Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 04-21-2012, 06:21 PM   #41
jjmitchem
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Jim "Chappy"
Trading: (3)
Army (Active)
jjmitchem will become famous soon enoughjjmitchem will become famous soon enough
Default Re: "That" cigar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBear View Post
My cousin is also getting married that day. I'll suggest what I'm planning on bringing out for him, an Old Man and the C. Even if its not the best cigar you've ever smoked, just taking the time out to have some mens time with your father and father-in-law and smoke a cigar I feel would be a special moment. Plus, culebras are commonly referred to as "the wedding cigar" in one of the stories detailing how they were made. If you're unfamiliar with the vitola, its basically three lanceros twisted around each other.
That sounds like a great idea - I am performing my Command Sergeant Major's daughters wedding in august and he is as big a cigar smoker as me

I think I will give him the El Triunfador "Old Man and the C , well I'll keep the single and give him the Culebra .

Anyone know who is carrying these right now?

Last edited by jjmitchem; 04-21-2012 at 06:28 PM.
jjmitchem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 08:46 PM   #42
DaBear
Have My Own Room

First Name: Bear
Trading: (26)
HdM
DaBear is a jewel in the roughDaBear is a jewel in the roughDaBear is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmitchem View Post
That sounds like a great idea - I am performing my Command Sergeant Major's daughters wedding in august and he is as big a cigar smoker as me

I think I will give him the El Triunfador "Old Man and the C , well I'll keep the single and give him the Culebra .

Anyone know who is carrying these right now?
We had them at work until I grabbed the last one today. By the time that wedding is the Black Label Old Mand and the C should be out, which will possibly be even tastier. I believe it has a June release guesstimate IIRC
DaBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 09:39 PM   #43
maverickdrinker
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: art
Trading: (15)
Cohiba
maverickdrinker will become famous soon enoughmaverickdrinker will become famous soon enough

I bought a number of boxes of the 2008 EL Montecristo sublime to celebrate my wedding anniversary. i did the same thing to celebrate my son's birth in 2010. i bought a number of boxes of the 2010 Montecristo Grand Edmundos. i was lucky to get a few boxes with the october box code (his birth month). I smoke one on his birthday and look forward to giving him a box on his 21st birthday.

congratulations on your marriage!!!
maverickdrinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 12:54 AM   #44
jjmitchem
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Jim "Chappy"
Trading: (3)
Army (Active)
jjmitchem will become famous soon enoughjjmitchem will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBear View Post
We had them at work until I grabbed the last one today. By the time that wedding is the Black Label Old Mand and the C should be out, which will possibly be even tastier. I believe it has a June release guesstimate IIRC
That sounds great - I will have to get the word out to my local B&Ms here to see if anyone is carrying them
Old 04-25-2012, 05:09 AM   #45
FelonyRuckus
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (0)
FelonyRuckus is on a distinguished road

Padron 45th Anniversary

I have 2 Cohiba Gran Reservas, eventually 1 for my wedding day and then 1 for my first born
FelonyRuckus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:12 AM   #46
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

First Name: SD
Trading: (52)
RA
Blak Smyth has disabled reputation

I would say any of the Liga line, although I prefer the No.9, L40 & FFP.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:21 PM   #47
Yojimbo

I think I'm gonna go with the Culebra idea, got a brother offering to send one over.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:58 PM   #48
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

Tatuaje RC233
Old 04-25-2012, 01:01 PM   #49
shopkins82
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (1)
shopkins82 is on a distinguished road

If it's your last smoke as a single man and you want to make it last as long as possible, there's always the Drew Estates Natural Egg!
shopkins82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 01:11 PM   #50
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonw560 View Post
Whatever you smoke on that special day will be "that" cigar.
Cough, COPOUT, eahem

Any habano would be my choice.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:06 PM   #51
ironchefscott
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: scott
Trading: (5)
HUpmann
ironchefscott will become famous soon enough

Opus x with some age...or any padron maddie anniversary for me!
ironchefscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:33 PM   #52
pektel
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Peter
Trading: (28)
LGC
pektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nice

If you can find one, a 2005 PLPC would be my choice. Or a Cohiba Coronas Especiales. You plan on smoking 2 hours before the wedding? When are they doing pictures? My sisters wedding (I was a groomsman and the music performer) was very busy in the hours leading up to the wedding. You are probably going to need a smaller smoke. So I'd keep it to something you know you will enjoy.

