Raw Dog

First Name: Dom
Trading: (62)
RA
jonumberone has disabled reputation
Default Re: New York Mets 2012 Banter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yachties23 View Post
I just think one or two indiscretions on Wrights part pale in comparrison to the best player on the Yankees either hotdogging it or not putting in half the effort he should.

All that aside, Wight is a leader, and using your own argument, the Mets value him more than any other team will, so when we wouldn't get much back, why trade him. In light of Harvey coming up and being very good the other night, and the rumors that they may even bring up Wheeler this year, I think having a veteran presence in the locker room is necessary. Who else is that going to be? Maybe Johan or Dickey, but it is pretty clear to see that Wright is the leader of the team.
Playing the game the "right way" means you hustle on every play!
Using Cano as an example is grasping at straws.
Everybody knows Jeter is the guy on the Yanks you need to bring up when making comparisons in the "Hustle" department.
If I was a Sox fan, you would need to bring up Pedroia, not ortiz.
Otherwise your comparing apples to oranges, but you knew that already

Couple of points:
Quote:
As of today I am no longer a Mets fan.
Chris, you seem awfully vested in a team you are not a fan of!

Mac, yes its Saturday morning, I'm bored, so I'm stirring the pot

FWIW, I think the Mets should clean house!
Trade Wright, Santana, and Dickey.
That's how they will get out of this situation they are mired in.
Bringing in crops of young talent, not holding on to the failed dreams of an 06, 07, and 08 team that came up short after being built around Wright!
As for a veteran presence, You have Jason Bay for next year with a player option for the following year!
Old 07-28-2012, 08:08 AM   #602
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

F&*$ Jason Bay!!!
Old 07-28-2012, 08:12 PM   #603
Dave128
Sexy Dave

First Name: Dave
Trading: (4)
Dave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
F&*$ Jason Bay!!!
Ditto!
Old 07-29-2012, 07:29 AM   #604
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Mets drop another one to the Dbacks..Davis hits three HRs and they are the only runs scored??? WTF??
Old 07-29-2012, 01:54 PM   #605
yachties23
The Belly of the Beast

First Name: Chris
Trading: (15)
Bolivar
yachties23 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonumberone View Post
Playing the game the "right way" means you hustle on every play!
Using Cano as an example is grasping at straws.
Everybody knows Jeter is the guy on the Yanks you need to bring up when making comparisons in the "Hustle" department.
If I was a Sox fan, you would need to bring up Pedroia, not ortiz.
Otherwise your comparing apples to oranges, but you knew that already

Couple of points:

Chris, you seem awfully vested in a team you are not a fan of!

Mac, yes its Saturday morning, I'm bored, so I'm stirring the pot

FWIW, I think the Mets should clean house!
Trade Wright, Santana, and Dickey.
That's how they will get out of this situation they are mired in.
Bringing in crops of young talent, not holding on to the failed dreams of an 06, 07, and 08 team that came up short after being built around Wright!
As for a veteran presence, You have Jason Bay for next year with a player option for the following year!
Dom, there is nobody I would rather dispute the faults of this team than you. Honestly for a Yankee fan you aren't half bad. That being said as much as I tried not to watch the Mets, once hockey and basketball season was over it was either watch the Mets, or be converted to a Kardashian viewer by my girlfriend. Since I couldn't allow the latter, I watched a lot of baseball, as a way to count the days until football season starts, which by the way in less than 6 weeks away.
Old 07-29-2012, 06:12 PM   #606
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Mets beat the Dbacks 5-1 and Dickey picks up his 14th victory.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:54 AM   #607
jonumberone
Raw Dog

RA

Quote:
Dom, there is nobody I would rather dispute the faults of this team than you. Honestly for a Yankee fan you aren't half bad. That being said as much as I tried not to watch the Mets, once hockey and basketball season was over it was either watch the Mets, or be converted to a Kardashian viewer by my girlfriend. Since I couldn't allow the latter, I watched a lot of baseball, as a way to count the days until football season starts, which by the way in less than 6 weeks away.
All good in the hood, Chris!
Here's hoping your favorite NFL team isn't as hapless as your favorite MLB team!

