Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 06-21-2018, 11:00 PM   #1
borndead1
Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla

First Name: Mark
Trading: (7)
Partagas
borndead1 has a spectacular aura aboutborndead1 has a spectacular aura about
Default Plasencia Reserva Original pyramid

This is the re-designed (and re-blended?) release of the Reserva Organica, allegedly the first organic cigar. I was a big fan of both the lines (Organica and 2001 Edicion Limitada). So much so that I burned myself out on them. So when I saw this re-vamped release, I had to try them. Nice looking cigar with a beautiful wrapper. Heavy in the hand and well-rolled. Perfect draw. Barnyard and tobacco aroma pre-light. 6 1/4 X 52.

First few draws...woodsy with a bit of grass. The woodsy flavor lingers on the palate.

About 1" in...still a little woodsy on the draw, the grass has subsided and a bit of sweet anise is creeping in on the finish. The room note is a pretty standard 'cigar' aroma. On the mild side of medium "strength". Minor burn correction.

About 2" in...dominant flavors and aromas are still the same, with the sweet anise becoming a little more bold on the finish. Still on the mild side of medium. Enjoying the cigar so far, with another burn correction being my only complaint so far.

About halfway...pretty much the same, with the anise subsiding a bit. This blend seems a bit milder than the old blend. I may have to dig through my humis and see if I have any of the old ones left to compare. I am enjoying the cigar quite a bit, but it is pretty mild. And the burn is a little crooked.

A little past halfway...the anise flavor has come back on the finish. Anise is one of those flavors that I don't like by itself (yuck @ black licorice) but I enjoy it as a complementary flavor (cigars, wine).

Toward the end...sweet, woodsy, and anise, with the "strength" bumping up just a tiny bit. The cigar required several burn corrections, which shouldn't really bother me because it only takes a second to fix it. But it bugs me for some reason. Let 'er die at around 1.5".

Final thoughts...aside from the burn corrections, I enjoyed this cigar. I wouldn't pay retail for them, but I'll snag a box at auction for sure.
Old 06-22-2018, 10:45 AM   #2
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Plasencia Reserva Original pyramid

Great review, Mark.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote