Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 10-31-2017, 04:26 AM   #1
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default Ortega Wild Bunch Dandy McCoy Empire State

The may release of the Wild Bunch is the Dandy McCoy, a 6×48 box pressed toro with a Connecticut Broadleaf wrapper, Nicaraguan binder and filler from Mexico, Honduras and Nicaragua. The wrapper is dark, has clear veins and a lot of tooth, it feels like leather and looks a bit like it too. The ring has a cartoon of Mr. McCoy, and I have to admit, I have no idea who this is based on, in the same style as the other releases. The cigar feels a little under filled to be honest but the smoke time should tell of it is or not. The aroma is medium full, slightly acidic and woody.

I punched the cigar. The cold draw is great. I taste floral flavors, mild and fresh. After lighting I taste a mixture of coffee, hay and toast. Soon I taste toast with sweetness, like sugar water. The second third the cigar starts to feel dry with sweetness, nutmeg, carrot and straw. Halfway I taste coffee again with some dark chocolate. There is a honey like sweetness.

The draw is amazing and the smoke is thick, full and white. The firm ash is gray and leans to the side. The burn is even. The medium bodied, full flavored cigar has a smoke time of an hour and fifteen minutes.

Would I buy this cigar again? Nah, not the best Wild Bunch.

Score: 90

https://cigarguideorg.wordpress.com/...-empire-state/