Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 08-27-2009, 08:35 AM   #21
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

First Name: Ryan
Trading: (7)
LGC
MedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud of
Default Re: I gotta go get an MRI.

Good luck Scott.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:01 AM   #22
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aich75013 View Post
Glad it went well.
Hope they can find a long term solution.

They still make Jolt cola? Haven't seen that since High School.
Yeah, but no "cola" flavor. All different crazy stuff. I just like the grape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marge796 View Post
Are you going to DRMC???
Yes, I have been.
I'm going to make a brief stopover at UPMC, then I'm gonna go to the Tarlov Cyst Institute in Kansas City.
Everybody has to swipe the card, you know how it works.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:42 AM   #23
Blindjimme
Judgement Impaired

First Name: JB
Trading: (14)
Partagas Navy (Served With Honor)
Blindjimme will become famous soon enough

Hope they find a long term solution for you Scott.
Blindjimme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:54 AM   #24
gnukfu
I like cigars

First Name: George
Trading: (27)
LGC
gnukfu is a jewel in the roughgnukfu is a jewel in the roughgnukfu is a jewel in the roughgnukfu is a jewel in the rough

Hope they can get you fixed up and normal again, well as close to normal as you can be Scottster!!!

gnukfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:59 AM   #25
hotreds
Ephesians 2:8

Trading: (63)
Bolivar
hotreds has disabled reputation

I wish you nothing but the best, brother!
Old 08-27-2009, 01:29 PM   #26
potlimit
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (7)
PL
potlimit is on a distinguished road

In the last 6 years I've had probably 25-30 MRIs... so I always try and find the humor in them (there's always something funny).

In August '03 my doc noticed something unusual in my blood work that led him to believe I had a brain tumor. So, he scheduled me for an MRI the following day, and let me tell you, that first MRI was the worst. Not only that, the suspense that night waiting for the results was horrific. Anyway, the next day I'm sitting in alone in the examining room waiting nervously for my doctor when he strolls in carrying the films.

"Well, let's see what we've got," he says, pulling them out. I feel as though I could puke at any second. He holds one up to the light, squints and says "what the. . . " The room starts spinning and I start making a mental bucket list as I thought for sure he was going to turn to me and tell me I had at most 3 months.

"WHAT, WHAT IS IT???"

He shook out of his gaze, "Huh? Oh, no, no... sorry. It's just that the tech drew an arrow here and they are NOT supposed to do that." I exhaled a huge sigh of relief, chuckling a little, then asked "Well, what did he draw an arrow to?"

"The tumor." Spinning again. "You have a 2 millimeter pituitary tumor." I can't help thinking that the pituitary is in the middle of the head and that that's certainly going to be inoperable.

"So, I mean, how long do I..."

"No no no, it's not like that. You have a very common, BENIGN tumor that probably won't be a problem in your lifetime. We just have to monitor it and regulate your hormones."

24-30 MRIs, 2 rounds of chemo and 2 neurosurgeries later... Oh well, que sera.

However, what I'm trying to say Scott is that even though I can remember with almost crystal clarity how awful I felt at times, I also smile remembering the times I could laugh at. It's cliche as cliche gets, but laughter (and the ability to find the humor in our situations) really is an awesome drug.

I hope everything goes well for you,
Mase
potlimit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 01:32 PM   #27
marge796
It Just Doesn’t Matter!!!

First Name: Chris
Trading: (28)
Cuaba Navy (Served With Honor)
marge796 will become famous soon enough

When will you be in KC? I'm just an hour down the road if you have time we should get together.

Chris.....
Old 08-29-2009, 08:50 AM   #28
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marge796 View Post
When will you be in KC? I'm just an hour down the road if you have time we should get together.

Chris.....
I don't have a clue.
I have to let UPMC swipe my card as many times as it takes, then we'll go from there. If I end up in KC, I sure hope it's soon.
Old 08-29-2009, 08:55 AM   #29
leasingthisspace

Scott if you do have some time free in KC let us know, I would love to be able to shake your hand.
Old 08-29-2009, 08:59 AM   #30
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by leasingthisspace View Post
Scott if you do have some time free in KC let us know, I would love to be able to shake your hand.
I'll be sure to let everyone know, it'll be my pleasure to meet you guys.