Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 05-05-2013, 12:04 PM   #2521
shark
Cigar Smokin' Patriot

First Name: Ron
Trading: (0)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
shark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Photography Thread

Old 05-05-2013, 12:04 PM   #2522
shark
Cigar Smokin' Patriot

shark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of light

Old 05-05-2013, 12:10 PM   #2523
shark
Cigar Smokin' Patriot

Old 05-05-2013, 12:11 PM   #2524
shark
Cigar Smokin' Patriot

Old 05-05-2013, 12:13 PM   #2525
shark
Cigar Smokin' Patriot

Old 05-05-2013, 04:19 PM   #2526
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

First Name: Justin
Trading: (46)
HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

The wife.

img137 by emopunker2004, on Flickr
Old 05-05-2013, 05:01 PM   #2527
shark
Cigar Smokin' Patriot

Gratuitous car photo:

Old 05-06-2013, 06:14 AM   #2528
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Wow, you guys have been busy. I was gone all weekend, Chimping on the way home it looked like I had finally
had a mistake free trip to NO to shoot pics, but apparently the Nikkor 24-50mm lens I got second hand from BH
for way too much money is a POS. I put it on my best camera and wasted a day with it. The D200 that I saddled
last weekend with the loser lens was stellar with the 18-55mm this weekend. That lens continues to impress me,
being a kitter and all.

But every shot I took with the 24-50mm seems to be messed up in some way. At least this is the second
time I am going to put it away for being shite, the last time I apparently didn't learn my lesson. I have now.
Nice shots Ron.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:59 AM   #2529
OLS
Suck It

OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Thank goodness it was so cool on this day, this guy decided to KEEP his sunning spot rather than run away.

Old 05-06-2013, 07:03 AM   #2530
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
Thank goodness it was so cool on this day, this guy decided to KEEP his sunning spot rather than run away.

Shot thru a chain link fence?
Old 05-06-2013, 07:30 AM   #2531
OLS
Suck It

It almost looks like it could be, the diagonal distracting lines, the odd depth of field...
It ISN'T, but it looks like it, I guess. It's the shade kind of lining up with the reflections
that must be doing it. All the squirrels were sprawled out in the sun, the park was still
too shady to be warm for them. This was a COLD day in May.
Old 05-06-2013, 11:28 AM   #2532
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

That's prett cool then. Hm
Old 05-06-2013, 11:53 AM   #2533
BHalbrooks
Have My Own Room

First Name: B
Trading: (5)
SP CoastGuard (Active)
BHalbrooks has a spectacular aura aboutBHalbrooks has a spectacular aura about

Very nice shots everyone
BHalbrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:19 PM   #2534
OLS
Suck It

I had an odd thing happen this weekend. I was in NO on Saturday, got up Sunday and rode the plantation circuit
at least on the West Bank of the river. This boat, the Queen of the Mississippi, is based in Memphis, which is why
all of her passengers complain about the service and the food. But I digress. I shot a photo of it unknowingly
on Saturday morning around 4:30 am as it was docked in New Orleans. I didn't see it, but its in the night photos.

But I go down to Oak Alley Plantation, where the opening scenes from Interview with the Vampire are shot,
before Brad Pitt is turned, and he comes over the levee and rides his horse through the sugar cane. Ironically
there is sugar cane nearly everywhere BUT that spot, since no cane grows on the levee EVER, and that is where
the producers wished to show the GRAND shot from the levee down to the big house. ANYWAY, when I drive up
on Oak Alley, I see cops, and my favorite parking spot is blocked off. Then I look and see that there is a riverboat
docked behind the levee. So I parked about 1/4 mile away and walked down the levee til I got HERE:

As hideous a river boat as ever sailed, it's pretty plain to see.

Old 05-06-2013, 01:25 PM   #2535
OLS
Suck It

From the top of the levee, I simply turned 180 degrees and saw THIS:

If you are ever down that way, you should not only stop and see this from the road,
you should take the tour (or rather PAY to get access to the grounds). Now I do not
recommend paying for ANYTHING, but when you see the grounds of this plantation
you will BE AMAZED. This joint is spectacular. I did not pay, I shot from the levee
just fine. But I have gone with my sister and THEY toured it and I saw the pics, and
also meandered over to the gift shop to get a drink, and you can SEE a lot of it on that
walk. It will make you feel POOR. Coincidentally, the cops thought I was with the tour
trip off the boat, and they let me go right through the front gate, but I did not have even
the time to spare to walk back to the house. With people all over, its not worth it to me
anyway. They were really dealing with traffic and helping ole ladies cross the street, but
I know the drill, no one allowed in the front yard or near the main house who has not paid.

Make sure to visit my art blog to read about and see several other alleys of oaks that
people planted a few hundred years ago around my ole stomping grounds. I sure like the
fact that they took the time to do it. That entry will go up in the next few days.

Last edited by OLS; 05-06-2013 at 01:32 PM.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:07 PM   #2536
OLS
Suck It

This guy wouldn't get out from in front of my blue balls. I wanted to see the blue balls.
But his drunk passengers were either BROKE and trying to talk their way out of a fare
with an offer of a BJ, or were trying to understand how the cabbie arrived at the fare
perhaps thinking it was too much, or they were just drunk and stupid. Either way,
the cab WOULDN'T MOVE. I need my blue balls. I THINK this is the Westin? "THE W" anyway.

Blue Balls by MemphisBrad, on Flickr

Last edited by OLS; 05-07-2013 at 02:14 PM.
Old 05-07-2013, 04:19 PM   #2537
shark
Cigar Smokin' Patriot

Yeah my pet peeve is people who step right in front of me while I'm shooting.
Old 05-08-2013, 06:19 AM   #2538
OLS
Suck It

In their defense, they WERE there first, and they were in their element, a drunk's place is in the quarter.
I was just passing through. But I shot some other things while I waited, then just went around them
and shot what I needed a little closer.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:21 AM   #2539
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

First Name: SD
Trading: (52)
RA
Blak Smyth has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by shark View Post
Yeah my pet peeve is people who step right in front of me while I'm shooting.
I hate it when people are trying to shoot where I am walking
Old 05-09-2013, 11:37 AM   #2540
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

Took a trip to the beach today with the wife and a co-worker.

IMG_5054 by emopunker2004, on Flickr

IMG_5067 by emopunker2004, on Flickr

IMG_5086 by emopunker2004, on Flickr

IMG_5096 by emopunker2004, on Flickr