Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 11-13-2020, 03:42 AM   #3641
Stogieman
Herf King

First Name: Charlie
Trading: (0)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
Stogieman is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on and it's Friday! We had a good time at Schlesinger's last night, the stogies were burnin' and a number of the regulars were there. Tomorrow will be a work day in the backyard as most of the leaves have fallen and it's time to rake them up. Hopefully the weather clears up as it's been raining off an on since yesterday and will continue through today according to NOAA:

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...4#.X65iaR17mi6

Anyway, enjoy the weekend all and I hope you get to relax a bit as well.......
Old 11-16-2020, 03:38 AM   #3642
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)
Smile Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning all, the coffee has been on since 0420 as always and it's back to work Monday. Beth and I had a good weekend overall, got a lot done and had some time to relax as well. I hope everyone has a great week and enjoys.......
Old 11-17-2020, 03:54 AM   #3643
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on as always and it's a brisk Fall morning here in the Hudson Valley. Heading out the door in a few as we have an early Army / Navy meeting starting at 0700 on MS Teams with our Navy counterparts in preparation of this year's game:

https://goarmywestpoint.com/news/202...DVZshvtCpAxyJU

There's a lot of logistics involved this year as the game will be played here at West Point (first time since 1943) and it'll take 175+ buses to get the Midshipmen up here alone. More to follow as we get closer to December 12th. Anyway, enjoy all and have a great day.......
Old 11-18-2020, 03:44 AM   #3644
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee has been on since 0400 and it's already "Hump Day". Got another busy day today at the office, heading out shortly. I hope everyone has a good one and remembers to be safe out there......
Old 11-19-2020, 03:47 AM   #3645
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on and it's Thursday which means we'll be at Schlesinger's Hudson Valley Cigars this evening enjoying primo stogies and all. I hope you all have a great day and we see a few of the local S/BOTL tonight.......
Old 11-20-2020, 03:53 AM   #3646
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on as usual and it's Friday! We had a good time at Schlesinger's last night, more and more folks were last night as the temps continue to drop in the area. I know today will be a busy one getting ready for tomorrow's football game at West Point with Army taking on Georgia Southern. It's a 1200 (12 o'clock) kick off which means we'll have the EOC up and running by 0700 (7 am). Tonight, a few of us are going out for restaurant week as we picked The North Plank Tavern this time:

https://www.northplankroadtavern.com/menu

https://www.facebook.com/NorthPlankRoadTavern

I hope everyone has a great weekend as well and gets to enjoy a few of your favorites throughout it.......
Old 11-23-2020, 03:44 AM   #3647
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)
Default Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on and it's back to work Monday. We had a good weekend with a superb dinner Friday evening; Army winning 28 - 27 over Georgia Southern; and yesterday with Missy relaxing watching the NFL and all. This should be a quiet week with Thanksgiving on Thursday and a free weekend as well. Enjoy all and remember to be safe out there.......
Old 11-24-2020, 03:46 AM   #3648
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on as usual and it's looking like we'll have a couple of nice Fall days before the rain moves in for Thanksgiving:

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...4#.X7zh9R17mi7

Either way, we'll have a nice holiday with plenty of turkey and fixins. We initially had 5 to 6 West Point Cadets coming over for Thanksgiving, but with the COVID situation and restrictions in place, It's looking like Beth and I along with a couple of our friends at the most. At least we still have football to watch and all. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys......
Old 11-25-2020, 03:59 AM   #3649
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee has been on since 0415 and it's "Hump Day" sort of. We'll be at Schlesinger's Hudson Valley Cigars this evening being that they'll be closed tomorrow for Thanksgiving. A number of us are going into work on Friday as the EOC will be open and there are a few meeting with Navy on MS Teams in preparation for the Army / Navy game on the 12th of December. I hope you all have a great day tomorrow and we hope to see a few of the local S/BOTL tonight......
Old 11-27-2020, 04:05 AM   #3650
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on as always and it's Friday! We had a great time yesterday relaxing at home and enjoyed a mouth watering day of appetizers, turkey dinner and homemade pies from Jones Farm:

