Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 04-19-2015, 11:22 AM   #41
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of
Default Re: Comic Books (Like I need another slope)

Understandably, it is difficult to get one's mind around preconceptions of a new-and-different Archie, for both the few rabid fans and the much-larger group of scoffing detractors. Yet I'll point out that the first issue of Archie Vs. Predator was universally hailed by reviewers as among, if not THE, best comic released last week. Who'd a'thunk? Maybe this wise man would.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKeUNmRShlU

Old 04-24-2015, 08:28 PM   #42
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

There are a double-handful of sites where one can get news and updates on comics and related media, but this one is the closest to the mindset of The Asylum.

http://www.theouthousers.com/
Old 04-25-2015, 01:32 AM   #43
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

First Name: Darren
Trading: (13)
LFdC Navy (Served With Honor)
Subvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poet View Post
Understandably, it is difficult to get one's mind around preconceptions of a new-and-different Archie, for both the few rabid fans and the much-larger group of scoffing detractors. Yet I'll point out that the first issue of Archie Vs. Predator was universally hailed by reviewers as among, if not THE, best comic released last week. Who'd a'thunk? Maybe this wise man would.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKeUNmRShlU

This is gonna seem like splitting hairs but...I'm not happy with the new style art work. It's not that it's not good, it is, but it doesn't give me the same pleasure as the comics I grew up with. It seems as though they're trying too hard.
BTW, I like Zack, he's a good peripheral character.
Old 04-25-2015, 08:23 AM   #44
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

Darren, you are free to like or dislike anything you choose. But Jack Kirby and Curt Swan are dead, and won't be penciling any new pages. Joe Kubert is dead too, but his sons and his school live on, with said school producing artists who'd like to eat on occasion. As a number of these are neighbors of mine, I don't mind helping them a tiny bit by buying comics not yet yellowed with age. That's just me.
Old 07-08-2015, 02:54 PM   #45
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

Good new and odd news for you Marvel fans out there.

http://marvel.com/penny?utm_source=N...arvelUnlimited

That's the good news. The odd?

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...aking_bulletin

Really? Not exactly type-casting, you ask me.
Old 07-08-2015, 03:40 PM   #46
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

Subvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to all

I have started to read more modern comics. I have a sub to Moon Knight and also buy Unbeatable Squirrel Girl from Marvel as well as Providence and War Stories from Avatar.
Old 07-08-2015, 04:01 PM   #47
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

Providence? You mean the new Alan Moore title? Yeah, I grabbed issue 2 today myself.

I found a NSFW explanation for that strange Spider-Man casting. No nudity, sorry, but some foul farkin' language.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPpsI8mWKmg
Old 07-09-2015, 03:26 AM   #48
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

Quote:
Providence? You mean the new Alan Moore title? Yeah, I grabbed issue 2 today myself.

I found a NSFW explanation for that strange Spider-Man casting. No nudity, sorry, but some foul farkin' language.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPpsI8mWKmg
Yes! It's based on H.P. Lovecraft's stories. I love the cover art on these. I used to read him a lot in the Navy. I didn't think that #2 was out yet; time to hit the LCS.
Old 07-10-2015, 05:30 PM   #49
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

Amongst many announcements at Comic Con was the following.

Cool, or lame? I'm torn.
Old 07-13-2015, 10:10 AM   #50
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

Quote:
Amongst many announcements at Comic Con was the following.

Cool, or lame? I'm torn.
I've never followed either title but both have a big following; I'm sure they'll have a market. At least the Turtles will have someone to pay for all the pizza.

Speaking of Comic Con, Haley Atwell (Agent Carter) is gonna be at Boston this year. Sadly we can't make it.
Old 07-13-2015, 11:22 AM   #51
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

Atwell is hot, especially for a 100-year-old woman.