Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 03-19-2022, 10:48 AM   #1
bruceolee
King of Rants

First Name: Jason
Trading: (1)
Bolivar
bruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the rough
Default Camacho Liberty Series 2020 - Gordo

https://us.davidoffgeneva.com/camach...y-series-2020/

So, I picked this one up in a recent Cigars Daily sampler. It came from their weekly lineup and I got a steal price wise. I know that Davidoff runs camacho and that's about all. I can't remember if i've ever smoked one before so I'm treating this like it's my first time. So without further delay let's start the review!

Wrapper: It comes with a fancy coffin but honestly i never know what to do with these things. I don't like throwing them out. This is aa fairly box pressed Gordo which most of the time they come in an oval shape but not this one. The wrapper is a beautiful milk chocolate, buttery smooth with NO veins and a triple (yay!) cap. Construction is flawless

Pre-light/Draw: The aroma is a very strong barnyard aroma with hints of coffee. The draw is perfect with hints of cedar. The pack is full but soft

sweet tobacco, earthiness, nutmeg, vanilla, toastiness, Finish is medium light and creamy, coffee with cream, hints of leather, almonds, cocoa, caramel, hints of molasses, sweet hay, For a cigar that has tobacco aged 4 years plus now it’s 2 years old it has no mustiness at all, The cigar is mellow but flavorful,

Earthiness, Hints of leather, white pepper, cedar, nutmeg, baking spices, toastiness, Finish is smooth but a little dry, a little graham cracker, Almonds, cocoa, hay, Caramel, sweet corn, Flavors are very well balanced and blended for a mild cigar, Some Spice coming in now,

earthiness, leather, pepper, cedar, baking spices, vanilla, toastiness, coffee, some graham cracker, almonds, molasses, sweet hay, sweet corn has a cereal quality, caramel, The finish is very smooth and still somewhat dry, hints of cocoa, Spice,

Ash/Burn: Ash held tight and was well packed and white, the burn was fairly even throughout

Final Thoughts: The Gordo is maybe my least favorite size cigar but the box press makes it more manageable. I have no complaints about this cigar. The quality was great and the flavors were all well balanced and blended. It is on the milder side but with the amount of age on the tobacco and the rolled cigar i wouldn't expect anything less. If you can afford these or can get a deal on them I highly recommend you try it out for yourself as long as the size doesn't throw you off. Pick yourself up one or 5 and give it a try. You might just end up liking it. I hope you enjoyed my review and have a blessed day! God bless you all!
Old 03-20-2022, 09:24 AM   #2
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Camacho Liberty Series 2020 - Gordo

That's a big one.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote