Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 11-05-2015, 07:30 PM   #1
Remo
C.I.A

First Name: Mike
Trading: (122)
Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future
Default Second Firearm Thread...

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 898
Size:  17.1 KB

Told the wife I wanted a pocket gun for Xmas so I am getting an M&P .380 to go with my Shield and full size M&P's
Old 11-05-2015, 07:34 PM   #2
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Second Firearm Thread...

Nice Mike!
Old 11-06-2015, 08:35 AM   #3
Ashcan Bill
Ol' Dude

First Name: Bill
Trading: (6)
Partagas
Ashcan Bill has disabled reputation

I stopped in my local purveyor of fine firearms yesterday and came home with this model 37. It's a good bookend for my faithful 36 shown in the background, and it's an Airweight so it's about a third lighter. Both these came off the assembly line back in '89.

Ashcan Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 09:04 AM   #4
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future

Nice pick up Bill
Old 11-06-2015, 12:31 PM   #5
68TriShield
Got Torque?

First Name: Dave
Trading: (40)
HUpmann
68TriShield has disabled reputation

My boy just sold his M&P 380 (secondary gun)
68TriShield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 05:26 PM   #6
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas

Views: 1568
Size:  15.3 KB

Made it to the gun store finally for my early Xmas gift
Old 12-01-2015, 05:51 PM   #7
mahtofire14
Chillin in the Aging Room

First Name: Pete
Trading: (16)
Bolivar
mahtofire14 is a jewel in the roughmahtofire14 is a jewel in the roughmahtofire14 is a jewel in the rough

Hey guys, looking to buy my first handgun. Looking at mostly home defense and gun range for use. Looking at Glock and M&Ps. Have shot both, and am leaning towards Glock.

Also is there any good way to get discounted prices. I have noticed Glock is almost never on sale.

Thanks for your opinions.
Old 12-01-2015, 06:04 PM   #8
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas

Check gun broker and cheaper than dirt, they will ship to your FFL. What caliber? That Glock 43 is a sweet little gun
Old 12-01-2015, 06:20 PM   #9
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

I have both a Glock 22 and a M&P 40c. Prefer the M&P. groupings are much better with that one.

Slickguns is another good site to find deals.
Old 12-01-2015, 06:44 PM   #10
Brian D.
Have My Own Room

First Name: Brian
Trading: (1)
Brian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahtofire14 View Post
Hey guys, looking to buy my first handgun. Looking at mostly home defense and gun range for use. Looking at Glock and M&Ps. Have shot both, and am leaning towards Glock.

Also is there any good way to get discounted prices. I have noticed Glock is almost never on sale.

Glock and S&W have "First responder" discount programs available to police, fire, EMS, military, etc. Check for specifics. Also, Glock sponsors a regular series of matches run by their Glock Shooting Sports Foundation. Get a membership it makes you eligible for roughly the same discounts given through the First Responder program.
Old 12-02-2015, 05:17 AM   #11
dijit
Have My Own Room

Trading: (48)
Montecristo AirForce (Served With Honor)
dijit is just really nicedijit is just really nicedijit is just really nicedijit is just really nice

Taurus curve was given me by my brother in Oct for beating cancer. Love it looks like I am carrying a wallet.
Old 12-02-2015, 07:30 AM   #12
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas

Views: 1688
Size:  12.0 KB

Makes my Shield look big
Old 12-02-2015, 07:46 AM   #13
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

I'm due for a new slug flinger. I'd like a couple old 9mm's so I can duel wield, just like in Halo.
Old 12-02-2015, 09:10 AM   #14
Will herf for food

Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remo View Post
Attachment 16329

Made it to the gun store finally for my early Xmas gift
Nice Mike. I need a secondary for lightweight carry like that. I'm not sold on the .380 round though. I had considered the LC9 but lately I've heard complaints about quality.
Old 12-02-2015, 09:12 AM   #15
Will herf for food

Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
I'm due for a new slug flinger. I'd like a couple old 9mm's so I can duel wield, just like in Halo.
Like this Scott? Link
Old 12-02-2015, 09:14 AM   #16
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357 View Post
Nice Mike. I need a secondary for lightweight carry like that. I'm not sold on the .380 round though. I had considered the LC9 but lately I've heard complaints about quality.
Ya, I am lazy about carrying my 9mm in the summer when I am just wearing shorts and a t-shirt, i'll just throw this in my pocket as a last resort. They always say that any gun with you is better than your .45 at home
Old 12-02-2015, 11:28 AM   #17
Stevez
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Steve
Trading: (7)
HUpmann
Stevez will become famous soon enough

I always check out Buds for good deals and usually find their prices very competitive. I researched pocket guns quite a bit a few years ago and ended up going with the Kahr CM9 and love it. Bought a good pocket holster that was made for it and works great. The LC9's trigger to me was way too long and mushy. I also have the M&P9c and love that line, but that's not a pocket gun.
Stevez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 01:20 PM   #18
Steve
Dad Jokester Supreme

First Name: Steve
Trading: (6)
HdM
Steve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remo View Post
Attachment 16330

Makes my Shield look big
Old 12-03-2015, 12:17 AM   #19
Nathan
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (4)
Partagas
Nathan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahtofire14 View Post

When I got my Glock 19 I joined the Glock Sport Shooting Foundation and was able to order one at the law enforcement price and it was the cheapest I could find. This was 7 years ago though I don't know if they still do it.
Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 01:06 PM   #20
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Anyone familiar with the Urban Carry holsters? Urbancarryholsters.com