Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 10-15-2008, 06:33 AM   #1
Volt
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (19)
ERdM Navy (Retired)
Volt has disabled reputation
Default Los Blancos Criollo Hecho A Mano

Ok back in the day (7 months ago) as a wee little noob, in a trade gone BAD I received a Los Blancos Criollo Hecho A Mano from KASR.

Well last night I wanted both something new and something I knew, so this stick was new, but I know I like the Criollo/Corojo styled wrappers. So I pulled this stick out as it seemed to fit the bill.

The cigar:

Ring Gauge: 44
Length: 5.50
Wrapper: Honduras
Binder: Honduras
Filler: Nicaragua
Origin: Nicaragua

Stored at 70*/65%

The Los Blancos Criollo is blended using a Habano Criollo wrapper grown in Honduras and blended with tobacco from fields in the Jalapa Valley. The Criollo blend is intended for the discerning full-body cigar smoker. Habano Criollo cigars are rich in flavor and full in body. Smooth yet Robust!

So it was round, smelled and looked like a cigar....

The pre-draw was spot on for me, easy but with a slight bit of resistance.

Cut with the trusty Palio and lit with a Zippo and Z-Blaze insert (the only way to fly). I LOVE the distinctive sound of a zippo opening and closing. The light was easy and the burn from start to finish was razor straight. It never even thought about tunneling or getting out of shape.

The taste was a very nice mix. Easy on the nic, mmmm maybe mild in fact. For the flavors I will say this, for a mild smoker - try this to move up in spice in the afternoon and for the heavier spice/pepper lover, try this in the morning.

The up front taste of the puff was a touch of spiciness/pepper on the tounge, whether this is due to the criollo being less spicey thean the corojo, I'm not sure - but it was subtle and nice. The end of each puff was a bit of watery sweetness. Not sugary but a light finish. It stayed this way the whole smoke. This could have become very one deminsional and boring except the two sensations were opposed to each other keeping the flavors bouncing around. It kept the smoke fun for the whole length. Not sure if it would have smoked different younger, but the 7 month rest didn't hurt it any.

Thanks KASR for a great evening. I'll be hunting down a fiver from somewhere.
Volt is offline   Reply With Quote