Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 07-10-2010, 02:40 PM   #81
Wolfgang
Back from the dead

Trading: (14)
HdM
Wolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Crushed.

Dam straight! I havent had so much fun in years. the pressure is dissipating as I float to the surface after letting go of the anchor.
Old 07-10-2010, 09:24 PM   #82
BlackDog
Gonna make you groove...

First Name: Warren
Trading: (19)
BlackDog is a jewel in the roughBlackDog is a jewel in the roughBlackDog is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfgang View Post
Dam straight! I havent had so much fun in years. the pressure is dissipating as I float to the surface after letting go of the anchor.
Great to hear! I hope things continue to look up for you.
Old 09-13-2010, 09:16 PM   #83
SmokeyJoe
Chief Wannastogie Lounge

First Name: Joe
Trading: (28)
VR
SmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud of

How are things going, bro?
Old 09-13-2010, 09:35 PM   #84
Chingas
Death Is Waiting

First Name: Chingas
Trading: (35)
Partagas
Chingas has disabled reputation

Great question Joe!

How is our good friend Mark doing?
Old 09-14-2010, 07:47 AM   #85
Wolfgang
Back from the dead

HdM
Wolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the rough

Im fantastic. Back in school and now overloaded with homework and weekly quizzes. As for the love life. Lindsey the origional lady ended up seeking me back out. Things arent the same but I feel they have evolved into a more stable relationship. I have also made many new good friends already here at USF which really surprised me being that we are only a month into classes. I also just moved and live a mile away from Tampa Humidor one of the major smokeries in Tampa.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:58 AM   #86
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Wait wait wait...I need to go back and read the other pages, but you went BACK to the one
that dumped you?
Or the woman you had BEFORE the one that dumped you?
Never ever go back to a woman that dumps you. That's rule 6. Once they make a call
like that, they can never be trusted again, and it will be another stake to the chest at
some later date. I am sure I am not reading this right, so forgive me, but no sirree, never
give a dumper a second chance. Watch some movies where the woman realizes she
made a mistake and tries to slither back into the life of the protagonist. Makes my
skin crawl. Especially the ones that cheat, then try to hold onto the money man after
they get caught cheating.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 08:05 AM   #87
Wolfgang
Back from the dead

HdM

I see where you are coming from but for now in this situation that doesn't apply.
Old 09-14-2010, 08:05 AM   #88
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

First Name: M.J.
Trading: (76)
Emjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Im fantastic. Back in school and now overloaded with homework and weekly quizzes. As for the love life. Lindsey the origional lady ended up seeking me back out. Things arent the same but I feel they have evolved into a more stable relationship. I have also made many new good friends already here at USF which really surprised me being that we are only a month into classes. I also just moved and live a mile away from Tampa Humidor one of the major smokeries in Tampa.
Glad things are looking up, BEAST! Be safe, and enjoy school!
Old 08-07-2011, 10:14 PM   #89
Wolfgang
Back from the dead

HdM

Hey guys. Took a year but you were right. Happy she's gone sad it took so long lol
Old 08-07-2011, 10:15 PM   #90
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

Quote:
Hey guys. Took a year but you were right. Happy she's gone sad it took so long lol

When one door closes, another one opens.
Old 08-07-2011, 10:16 PM   #91
Wolfgang
Back from the dead

HdM

Yes But its hard to remove the mark from where it hit her on the way out. /sadpanda
Old 08-07-2011, 10:42 PM   #92
KidRock
Moped Herf Crew

First Name: Jon
Trading: (17)
Trinidad
KidRock has disabled reputation

[quote=kenstogie;905596]I recently broke up with a steady of a couple years and in my ripe old age of 39 ended it before it got to the yelling stage, I would like to think were still friends and we still talk every once in a while.

Don't be sad that it ended but happy that it happened.

I am sure there was some good that came of it after all you were with her for a while so there must've been some love there. 22 is kind of young (at least is was for me) and there still some stuff to be learned. In fact at 39 there's still stuff to be learned.

