Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 03-12-2009, 12:19 PM   #21
Whee
formerly illinoishoosier

First Name: Sean
Trading: (17)
Partagas
Whee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Things People Do That Amaze You

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahc4353 View Post
Sapphire?
in a martini with blue cheese stuffed olives...

Hmmm, I'm pretty sure I can get everything I need right here in Wally World and have a businessman's lunch today!!
Old 03-12-2009, 12:25 PM   #22
s15driftking
Go Browns!

First Name: Bobby
Trading: (16)
Partagas
s15driftking has a spectacular aura abouts15driftking has a spectacular aura about

when my employees yell and complain to me when their check doesn't arrive to there home "on time" or at all. Its not my problem that either;

A. the mail service screwed it up (in which case we overnight them a a replacement check once deemed "lost")

or

B. You didn't notify us that you changed your address & it did not take affect with the PO yet. so it went to your old address
Old 03-12-2009, 12:27 PM   #23
landhoney
Mr. Charisma

First Name: Seth
Trading: (32)
landhoney has a spectacular aura aboutlandhoney has a spectacular aura aboutlandhoney has a spectacular aura about

My line of consulting is not the most interesting, so I'll spare you all. But something I deal with almost daily is people not following simple instructions and not reading.
I know we live in an age of ridiculous warning labels, constant advertising, etc. so we tend to shut things out and not read them. But if you hire a consultant and they say 'please read this document', please read it. There is little excuse for seeing "please sign but do not date this document' and then mailing a signed form we will not be able to use.
landhoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 12:27 PM   #24
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

First Name: Larry
Trading: (44)
Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold

People who really think that shows like "The Hills" are reality TV, as in the people on the shows aren't actors but real teenagers who do nothing but party and drink and eat out all day everyday with nary a parent to be found.

When you hold the door for someone who has an arm full of boxes or anyone for that matter and there is no resemblence of a "thank you".

When high school aged kids in my area go to the mall with their children and show them off to their friends and you can hear them making comments like "Thats so cool"......No thats a kid....not cool, not a doll.... a real, living, breathing child. Or the fact that 15 year olds have baby showers
Old 03-12-2009, 12:29 PM   #25
Genetic Defect
difetosso

First Name: Perry
Trading: (5)
VR
Genetic Defect has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippewastud79 View Post
People who really think that shows like "The Hills" are reality TV, as in the people on the shows aren't actors but real teenagers who do nothing but party and drink and eat out all day everyday with nary a parent to be found.

When you hold the door for someone who has an arm full of boxes or anyone for that matter and there is no resemblence of a "thank you".

When high school aged kids in my area go to the mall with their children and show them off to their friends and you can hear them making comments like "Thats so cool"......No thats a kid....not cool, not a doll.... a real, living, breathing child. Or the fact that 15 year olds have baby showers
hygiene is important
Old 03-12-2009, 12:31 PM   #26
s15driftking
Go Browns!

Partagas
s15driftking has a spectacular aura abouts15driftking has a spectacular aura about

And another thing that amazes me:

how people swallow swords!

J/K

In all reality, I am amazed at people who think that its their deserved and entitled right to sit at a drive thru window and check the food bag as if there is no one waiting in line to move up and get their food. I mean come on, move it buddy! I hate the extent of entitlement some of these A$$holes feel that they are owed in this world. that pisses me off to no end.
Old 03-12-2009, 12:32 PM   #27
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold

I am never a big fan of people who like to honk in lines of cars from 10 cars back. If there is no where for the car in front of you to go, then why are you honking at them. Like in the drive-thru when people are in such a hurry they can't even wait until people get their change before everyone starts honking. What is the damn hurry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Vito View Post
hygiene is important
So is abstinence and condoms
Old 03-12-2009, 12:32 PM   #28
s15driftking
Go Browns!

