Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 05:56 AM   #1221
Eleven
Solid As The Sun

First Name: Scott
Trading: (23)
Eleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: NHL '11 - '12 Thread

There's that goofy picture of Brown squeezing a water bottle the wrong way with a funny look on his face, I love that picture. But Man he was a beast last night. The difference between the Kings' captain and the Canucks captain is staggering.

I know the differences between leaders can be subtle, but Sedin *looks* like he is not a very good leader, and Brown took the opposite approach. In your face and scoring goals and absolutely destroying the only healthy Sedin left.

CA: putting the 'man' in bromance since 2008! --markem.
Old 04-16-2012, 07:31 AM   #1222
yourchoice
Down the stretch

First Name: Joel
Trading: (36)
Cohiba
yourchoice has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Flyers are right there with 'em IMHO, Joel.
Every team has a certain amount of cheap and dirty in them...the Flyers this year seem to have been less so than years past. I'm assuming the league's (Shanahan) disciplinary actions should shed light on who went overboard yesterday.

What gets me is the Pens like to portray they aren't that type of team. Tortorella said he thinks they are, Laviolette hinted he thinks they are...and their actions say they are. Lemieux's statement last year makes the contradictions laughable.

And Crosby is a punk! Interesting article about him here...http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...rodigy-to-punk

Best line, "What would your boss do?"
Old 04-16-2012, 07:43 AM   #1223
Bigwaved

Trading: (3)
RA MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
Bigwaved has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourchoice View Post
Every team has a certain amount of cheap and dirty in them...the Flyers this year seem to have been less so than years past. I'm assuming the league's (Shanahan) disciplinary actions should shed light on who went overboard yesterday.

What gets me is the Pens like to portray they aren't that type of team. Tortorella said he thinks they are, Laviolette hinted he thinks they are...and their actions say they are. Lemieux's statement last year makes the contradictions laughable.

And Crosby is a punk! Interesting article about him here...http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...rodigy-to-punk

Best line, "What would your boss do?"
Don't count on any light being shed from Shanny unless it is the sunlight going in one ear and out the other. His "justice" is a crap shoot. Has been all year. Consistency is not his goal.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:12 AM   #1224
Gophernut
Have My Own Room

First Name: Steve
Trading: (15)
Diplomatico
Gophernut will become famous soon enoughGophernut will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwaved View Post
Don't count on any light being shed from Shanny unless it is the sunlight going in one ear and out the other. His "justice" is a crap shoot. Has been all year. Consistency is not his goal.
Hagelin gets 3 games for the hit on Alfredsson, which I think is a little much but I understand. Yet somehow Carkner gets only 1 for what he did to Boyle? I don't get it.
Consistency is certainly not his goal. But common sense doesn't seem to be either.
It will be interesting to see what comes out of yesterday's game 3 between the Pens and Flyers.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:27 AM   #1225
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Anxiously awaiting Shanahan's verdict on Andrew Shaw's collision with Mike Smith. If he suspends him, I call bullshit...but I won't be shocked.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 04-16-2012, 09:43 AM   #1226
Eleven
Solid As The Sun

Eleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Anxiously awaiting Shanahan's verdict on Andrew Shaw's collision with Mike Smith. If he suspends him, I call bullshit...but I won't be shocked.
Don't think that should be a suspension.

Asham, yes.

Neal, no.

Adams, no.

And if your avatar is Sidney Crosby portrayed in makeup and lipstick, don't expect to be taken seriously when you give opinions about the Penguins.

Old 04-16-2012, 10:24 AM   #1227
yourchoice
Down the stretch

Cohiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleven View Post
Don't think that should be a suspension.

Asham, yes.

Neal, no.

Adams, no.

And if your avatar is Sidney Crosby portrayed in makeup and lipstick, don't expect to be taken seriously when you give opinions about the Penguins.
I agree with who you think will be suspended and who won't...but I think the league's decision on Neal and Adams will be intriguing. If Neal hadn't gone after both Couturier and Giroux I don't think there would even be a possibility. As for Adams, he received an instigation penalty in the last five minutes of the game, and if after review they deem the instigator call correct he will, by rule, be suspended...not that I necessarily agree with that.

And feel free to judge my posts by my avatar. I guess that means it's hard to argue the merit of the posts.
Old 04-16-2012, 12:39 PM   #1228
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahbroody View Post
As much as this hurts.
Go Kings Go!
Go Kings Go!
Blue moon again? I agree with Mike. I hate the Canucks.

BTW, don't bury the Wings yet. Seems that the team who carries the play has been on the losing end. Strange series. I just wish the Wings could play 60 minutes with the same desparation they played 30-40 min with last game.
Old 04-16-2012, 01:18 PM   #1229
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

Trading: (53)
HUpmann
Ahbroody has disabled reputation

Quote:
Yup, the Pens were by far the Dumber of the 2 teams today though. Totally got trolled and fell into the Flyers plan.

