Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 06-08-2010, 03:04 PM   #1
Wolfgang
Back from the dead

Trading: (14)
HdM
Wolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the rough
Default Anyone play Fable 2 on xbox360?

ive been playing far too much these days. Just wondering if anyone else out there plays online?
Old 06-08-2010, 03:47 PM   #2
JE3146
Jordan #2

First Name: Jordan
Trading: (26)
Partagas
JE3146 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Anyone play Fable 2 on xbox360?

Beat it in SP and never played much more.
JE3146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 04:36 PM   #3
VirtualSmitty
WiP!?

First Name: Joe
Trading: (0)
Vegueros
VirtualSmitty has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JE3146 View Post
Beat it in SP and never played much more.
Same. I sold it after I beat it to the ground.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:44 PM   #4
E-Tx Surveyor

I ditched my internet and cable TV a few months ago, and to curb my CoD addiction I played a ton of games on single player.

Fable 2 is the latest, I've held on to it for when I get cable back on the 14th (excited) because it seemed it could be good online. I hope I'm not disappointed.
Old 06-08-2010, 07:03 PM   #5
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

First Name: M.J.
Trading: (76)
Emjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to behold

I wish.
Old 06-08-2010, 08:40 PM   #6
Wolfgang
Back from the dead

HdM
Wolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the rough

Grrr. Online is ok but not too great. If you play co op who ever is joining your game has to choose a "henchman" instead of using their own character.
Its pretty fun after you do the infinite experience glitch but money is still hard to accumulate.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:03 AM   #7
E-Tx Surveyor

EmJaysmash, are you missng the game or the Xbox?

There is a pretty easy gold glitch, but for it to be real effective you become corrupt.
Increase the rent on all your property to 100%, save and quit. Go to your dashboard and change the date to Dec. 31, 2025. Sign back into Fable 2 and you will receive all that money as if you had sat dormant.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:56 AM   #8
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

First Name: M.J.
Trading: (76)
Emjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Tx Surveyor View Post
EmJaysmash, are you missng the game or the Xbox?

There is a pretty easy gold glitch, but for it to be real effective you become corrupt.
Increase the rent on all your property to 100%, save and quit. Go to your dashboard and change the date to Dec. 31, 2025. Sign back into Fable 2 and you will receive all that money as if you had sat dormant.
Heh, Both! Lol. I had the original Fable for the original Xbox, and I seem to have sold it at sometime or another. Not that I use my Xbox anymore as its a POS.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:15 AM   #9
Wolfgang
Back from the dead

HdM

yeah Ive done that glitch a few times. You can raise you morality by giving gold to the beggars and lowering all the rents in the gypsy camp to -100% Im still getting 14,000 every day but on a different character Im having trouble starting up my empite of houses.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:48 AM   #10
Apoco
Nerd with social skills

First Name: Alex
Trading: (37)
Apoco is a jewel in the roughApoco is a jewel in the roughApoco is a jewel in the rough

I just couldn't get into Fable2 like I did Fable1. Don't know why, though.

I had just borrowed it from a buddy, luckily. So no harm no foul.
Apoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 11:44 AM   #11
Wolfgang
Back from the dead

HdM

The "battles" have no challenge. In Fable 1 you ahd to kill Jack of Blades twice and it was semi difficult. Fable two you just beat the game by pressing "A". Kinda lame. The hookers in Fable 2 were funny though.
Old 06-09-2010, 03:05 PM   #12
JE3146
Jordan #2

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfgang View Post
The "battles" have no challenge. In Fable 1 you ahd to kill Jack of Blades twice and it was semi difficult. Fable two you just beat the game by pressing "A". Kinda lame. The hookers in Fable 2 were funny though.
That and I don't know about anyone else, but STD's were a fun goal to attain

Overall, I was pretty disappointed with Fable 2. Straight out of the gate with the "and now we begin your quest" like they couldn't of thought up any better transitionary words to lead you into the mission at hand?

Plot was kinda thin, gameplay was very repetitive and it just lacked completion in some areas. With a game that dealt entirely on consequences of actions, you could do quite a bit of nasty stuff with no consequences

I still enjoyed it though overall... but only because I'm a Fable fan
Old 06-09-2010, 03:33 PM   #13
Wolfgang
Back from the dead

HdM

WEll there is good news. Fable 3 should be coming out late this summer. Hopefully they go back to a fable one type battle system and make Multiplayer better, more like Diablo 2 for PC would be cool.

3D RPG with item drops and duels like the dibalo series would be awesome.
Old 06-09-2010, 04:08 PM   #14
JE3146
Jordan #2

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfgang View Post
WEll there is good news. Fable 3 should be coming out late this summer. Hopefully they go back to a fable one type battle system and make Multiplayer better, more like Diablo 2 for PC would be cool.

3D RPG with item drops and duels like the dibalo series would be awesome.
Odds are Fable 3 will play more like an expansion of Fable 2.

Reinventing the wheel isn't what these companies are about. Generating returns on code that's already written... is
Old 06-09-2010, 04:21 PM   #15
E-Tx Surveyor

Combat was rather repetitive and seemed lacking in certain areas.
Ill pick up Fable 3 a while after it comes out, only because I get free games though.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:27 AM   #16
Wolfgang
Back from the dead

HdM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JE3146 View Post
Odds are Fable 3 will play more like an expansion of Fable 2.

Reinventing the wheel isn't what these companies are about. Generating returns on code that's already written... is
So many people complained about Fable 2 that Microsoft and Lionhead Studios had to tear it down and start a whole new chapter. Im expecting big things.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:35 AM   #17
KenyanSandBoa
The Nightman Cometh...

First Name: Jim
Trading: (74)
Trinidad
KenyanSandBoa is a jewel in the roughKenyanSandBoa is a jewel in the roughKenyanSandBoa is a jewel in the rough

I've been playing Fable 2 lately as well. It was sitting around for a while and figured I would finally fire it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Tx Surveyor View Post
Combat was rather repetitive and seemed lacking in certain areas.
Ill pick up Fable 3 a while after it comes out, only because I get free games though.
I've noticed that it's very repetitive and I haven't found a reason to use many different spells. I kind of take the bull rush approach and bust in guns blazing.

I'm sure I'll get Fable 3, but I'll be waiting as well because it seems the price drops pretty quick with these types of games.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:42 AM   #18
Wolfgang
Back from the dead

HdM

indeed. Im all about summon dead lvl 4, then lvl 5 time slow then warp into the middle of them lvl3 time slow and then shootem in the nads and chop their heads off.

Kinda a lot of thinks to do but i made it through the game with only one death lol.