Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 06-07-2009, 06:30 PM   #1
BeerAdvocate
BeerHunter

First Name: Travis
Trading: (45)
VR
BeerAdvocate has a spectacular aura aboutBeerAdvocate has a spectacular aura aboutBeerAdvocate has a spectacular aura about
Default Anyone have this wine cooler?

Its a Haier 18 bottle Dual Zone wine cooler. Its $119 in my local Target ad this sunday!

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...ci_sku=8471090
Old 06-07-2009, 08:05 PM   #2
Ashcan Bill
Ol' Dude

First Name: Bill
Trading: (6)
Partagas
Ashcan Bill has disabled reputation
Default Re: Anyone have this wine cooler?

I used to have two Haier units set up, though not that exact model. Haier makes a good product.

My wife has them full of wine now. Go figure.
Ashcan Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 02:12 AM   #3
Azpostal
Feeling at Home

First Name: Don
Trading: (9)
Army (Served With Honor)
Azpostal is on a distinguished road

Yeah I just looked at it in the store but wanting to know also about them.
Azpostal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 07:28 AM   #4
fishstix

an 18 count to me is just too small. If you're OK with it then what the heck - go for it.
Old 06-08-2009, 08:27 AM   #5
BeerAdvocate
BeerHunter

First Name: Travis
Trading: (45)
VR
BeerAdvocate has a spectacular aura aboutBeerAdvocate has a spectacular aura aboutBeerAdvocate has a spectacular aura about

I am now thinking the same. So I will pass. Might as well get as big as I can, the 1st time.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:43 AM   #6
fishstix

The 28 count is a better "bang for the buck" so to speak. I was able to fit 35 boxes with some creative boxtris.
Old 06-08-2009, 01:43 PM   #7
bonjing
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Trading: (39)
bonjing has disabled reputation

I have this model and it's way to small for anything. The lower section fits about 4 or 5 boxes if you use the upper shelves only, leaving the floor for your beads. the 4 or 5 boxes also allows space for circulation. The upper zone only goes as high as 54deg, which i was told was too cold for sticks, while the lower zone goes to 64. I am looking for bigger now . If you really want it and if you have a big lots near you they have them for around $80 something, if i remember right. not worth it in my opinion. save up for bigger and you will be happy.

Don't get me wrong it fits my needs for now, I needed something to keep my sticks cool rights away. my cooler started to get up in the 77 - 80deg when it started to get warm here. but that money could have been spent better down the line for a larger unit.

-eta-

the unit over all, i am happy with it. just make sure you look it over before someone decides to cut the box up and throw it away. my door seal didn't seal up properly near the upper corner, i didn't notice till it was to late. looking at it now it seems that the seal has expanded to it's full size and appears to seal properly. i did have to adjust the door so that it sits level. The fans stay on constantly but i don't seem to notice that they are on. But i also only plug it in when the whether gets warm around here.

Last edited by bonjing; 06-08-2009 at 01:52 PM.
bonjing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 01:55 PM   #8
alley00p
Adopted MassHole

First Name: Charlie
Trading: (41)
Partagas AirForce (Served With Honor)
alley00p has a spectacular aura aboutalley00p has a spectacular aura aboutalley00p has a spectacular aura about

One of our local BOTL's had a couple of Haiers that he modified the thermostat on, so that they would keep up to 80 degree temps if you desired.

I almost bought one from him, but I decided to get my Vino-28 instead. Now I'm patiently waiting for my shelves from ChasDen to be finished!

Old 06-09-2009, 08:32 PM   #9
kgoings
Cigarologist

First Name: Kirk
Trading: (42)
HUpmann Army (Served With Honor)
kgoings is a jewel in the roughkgoings is a jewel in the roughkgoings is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by alley00p View Post
One of our local BOTL's had a couple of Haiers that he modified the thermostat on, so that they would keep up to 80 degree temps if you desired.

I almost bought one from him, but I decided to get my Vino-28 instead. Now I'm patiently waiting for my shelves from ChasDen to be finished!

Why would you want them at 80 degrees? I thought beetle eggs can hatch at just over 70?

I use the Vinotemp 28, best bang for your buck. There is a thread in the advertising section where you can buy them