This series is over, and I hope the Pens from the TOP down learn a lesson here.
I went back and watched the first period again. Sorry Scott the Pens didnt get trolled. Both teams were equally chippy. Sidney had the big troll move of the period. Pushing the glove away with his stick? The Pens got frustrated and went too far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357 View Post
Blue moon again? I agree with Mike. I hate the Canucks.

BTW, don't bury the Wings yet. Seems that the team who carries the play has been on the losing end. Strange series. I just wish the Wings could play 60 minutes with the same desparation they played 30-40 min with last game.
Mike I just think the Preds depth/speed and goalie will win the day. Last game Datsyuk stole that puck and got a goal. Thats not going to happen often. Be honest great individual effort by a superstar, but flueky goal. The second goal was end of the game 6-4 empty net and pp goal. The Preds had one 5-4 pp but the other two goals were speed goals were the D got beat. Kleins goal the D got flat out beat. He skated right up the middle splitting both D. Kosti goal was speed also 3 on 1. The Preds scoring is coming from everywhere. I dont think the Wings carried the game.

As for Sharks this is tge make or break game. They got out skated, out played, and multiple players got a physical beat down by a Very good Blues team. Today we see if experience can win again. If they dont come out hitting and flying and go down early game is likely over. This game to me sets up the series winner
Old 04-16-2012, 03:56 PM   #1230
yourchoice
Down the stretch

Cohiba

Quote:
Adams, no.
NHL announced Adams is suspended for game 4 and Bylsma fined $10K. Asham and Neal to have hearings tomorrow.
Old 04-16-2012, 04:37 PM   #1231
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Checking NHLcom every 15 minutes trying to get the Shaw decision.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 04-16-2012, 07:26 PM   #1232
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

Quote:
Disagree. Watch video. At 1min. To me that angle shows possible intent. Could have pinched the wall. Didnt. got the goalie. Good thing it wasnt luongo he could have been killed.

Just saying could see a game or two. Maybe.

Luls forgot to post video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVPuI...e_gdata_player
Old 04-16-2012, 08:30 PM   #1233
Eleven
Solid As The Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourchoice View Post
NHL announced Adams is suspended for game 4 and Bylsma fined $10K. Asham and Neal to have hearings tomorrow.
I'll probably end up 1 for 3 on the predictions. Looks like Neal will go as well. I didn't see the Adams announcement when I checked NHL.com earlier, just the blurb about the other two and their 'meetings'.

Old 04-16-2012, 09:05 PM   #1234
yourchoice
Down the stretch

Cohiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahbroody View Post
Disagree. Watch video. At 1min. To me that angle shows possible intent. Could have pinched the wall. Didnt. got the goalie. Good thing it wasnt luongo he could have been killed.

Just saying could see a game or two. Maybe.

Luls forgot to post video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVPuI...e_gdata_player
Hmmm... interesting. I'm not sure though. If you look at the 1:14 point of the video, Smith looks to embellish it a bit. Being it was against a goaltender, Shaw may be suspended, but I'm still guessing he won't.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:53 PM   #1235
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

Well looks like I will be pulling for Hawks soon. Sharks down 3-1 after 2. Just getting out skated and out played. That arrnot goal was a killer. Vlassic standing still watching the puck never even saw him creeping down. It will take a miracle to win this one the way they look.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:57 PM   #1236
Bigwaved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gophernut View Post
Hagelin gets 3 games for the hit on Alfredsson, which I think is a little much but I understand. Yet somehow Carkner gets only 1 for what he did to Boyle? I don't get it.
Consistency is certainly not his goal. But common sense doesn't seem to be either.
It will be interesting to see what comes out of yesterday's game 3 between the Pens and Flyers.
Yup. He has been that way all season long. Class A jackass. Although, if Alfredsson is out the rest of the series, three games may be a fair trade off. Carkner's bs should have been dealt with more severely.
Old 04-16-2012, 11:01 PM   #1237
Bigwaved

It was a good bounce back game for my boys. I like the way they play team d.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:28 AM   #1238
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Tough luck for Craig Anderson tonight, what a crap goal.

Sharks need to bear down on Thursday or it's gonna bring on the Fat Lady.

Heading to the U.C. for the Hawks game tomorrow after some fish tacos at the Twisted Spoke.

Old 04-17-2012, 04:44 AM   #1239
Bruins Fan
Hooper drives the boat.

First Name: John
Trading: (0)
RyJ
Bruins Fan will become famous soon enoughBruins Fan will become famous soon enough

B's win...It's going to be interesting to see if Shanahan dose anything to Backstrom for the cross check to the Face?
The Caps have been doing a lot of stick work on the B's Ovi done the same thing, and Chimera been running wild and nothing is called and that's fine, but if a Bruin does it there gone for a few games.
Poke the bear this series is going to get nasty next game?
Old 04-17-2012, 10:13 AM   #1240
IBQTEE1
Crazy K

First Name: Kristin
Trading: (6)
HUpmann
IBQTEE1 has disabled reputation

Looking forward to the Hawks game tonight. Watched a little of their morning skate online this morning. Have fun at the game tonight Tom. Going to Thursday's game.