Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 03-13-2009, 09:55 AM   #81
gnukfu
I like cigars

First Name: George
Trading: (27)
LGC
gnukfu is a jewel in the roughgnukfu is a jewel in the roughgnukfu is a jewel in the roughgnukfu is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Things People Do That Amaze You

I was amazed that Lisa said "Yes" when I proposed....

gnukfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 10:03 AM   #82
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen910 View Post
Strange..
I don't see that as amazing...I see it more as the purest of the human spirit where we believe in our little community.
Actually, the purest of the human spirit is in the daily acts in which people show how inconsiderate they are of others and how self-absorbed, selfish, and looking out for #1 one they are.

Those who look out for others and are bound up in a community, are those who have risen (been raised) above the natural inclination to selfishness.
Old 03-13-2009, 10:06 AM   #83
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTsetGO View Post
I always love it when people complain about cops doing their jobs.

"WTF man, i just got a ticket for doing 61 in a 35, F'in pigs have nothing better to do than give out BS speeding tickets."
And those kind of people are like the one who killed my first friend to die (age 5) who was struch by a car doing 80 in a 25 zone while riding his bike, and quipped to the officer, "It's not my fault, I didn't see him."
Old 03-13-2009, 10:49 AM   #84
Willygt
FunkY Monkey!!

First Name: Carlos
Trading: (0)
VR
Willygt is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
Hehehehe
How many times have you gone to McDonald's and your food was wrong and you're missing your straw? If it's not happened, you should experience our McDonald's.
You'd have to be delirious not to check your bag.
It surprises me to learn that my turn at the window is a lot less important than yours. If you're too busy to wait, go home and make a sammich. hehehe
My god I hate that!

Me and my SO once bought some meals to go since we were going out of town to the desert, just to spend some time outside the city. When we arrived I opened my burger, and guess what, it was missing the meat....

man, Ihad to eat a lettuce sandwich with fries....

there has not been 1 time at the local mcdonalds that we had a perfect order...
Willygt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 10:58 AM   #85
Drat

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippewastud79 View Post
Tonight I was trying to parallel park my car, clearly slowing down, with my turn signal on, when I come to a stop and put it in reverse I notice a young female driver had pulled right up on my bumper. The car behind her had stopped far enough back to let her back out of the way and let me quick pull in and park, but instead she waits until the next lane was open and then proceeds to honk at me and quick swing around me giving me a dirty look. I guess brake lights and the turn signal weren't enough warning for her
I swear, you must live in my neighborhood...

Quote:
What about when people get out of the shower to pee?

I'm surprised this hasn't become more of a bad driver bashing thread.

I could write for hours about stupid things people do that amaze me, but it's the random acts of kindness and selflessness that actually amaze me more. We get bombarded with news about so many stupid, selfish people every minute of every day (the latest that really made me sad was the guy who proposed to his 17 year old girlfriend at Chilis just a few weeks after his 5 year old daughter disappeared, WTF?) that I often forget that there are good people out there...
Old 03-13-2009, 11:03 AM   #86
Whee
formerly illinoishoosier

First Name: Sean
Trading: (17)
Partagas
Whee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to behold

Saw one today....

At my local fast food morning stop...(cough cough Mickey D's cough cough) I was waiting in line at the drive thru during change over. This is where they change from breakfast to lunch and service times generally slow down. I live that. 12 minutes in line yesterday, but I digress.

Today, a car whips out from behind me and pulls alongside another car in line. They proceed to have a conversation, while the second car is at the speaker!! 4 minutes, a couple of hinks and an FU, she finally pulled away so the guy could place his order.

Uh, hello? ever heard of a cell phone?
Old 03-13-2009, 11:11 AM   #87
Kreth
Ronin smoker

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (14)
Kreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really nice

The 40 year-old manager of one of our local Mickey D's recently won the Ray Kroc award for managerial excellence. His quote in the paper: "I can say I did it, I reached the top."
Dude, your primary competition was teen-agers, and it's an award from fricking McDonald's, not a Nobel prize!
Kreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 11:25 AM   #88
DPD6030
Shepard of the sheeple

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (151)
Partagas
DPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud of

How about the guy who called to say his $20 was stolen. Went over and spoke with him in front of a known crack house. I was like dude, you were trying to buy crack. The guy was like no I wasn't. Once again had to remind him that I didn't grow up yesterday Low and behold he was trying to buy crack! I told him he had two choices...go home or go to jail. Reminds me on Indiana Jones..."he chose wisely". I haven't seen him since.
DPD6030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 12:09 PM   #89
MajorCaptSilly
Sklee

First Name: Scott
Trading: (30)
Bolivar
MajorCaptSilly has disabled reputation

I work as a consultant for an IT company. We recently got a new connector to our CRM software for our Smart Phones. I was the only consultant in my office that installed the very easy to install software myself. The others had our technicians do it for them. I had quite a few techs come to me and ask how these guys are selling our technology services when they can't even use a cell phone.