https://jonesfarminc.com/bakery-menu

I've got to head into West Point shortly for a day of meetings and activities as we are now two weeks away from the Army / Navy game. We've been planning this now since early October when the announcement came out that the game will be played here at West Point rather than in Philadelphia (the city of Philly said no fans allowed to include West Point Cadets or Navy Midshipman). It's going to take 175 buses to bring the Midshipman up from Annapolis to West Point in convoys of 50 buses per. Once they arrive, all the fun begins from unloading the Middies to parking the buses and prepping them for return. We have to feed them on arrival and have box meals for their return home as well. Everyone thinks it's all fun and games until the logistics of it all comes into play. Anyway, enjoy the weekend everyone and smoke a favorite or two if you get the chance......
Old 11-30-2020, 03:39 AM   #3651
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on and it'd back to work Monday. Beth and I had a productive weekend along with a friend of ours transforming our home inside and out from Thanksgiving to Christmas. The Christmas Tree will go up Wednesday and with a few adjustments, the house is ready for the holidays. Enjoy your week all and remember to be safe out there.......
Old 12-01-2020, 03:47 AM   #3652
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee has been on since 0400 as I have an early meeting shortly. I see that the Eagles lost last night, we have the worst division with the Giants in first place having a 4 and 7 record 😄. Just think, 2020 will be over in 1 month. Have a great day all and enjoy.......
Old 12-02-2020, 03:59 AM   #3653
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on and it's already "Hump Day". Beth and I are putting up the Christmas Tree tonight which will make the house completely transformed from the Fall to the holiday season. We have a busy Saturday and Sunday coming up as it's the only off weekend we have before Christmas. Next weekend is the Army / Navy game and the weekend after that Army takes on Air Force here at West Point as well. Saturday, Beth and I have a number of shops to hit and Sunday we have some friends coming over for a lasagna dinner. This afternoon starting at 1540 (3:40 pm), the Steelers will be taking on the Ravens in Pittsburgh. Should be a good game and I'll be rooting for Baltimore to give the Steelers their first loos of the season. Anyway, enjoy all and remember to be safe out there.......
Old 12-03-2020, 04:01 AM   #3654
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on as always and it's Thursday which means we'll be at Schlesinger's Hudson Valley Cigars this evening. I see that the Steelers won again, sloppy game and all as stated by the Pittsburgh coach:

https://www.nfl.com/news/mike-tomlin...ty-despite-win

Well, Beth and I got the Christmas Tree up last night and it looks great. All I have left to do is some Christmas shopping for Beth and all is done. I hope everyone has a great day and we get to see some of the local S/BOTL tonight........ 🎅
Old 12-04-2020, 03:51 AM   #3655
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)
Talking Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning everyone, the coffee has been on since 0420 as always and it's Friday! We had a good time last night at Schlesinger's, a number of the regulars were out. It's looking like we'll have rain with a possibility of snow for the next day or two with the sun coming out on Sunday:

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...4#.X8oSkx17mi4

Our friends that were coming over for Lasagna dinner this Sunday switched it up for tomorrow instead. This will work out great for all of us as our shopping day switched to a sunny day out and about. Enjoy your weekend all and I hope you get to smoke a favorite or two or.......
Old 12-07-2020, 04:06 AM   #3656
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on as usual and it's back to work Monday. We had a great weekend overall, our Saturday lasagna party was a big hit (everyone loved it with plenty of leftovers); yesterday we went to Best Buy shopping for a new iPad for Beth as the one she has is older and needs to be replaced. Afterwards, we headed up to New Paltz for some Christmas shopping. Later on, we had a couple of beers at Craft Draft in Newburgh and then had dinner at our friend's new BBQ place (Handsome Devil BBQ):

http://handsomedevilllc.com/

https://www.facebook.com/handsomedevilbbq/

Have a great week everyone, we'll be busy for sure getting ready for this Saturday's Army vs. Navy football game here at West Point....... 🇺🇲

Go Army, Beat Navy!
Old 12-08-2020, 03:46 AM   #3657
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on and it's a brisk 27°F in the Hudson Valley as we speak. I'll be heading into West Point shortly as we have a number of meetings again today in preparation of this Saturday's game. Have a great day all and remember to be safe out there.......
Old 12-09-2020, 03:35 AM   #3658
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee has been on since 0400 (yes, 4 am) and it's "Hump Day". It's another cold one out there right now with a 30% chance of snow today as well according to NOAA:

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...4#.X9CnMR17mi4

I see that the Dallas Cowboys lost last night, it just shows that my Philadelphia Eagles aren't the worst, LOL. Anyway, enjoy everyone.......
Old 12-10-2020, 03:37 AM   #3659
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on as always and it's Thursday which means we'll be at Schlesinger's Hudson Valley Cigars this evening. We're in the final home stretch for Saturday's Army vs. Navy football game here at West Point. All the preparations and rehearsals are almost done and as always, we are sure it will be America's Game. Have a great day all and enjoy......
Old 12-11-2020, 03:54 AM   #3660
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's Friday! We had a good time last night at Schlesinger's, smoke primo stogies, watched The Fast and Furious: Tokyo Drift and enjoyed each others company as well. Got a few meetings today with a number of the 3 and 4 letter organizations in the EOC as well as on MS Teams. Should be a great day as the enthusiasm here at West Point is very high and all. Enjoy everyone....... 🇺🇲