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippewastud79 View Post
When you hold the door for someone who has an arm full of boxes or anyone for that matter and there is no resemblence of a "thank you"
WOW, you have no idea how "on-point" you are with that one. NO IDEA!!! it kills me!!!
Old 03-12-2009, 12:35 PM   #29
Mugen910
I <3 Huy

First Name: Location
Trading: (106)
HUpmann MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
Mugen910 has disabled reputation

Quote:
don't preach to me I'm not 15 or pregnant
Yet...
Old 03-12-2009, 12:37 PM   #30
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

yeah Perry, when will you finally turn 15?
Old 03-12-2009, 12:43 PM   #31
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by s15driftking View Post

In all reality, I am amazed at people who think that its their deserved and entitled right to sit at a drive thru window and check the food bag as if there is no one waiting in line to move up and get their food. I mean come on, move it buddy! I hate the extent of entitlement some of these A$$holes feel that they are owed in this world. that pisses me off to no end.
Hehehehe
How many times have you gone to McDonald's and your food was wrong and you're missing your straw? If it's not happened, you should experience our McDonald's.
You'd have to be delirious not to check your bag.
It surprises me to learn that my turn at the window is a lot less important than yours. If you're too busy to wait, go home and make a sammich. hehehe
Old 03-12-2009, 12:46 PM   #32
Genetic Defect
difetosso

VR

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
Hehehehe
How many times have you gone to McDonald's and your food was wrong and you're missing your straw? If it's not happened, you should experience our McDonald's.
It surprises me to learn that my turn at the window is a lot less important than yours. If you're too busy to wait, go home and make a sammich. hehehe
I'm with Scott they used to always and sometimes still do screw up our orders
Old 03-12-2009, 12:46 PM   #33
Whee
formerly illinoishoosier

Partagas
Whee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Hehehehe

This has happened so I often, I go in periodically and take a couple dozen straws from the drink station and keep them in the glove box.
Old 03-12-2009, 12:47 PM   #34
ahc4353

People who make wild a$$ claims with no backup data.

Old 03-12-2009, 12:50 PM   #35
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahc4353 View Post
People who make wild claims with no backup data.
My friends and I say you are wrong 100% of the time
Old 03-12-2009, 12:51 PM   #36
Genetic Defect
difetosso

VR

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoishoosier View Post
This has happened so I often, I go in periodically and take a couple dozen straws from the drink station and keep them in the glove box.
where do you keep your gloves?
Old 03-12-2009, 12:54 PM   #37
DPD6030
Shepard of the sheeple

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (151)
Partagas
DPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud of

Quote:
don't you have a speeder to pull over?
No I'm currently a receptionist right now until the arm heals. And not it is not funny.
DPD6030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 12:57 PM   #38
Whee
formerly illinoishoosier

Partagas

Quote:
where do you keep your gloves?
Old 03-12-2009, 12:57 PM   #39
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

Quote:
Hehehehe
No kidding. The one's who are behind me and can't wait the extra 15-20 seconds are the a-holes.
Old 03-12-2009, 12:59 PM   #40
DPD6030
Shepard of the sheeple

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (151)
Partagas
DPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggainey View Post
I hate to go on a 911 call and the person is not in any distress at all and wants us to transport them anyhow because they "will get to see the doctor quicker if I go by ambulance". Matter of fact our other truck is on the way to a call right now where the chief complaint is irritation after swallowing approximately one mouthful of Pinesol.
I've personally had to deliver the message that, "Your misuse of 911 can land you in jail, 911 is for emergencies only, you call again and I'll send up charges" One lady in particular...my foot hurts I want a ride to the hospital. Mind you it was hurting and she didn't break or hit it on anything. Ring Ring 911 what is your emergency. I want a ride to the hospital. Ma'am this is 911. Go to house, remind lady of 911 use and leave. Not two minutes later same thing. This time I go to house she asks me to take her to hospital. I pull out my favorite one liner. I only give rides one way and that's to jail, if you'd like to go hop in the backseat". Somehow she was mad at me but found a ride to the hospital.
DPD6030 is offline   Reply With Quote