Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 06-09-2009, 07:29 PM   #1
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future
Default Shilala's Beads

Just wanted to let everyone know what awesome products one of our BOTLS has. Scott (Shilala) sold me "3" 8oz. bags of beads for my 3 coolidors and 3 smaller "Stick" bags (2oz. each) for my small humidors. He also sold me "1" 8oz. bag for my 7 drawer Tower Humidor that I have a hard time maintaining equal RH throughout. I must admit I was very skeptical about using "Beads" to maintain RH. I have been using 65RH Boveda packs and they work very well. However, at $70 every 3 months for Boveda packs, this was getting quite expensive! I tried Scott's beads and was not disappointed! My Coolidor is spot on @64RH every time I open the lid to check. I don't need to do a thing! Completely stable over the last 3 week period, with the temperature ranging in the 90's outside and the RH in my House at 55 and Room Temp 76. The Tower Humidor is even more impressive! With 7 drawers and around 200 sticks stored there, the RH ranged from top drawer to bottom drawer from 64-69 when using Boveda packs. With Scotts Beads, the range is 64-66 from top drawer to bottom drawer! I am still amazed at what these beads can do and how simple it is to maintain a constant RH! PM Scott (Shilala) for any additional info you may need.

Thanks again, Scott for your Awesome Products!

Greg
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 07:32 PM   #2
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future
Default Re: Shilala's Beads

Scott's beads are great. I have had them in my vino for about a year. I haven't had to charge em up in three or four month's.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 07:40 PM   #3
Savor the Stick
~Loves the Lord~

First Name: Kevin, or just K
Trading: (67)
Partagas Navy (Served With Honor)
Savor the Stick has disabled reputation

Another for Scott's beads they are truly an amazing product. Takes the worry out of caring for your cigars.

Thank You Scott!
Old 06-09-2009, 07:45 PM   #4
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Scotts beads have kept my humi at a constant 65%....thanks Scott!!
kelmac07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 07:51 PM   #5
jwintosh
i have a confirmation #!!

First Name: Jeffrey
Trading: (15)
Bolivar
jwintosh will become famous soon enoughjwintosh will become famous soon enough

he hits hard too!!
Old 06-09-2009, 09:16 PM   #6
sikk50
Just Bored Really...

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (13)
LGC
sikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of light

His beads have kept mine at about 67 for 5 or 6 months
Old 06-09-2009, 09:54 PM   #7
big a
Feeling at Home

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (42)
RyJ
big a will become famous soon enough

+1 on his beads. I have been using them a couple weeks in the vino and even with it running all day it is still holding right at 64-65%. I have not had to charge them yet. Not to thread jack or anything but if anyone has some tips/tricks on how to charge them in a vino please PM me and fill me in.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:04 PM   #8
csbrewfisher
Welcome to my nightmare

First Name: Jerry
Trading: (10)
LGC Navy (Served With Honor)
csbrewfisher will become famous soon enough

I liked heartfelts, but I love Scott's beads even more. He does an outstanding job.
csbrewfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 10:17 PM   #9
shadow king
Fresh outta Ad Seg

First Name: Matt
Trading: (19)
Quintero
shadow king is on a distinguished road

Does he sell them all the time or just when there is enough of a demand? How much per pound? I have some beads now but I may need 1-2 pounds more.
shadow king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 04:09 AM   #10
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

First Name: Ben
Trading: (50)
RA
stearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to all

you're better off pming him, but ya, nothing beats his beads, believe it or not they are even better than the magical green foam that came with one of my humis

stearns
Old 06-10-2009, 04:54 AM   #11
14holestogie
Serial banter killer

First Name: Tim
Trading: (52)
Partagas
14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold

Another satisfied user of the magical Shilala beads. Nothing better.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:46 AM   #12
WyGuy
Boiler Up!

First Name: Mike
Trading: (16)
Bolivar
WyGuy will become famous soon enoughWyGuy will become famous soon enough

Definitely a GREAT investment! My cooler is always rock solid at 63%, and I can't remember the last time I recharged them was.
WyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:51 AM   #13
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Are all the beads the same size as the grit that comes out of the bags, or is that just some particulate dust that will eventually stop getting everywhere?
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:56 AM   #14
colimo
friend of Brother Maynard

First Name: doug
Trading: (41)
PL
colimo will become famous soon enough

i got some from his recent sale, they work great, sprobably houlda got more....
Old 06-10-2009, 11:47 AM   #15
OLS
Suck It

OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Not stating that the beads are bad or don't work, btw. Just can't see into the sack to see if they are so small as to eventually all dust out. Mine are quite new and there is nothing in the information included to indicate they might release a little grit, although it did not surprise me, as all beads come with some dust I have found.
Old 06-10-2009, 11:53 AM   #16
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
Are all the beads the same size as the grit that comes out of the bags, or is that just some particulate dust that will eventually stop getting everywhere?
Yeah, it's dust. It sucks, I hate it.
Eventually all the dust works it's way out and they quit making a mess.
Best thing to do is sit them on a plate or in a box or something to isolate the mess.
I bounce them in my hand to clean them, but the seams are so delicate I have to be very careful.
When I make these things, I use rubbermaid containers with about 10 pounds in each container. I dump them back and forth from like three feet in the air and let the wind carry off the dust and chaff.
I do it for as long as I can physically stand it, but they still have dust.

I should start making little cedar trays to sit the bags in. That would be brilliant. It'd suck making them though.
Old 06-10-2009, 11:58 AM   #17
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by big a View Post
+1 on his beads. I have been using them a couple weeks in the vino and even with it running all day it is still holding right at 64-65%. I have not had to charge them yet. Not to thread jack or anything but if anyone has some tips/tricks on how to charge them in a vino please PM me and fill me in.
Make sure your drain is plugged in your vino. If it's not, fail will come in buckets.
If you don't have a copy of the instructions, just pm me your email and I'll send them.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:02 PM   #18
Waynegro1

Scott is the MAN!!
Old 06-10-2009, 12:15 PM   #19
OLS
Suck It

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
Yeah, it's dust. It sucks, I hate it.
Thanks, Scott, I have placed the bags in little molded plastic shipping inserts that are molded to fit whatever cheap, Chinese item they were holding upright in their original packaging. No grit on the loose, anymore. I figured that whatever dance you did to make the dust problem inherent in bulk bead shipments a non-issue was taking out most of the grit to begin with and it would eventually go away. The reason I publicly humiliated you was.........
On the performance side, They have not ruined my cigars yet!
Old 06-10-2009, 01:58 PM   #20
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
Thanks, Scott, I have placed the bags in little molded plastic shipping inserts that are molded to fit whatever cheap, Chinese item they were holding upright in their original packaging. No grit on the loose, anymore. I figured that whatever dance you did to make the dust problem inherent in bulk bead shipments a non-issue was taking out most of the grit to begin with and it would eventually go away. The reason I publicly humiliated you was.........
On the performance side, They have not ruined my cigars yet!
Hey, I publicly humiliate myself on a regular basis. It's a gift.
How bout a pic of the holder thingy you're talking about? It may stimulate other ideas on how to defeat the dust suckage.