to see the Indians play (and this is when they sucked). I remember the days of Rick Manning (my childhood hero) patrolling center field and Buddy Bell (with his bushy bleach blond air) holding down third base. For love of the game, MLB just needs to release all 103 names and get it over with. This one name here every few months is tearing the fabric right off the game that I love. While I truly want to believe that some of these guys are innocent...it becomes harder and harder to swallow this pill (at least for the guys who had monster years). I remember the old adelage, "If you ain't cheatin', you ain't trying"...as well as "If you get caught, you weren't trying hard enough". Even though these guys were "on the juice"...everyone still overlooks one big factor...they still have to hit the ball!!!! This is a sport based on failure...you only have to be successful 3 out of 10 times in this sport to be REALLY GOOD!!!! At least as far as hitting goes. Put this thing to rest and publish the damn list already!!! Let's get on the road to recovery to the greatest game in the world and one that I still LOVE!!!
kelmac07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 02:10 PM   #24
taltos
Really, really old

First Name: Paul
Trading: (3)
Punch MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
taltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the rough

Not really surprised about Manny or Ortiz. When I abused the Yankee fans I also suggested Damon, Nomar and Varitek may have used them. I suspect every player on every team of using them.
Old 07-30-2009, 02:29 PM   #25
VirtualSmitty
WiP!?

First Name: Joe
Trading: (0)
Vegueros
VirtualSmitty has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by taltos View Post
Not really surprised about Manny or Ortiz. When I abused the Yankee fans I also suggested Damon, Nomar and Varitek may have used them. I suspect every player on every team of using them.
Your tune has really changed on Papi Paul. I remember back in the A-Roid thread you mentioning that my research was bad and Papi was just a big dude who magically became awesome with the Sox after being waived by the Twins

Last edited by VirtualSmitty; 07-30-2009 at 02:36 PM.
VirtualSmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 02:39 PM   #26
Captain Crunch
Just in from the Storm

First Name: Geoffrey
Cohiba AirForce (Served With Honor)
Captain Crunch is on a distinguished road

Let's be real... the Yankees were juiced up too, Gotta Love A-Fraud & Giambi. Jeter on the other hand... well he's probably taking something that makes him look like a woman. Doesn't he look like some Tranny who could be your next door neighbors Mary Kay Lady? LOL
Old 07-30-2009, 02:53 PM   #27
VirtualSmitty
WiP!?

Vegueros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Crunch View Post
Let's be real... the Yankees were juiced up too, Gotta Love A-Fraud & Giambi. Jeter on the other hand... well he's probably taking something that makes him look like a woman. Doesn't he look like some Tranny who could be your next door neighbors Mary Kay Lady? LOL
They didn't have A-Roid in 03. And if you think Jeter looks like a woman, you got issues
Old 07-30-2009, 02:53 PM   #28
taltos
Really, really old

First Name: Paul
Trading: (3)
Punch MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
taltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty View Post
Your tune has really changed on Papi Paul. I remember back in the A-Roid thread you mentioning that my research was bad and Papi was just a big dude who magically became awesome with the Sox after being waived by the Twins
After thinking about certain repetitive use injuries that were similar to those sufferred by Nomar and Giambi, it made me reconsider what I thought. I had considered Ortiz to be an honorable man and I trusted his word.
Old 07-30-2009, 02:57 PM   #29
VirtualSmitty
WiP!?

Vegueros

Quote:
Originally Posted by taltos View Post
After thinking about certain repetitive use injuries that were similar to those sufferred by Nomar and Giambi, it made me reconsider what I thought. I had considered Ortiz to be an honorable man and I trusted his word.
For what it's worth (and I mean this) I genuinely feel bad for Sox fans. As much as loathe the organization, it's a lousy feeling to have a marque player turn out to be a liar and a cheat. The Yankees have had enough of them over the years, it sucks, it's disappointing, and it's bad for baseball.
Old 07-30-2009, 03:11 PM   #30
gnukfu
I like cigars

First Name: George
Trading: (27)
LGC
gnukfu is a jewel in the roughgnukfu is a jewel in the roughgnukfu is a jewel in the roughgnukfu is a jewel in the rough

No surprise they tested positive in 2003. I'm sure the entire list would make for interesting reading. The whole list should just be published instead of leaking a name or two every couple of months.

gnukfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 10:12 AM   #31
darkninja67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Crunch View Post
Yeah the Yankees were on the Dbol, but RSN was taking a "holier than thou" attitude. Then Manny gets caught, and now Papi. Someone here told me Papi changed his plate mechanics and that is how he hit so many dingers when he came to Boston. Guess he was just a bit off.