Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-02-2009, 06:51 PM   #1
papajohn67
Reprobate From The 101st

Trading: (62)
papajohn67 is just really nicepapajohn67 is just really nicepapajohn67 is just really nicepapajohn67 is just really nice
Default Revisiting An Old Friend...Oliva Angel 100

This afternoon I had a yen for a cigar and ended up striking a match to a well aged Oliva Angel 100 "1961". Been quite a while since I had smoked one of these and I would have to say with 3.5 plus years of humi time it was a treat.

The Oliva Angel 100 is not to be confused with cigars produced by the Oliva Cigar Company. They were a limited run made for the Oliva Tobacco Company "...solely from mature tobaccos grown on the world famous Oliva Family farms". Produed to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the bith of family patriach Anhil (Angel) Oliva they were rolled by NATSA in Esteli Nicaragua.

I picked up my first 5 pack box in early 2006. Early on they were harsh and just flat out hard to stomach. Now some years later they have developed into a great cigar. The Angel 100 "1961" is the smallest of the four sizes that were offered. A box pressed 6X45 Corona size with and appearance that left some people less than impressed. That being said smoking a cigar ain't a beauty contest for me.

The cigar smoked medium to full, the latter being the tag end of the stick. Straight burn, easy draw with a spicy taste, hints of wood a touch of carmel.
These have aged to perfection.

I have smoked a ton of these over the past 4 years. Do not really know if they still are available, they never seemed to catch on and appeared on C-Bid for quite a while. I loaded up and still have south of 50 tucked away in the humi. Just have to wonder how they will be smoking in another 5 years.
papajohn67 is offline   Reply With Quote