To show there's no hard feelings, I'll give you a Yankee hat to wear down to Baltimore!
Old 07-30-2012, 09:27 AM   #608
Dave128
Sexy Dave

Dave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really nice

Mets finally get a win. Thank God for R.A. Dickey. He's seems to be one of the only constants the team has. One win every five games isn't so bad. Also, it's nice to see Davis hitting the ball well.
Old 07-30-2012, 12:44 PM   #609
yachties23
The Belly of the Beast

Bolivar

Quote:
All good in the hood, Chris!
Here's hoping your favorite NFL team isn't as hapless as your favorite MLB team!

To show there's no hard feelings, I'll give you a Yankee hat to wear down to Baltimore!
Cleveland Browns.... Mets.... Knicks...NY Rangers....

Not a lot of winning in my life. 86 Mets, 94 Rangers... that is it..

I might add I was at the 1988 NLDS Game 4 when Mike Scoscia of all people hit the homer off Doc, and Alejandro Pena channeled his inner Sandy Koufax.
Old 07-31-2012, 04:52 AM   #610
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Mets finally pull off an extra inning win, beating the Giants 8-7 in 10 innings. Staying ahead of the Phillies for that dreaded cellar spot...at least for now.
Old 07-31-2012, 08:37 AM   #611
Dave128
Sexy Dave

Harvey is on the hill tonight. Can't wait to see if he's the real deal.
Old 08-01-2012, 05:12 AM   #612
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Mets drop one to the Giants last night 4-1.
Old 08-01-2012, 05:17 AM   #613
jonumberone
Raw Dog

RA

Did Alderson have his phone turned off for the deadline, or did the Wilpons forget to pay the bill?
Old 08-01-2012, 05:19 AM   #614
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Quote:
Did Alderson have his phone turned off for the deadline, or did the Wilpons forget to pay the bill?
I think it was a little of both. Nice message to send to the fans...we aren't doing anything to improve our ballcub. Because everyone knows how awesome our bullpen is.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:27 AM   #615
Dave128
Sexy Dave

Harvey pitched a decent game. He had 7 K's. Too bad the rest of the team couldn't get on base against a struggling Lincicum.

Also, what the heck is management thinking? There had to be a pitcher out there that could have helped our bullpen. Although, I'm not so sure anyone would have wanted what we have to offer for a trade.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:43 AM   #616
jonumberone
Raw Dog

RA

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
I think it was a little of both. Nice message to send to the fans...we aren't doing anything to improve our ballcub. Because everyone knows how awesome our bullpen is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave128 View Post
Also, what the heck is management thinking? There had to be a pitcher out there that could have helped our bullpen. Although, I'm not so sure anyone would have wanted what we have to offer for a trade.
My comment was part of my usual ball breaking routine.
To be fair, unless he was going to sell off, there was nothing Alderson could've done yesterday.
If he was going to make a move it should've been after the Yankee's and Cub's series, when it was apparent to everyone that the Mets needed bullpen help and a right handed bat.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:49 AM   #617
yachties23
The Belly of the Beast

Bolivar

Quote:
My comment was part of my usual ball breaking routine.
To be fair, unless he was going to sell off, there was nothing Alderson could've done yesterday.
If he was going to make a move it should've been after the Yankee's and Cub's series, when it was apparent to everyone that the Mets needed bullpen help and a right handed bat.
Agree 100 percent. What could we possibly have added to this team without trading something that is important to the future. Lets call a spade a spade and say that the first half of the season was something we didn't expect and it was great to see them play well, but that has run its course and injuries are starting to play a factor. I'm glad we didn't trade any of our young talent in a last ditch effort to try and make the playoffs, which at this juncture looks very unlikely.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:58 AM   #618
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

As I said from day one...anything above the cellar is a good year for us. And that, my friends, is sad for what we are paying some of these players (specifically Bay & Santana).
Old 08-02-2012, 05:10 AM   #619
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Mets beat the Giants 2-1 as Neise throws a great game.
Old 08-02-2012, 08:03 AM   #620
Dave128
Sexy Dave

How is it possible the Neise has a better batting average than Bay?
Closed Thread