Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 02-07-2010, 03:14 PM   #21
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation
Default Re: Adding latch to Vinotemp

Quote:
Originally Posted by aich75013 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell View Post
Did you just use a standard house drill to drill the screws in? I want to do that but add latches with small pad locks.
I have a Ryobi Lithium Cordless drill.
I just grabbed a drill bit that was the right size. Have to be a little carful on the metal as it takes a little to start the hole. If you don't keep a steady hand the bit can slip and scratch the metal.
Use a center punch to dimple the metal where you are going to drill and use two bits: a small diameter bit to drill a hole, then go to the larger bit. The dimple from the center punch will keep the small bit from skating, then the pilot hole that you drilled with the smaller bit will keep the larger bit from skating.

And use sharp drill bits designed for cutting metal. Some of the inexpensive bits are really only meant for drilling wood.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 03:39 PM   #22
Namerifrats

I may have to do something similar with my coolers before long. My 14 month old son just walks around them, but I keep them stacked on top of each other and keep things sitting on top. I guess he see's them both as a table. He has expressed interest a couple of times a while back when he saw my digging around in one. My little girl got into one of them when she was 2 and did a little damage. Dumped 2 boxes of cigars out on the carpet, stepped on a few of them. And broke 2 RP Vintage Robustos, and a Montecristo White Toro in two. Ruined 9 cigars total that day.
Old 02-07-2010, 03:44 PM   #23
okieRob
Still Watching My Back

First Name: I'm not telling
Trading: (6)
okieRob is on a distinguished road

Thanks for posting this. I hadn't thought about what would happen if one of my little ones got in my humi. Time to start using the lock.
okieRob is offline   Reply With Quote