That is some stellar stuff there. Thats some solid advice!
Old 08-08-2011, 10:02 AM   #93
bruceolee
King of Rants

First Name: Jason
Trading: (1)
Bolivar
bruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the rough

In my experience, you never truly get over it and at the risk of sounding like a springsteen song you learn to carry it with you. eventually, like many rough moments in life you get used to the pain and eventually forget it to a point. The hurt never goes away for good and anyone that says it does is in denial. thats just my opinion and in my experience it's the truth
Old 08-08-2011, 11:27 AM   #94
Stephen
Sultan of Cigars

First Name: Stephen
Location: Where the Pony Express began and Jesse James ended.
Trading: (18)
Stephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Well, My dog just died at the age of 15. That should keep my mind off things.
You and your girlfriend broke up AND your dog died? You're a living, breathing country song...
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 11:37 AM   #95
Stephen
Sultan of Cigars

First Name: Stephen
Location: Where the Pony Express began and Jesse James ended.
Trading: (18)
Stephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
It took awhile for you to learn the lesson, but in the end, recycling rarely works out.
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 01:06 PM   #96
Kneo
The Second One

First Name: Anthony
Trading: (3)
Kneo will become famous soon enough

I dated a girl from the time I was 14 to the time I was 24. Ten years and she meant the world to me. At the time I would have given anything to be with her forever and at times I think about her and think about how things could have been.

I took the breakup really hard back then, stopped eating and sleeping. I wasn't fun to be around and was just plain miserable. But as time went on I started to get over it and went on with my life. A part of me will always miss her, but I look at my life now and realize how much better I have it.

I have a great wife and two beautiful daughters who mean the world to me. I wouldn't trade them for anything.

In the end it will all work out how it is supposed to be.

In the words of Garth Brooks "Thank God For Unanswered Prayers"
Old 08-08-2011, 01:43 PM   #97
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

Looks like things worked out for the best, minus your dog.

Have to admit, only scanned pages one, two and 5....so not sure this has been mentioned.

I mean absolutely no offense to anyone in a current relationship at this age or that was in one at that age that continues to this day, good for both sets of individuals.....

BUT, IMO....at your age you should be sniffing more strange tail than a mutt at the worlds largest dog park...ESPECIALLY if you are going to school, which may be the most target rich environment any 18-24 year old male will ever set foot on. It is just one man’s opinion, but I'm throwing it out there.
E.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 02:35 PM   #98
Tio Gato
Uncle Kitty

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (11)
Partagas
Tio Gato is just really niceTio Gato is just really niceTio Gato is just really niceTio Gato is just really nice

Having your heart broken is really hurts. Having said that I gotta tell you that it's gotta happen before you find the best partner. I found pictures of the love of my life naked in a hotel room. I had not taken them. Ouch. I spent a couple years being a sad sack, then realized that I'm so much better off without her.

Listen to the brother's advice. You'll be fine. (Be sure to keep your eyes open!) I found my bride at a keg party playing quarters for a grad school going away party. 20 years later life is great. She can't cook, but I can spend all I want on cigars.

If I hadn't kept my eyes open I may not have spotted her. You will never know when you may find the one. I wish you the best of luck and don't do anything serious until you're 25 or older. That's the best advice I ever got.
Old 08-08-2011, 04:22 PM   #99
Wolfgang
Back from the dead

HdM

Thank you all. Keep in mind this thread is over a year old now. It sucked a year ago we got back together and just recently parted ways again. At the moment Im out and about doing all the things i couldnt with the ball and chain. Life is good.
Old 08-08-2011, 04:32 PM   #100
MurphysLaw
Anything can go wrong

First Name: Brian
Partagas
MurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really nice

Quote:
Thank you all. Keep in mind this thread is over a year old now. It sucked a year ago we got back together and just recently parted ways again. At the moment Im out and about doing all the things i couldnt with the ball and chain. Life is good.
MurphysLaw is offline   Reply With Quote