Another question: how does your bride to be look at the smell of cigar smoke? Might want to check with her before lighting up. I gave my cousin a nice CoRo at his wedding, but his bride didn't want to roll in the sheets with an ashtray, so he saved it until his honeymoon.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:42 PM   #53
pektel
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Peter
Trading: (28)
LGC
pektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nice

I'd also say your best bet for a cigar before the ceremony is either:

The night before. Find a nice patio with some friends/family and that bottle of four roses. Maybe find a nice place to relocate to after the groom's dinner.

Or,

First thing in the morning the day of the wedding. Though if you ate not an early riser, I'd go with the former option. Actually, I'd go with the former option either way. Sounds much more relaxed. And you won't get weird looks from drinking straight bourbon so early in the day.
Old 05-01-2012, 04:47 AM   #54
Apexkingjusto
Newb

First Name: Justin
Trading: (2)
Cohiba
Apexkingjusto is on a distinguished road

Maybe not so exclusive as a le or opus gof...but i love the siglos so so much...and for me they are very special as i keep trying to buy boxes of them and resist smoking any to let them rest!.

Point is whats special to me may bot be for you....its been fun for me to figure out what that special cigar is to me. Personally i had a couple opus xs and a gof and i liked them but they had too much nicotine for me i felt i got a buzz and was sick to my stomache from them....not enjoyable!
Apexkingjusto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:06 PM   #55
Yojimbo

I ended up going with the Johnny-O culebra for the reception with me, the best man, and the preacher (both are old high school buddies and lifelong friends). Before the ceremony I smoked a Padron 1926 40th, and the evening after the ceremony, a Boli PC (I've fallen in love with these, and I'm all out!)

Wife LOVES the smell of cigar smoke. She sometimes asks me to smoke in the house, just cause she misses the smell. She rates the cigars I smoke based on smell.

Thanks again everyone for the info and suggestions. I'm off to restock my humi after the wedding and honeymoon, haha.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:54 PM   #56
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogre View Post
If you can find some, the Anejo 77 Sharks.
DC had an '06 Shark. I figured he'd like it and it worked pretty good.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:55 PM   #57
lilninjabuddy
Cigar Ninja

First Name: Derek
Montecristo
lilninjabuddy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
Wife LOVES the smell of cigar smoke.
There's a keeper!
Old 05-09-2012, 08:59 AM   #58
saigon68

Anejo Shark/Padron 1926. Davidoff Millennium.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:46 AM   #59
Apexkingjusto
Newb

First Name: Justin
Cohiba
Apexkingjusto is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by the MacDonald View Post
If you're wedding is like mine was, save "that" cigar for a quiet time, some other time, and just smoke a good one on the wedding day. You'll be too busy to enjoy the "that" cigar...hopefully.

I had a gof when my first child was born 3 months ago. It was very good, but also a little strong and i got a bit dizzy from it. So i think its a good thing you are asking and i suggest whatever it is you try it before. Also as an fyi i had a bit of a last minute freakout the night before or so. If you are like a lot of guys and get this or just want to have some alone time on your last day as a single guy you may want something good to smoke over as you sit back and project how the rest of your life will be
Apexkingjusto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 11:50 PM   #60
fsjonsey
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (0)
fsjonsey is on a distinguished road

DPG Serie JJ Salomon.

Cohiba Siglo VI
fsjonsey is offline   Reply With Quote