MCS
Old 03-13-2009, 12:12 PM   #90
MajorCaptSilly
Sklee

First Name: Scott
Trading: (30)
Bolivar
MajorCaptSilly has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreth View Post
The 40 year-old manager of one of our local Mickey D's recently won the Ray Kroc award for managerial excellence. His quote in the paper: "I can say I did it, I reached the top."
Dude, your primary competition was teen-agers, and it's an award from fricking McDonald's, not a Nobel prize!
I can say from experience as a former retaurant manager that it is not an easy job. It's especially not easy to do it well. I applaud anyone who does a job and does it well no matter what line of work they're in. Were not all Nobel Prize winners.

MCS
Old 03-13-2009, 12:18 PM   #91
Drat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorCaptSilly View Post
I work as a consultant for an IT company. We recently got a new connector to our CRM software for our Smart Phones. I was the only consultant in my office that installed the very easy to install software myself. The others had our technicians do it for them. I had quite a few techs come to me and ask how these guys are selling our technology services when they can't even use a cell phone.

MCS
As a desktop support analyst in a former life, I was dumbfounded by an employee who called me in to ask this question: "how do you capitalize a letter?"
Old 03-13-2009, 12:47 PM   #92
cbsmokin
Looking for the Apex

First Name: Craig
Trading: (10)
Cohiba
cbsmokin will become famous soon enough

This is a rant of sorts, skip if you please.

I close home loans. Borrowers do a lot of dumb stuff. First they act like they are reading the documents when they are not. I know where all the fine print is that will scare you. They never ask questions about that stuff, instead they ask about all the stuff in big bold letters. Really? It took you 17 minutes to read a page just to ask me about the bold print at the top?

Next is the guy who puts his pen down after every page. Hey dummy your gonna sign your name about 86 times, do you think you can keep the pen in your hand for a minute? Nah, lets play the pick up sticks game instead.

This one bothers me the most. Burping. I mean come on, you are sitting with an attorney conducting the largest financial transaction of your life and you are gonna start burping? Please, my 5 year knows better than to burp in public and you do it at the closing table? Really? Give me a break! Then they act like it is OK because they say "oh, excuse me." What it snuck up on you?

AGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Back to your regular programming.

Check out C.A.R.B. IV http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showth...840#post879840
cbsmokin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 01:54 PM   #93
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drat View Post
As a desktop support analyst in a former life, I was dumbfounded by an employee who called me in to ask this question: "how do you capitalize a letter?"
how about "can I email to people abroad, and is it more expensive then emailing people short distance?". I got dumb questions like that when I worked at a helpdesk.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:44 AM   #94
ahc4353

One for the good guy (guys) column.

When someone finds out your in town and posts a thread to gather the locals for a night out of cigars, food and drink for a guy he has never even met. Then provides the smokes for the evening. And another one picks up the tab and another one makes sure you have a cigar in your hand when you leave. Then a day or so later when you ask if you can stop buy to say thank you he makes sure you have a cigar in your hand for the ride back to the hotel and his business partner makes sure you have a fiver in your hand for the long ride home.

Amazing? I lived it.
Old 03-19-2009, 01:16 PM   #95
GTsetGO
those were the droids

First Name: Rob
Trading: (5)
Montecristo
GTsetGO has a spectacular aura aboutGTsetGO has a spectacular aura aboutGTsetGO has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevSmoke View Post
And those kind of people are like the one who killed my first friend to die (age 5) who was struch by a car doing 80 in a 25 zone while riding his bike, and quipped to the officer, "It's not my fault, I didn't see him."
i see it all the time. I run a mustang site and I am amazed at how many threads are started for this very reason.

i always post a pic of Jim Cary in Liar Liar where he is Saying, "Quit breaking the law @sshole."
Old 03-22-2009, 09:12 PM   #96
ahc4353

Boxes arrive at your door with fantastic cigars, humidors and top shelf booze. All from people that don't want to be known.
Old 03-22-2009, 09:16 PM   #97
WildBlueSooner
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: James
Trading: (19)
AirForce (Served With Honor)
WildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura aboutWildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura aboutWildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahc4353 View Post
Boxes arrive at your door with fantastic cigars, humidors and top shelf booze. All from people that don't want to be known.