Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 12-13-2021, 12:42 PM   #1
bruceolee
King of Rants

First Name: Jason
Trading: (1)
Bolivar
bruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the rough
Default My Father Le Bijou 1922 - Toro

http://myfathercigars.com/default.asp#

I picked this up at my local smoke inn in st lucie west FL. I purchased it because of my enjoyment of the La Promosa I smoked and thoroughly enjoyed. I thouth i'd pick it up for a review so here it goes:

Appearance is dark chocolate and construction is flawless and to expect anything else from Pepin Garcia might be an insult. I've heard his bundle Tobacos Baez is also very good and want to try it badly

Punched this one. Draw is that perfect milkshake draw with lots of sweet tobacco and chocolate

chocolate, raisins, dark cherry coffee, sweet tobacco, pepper, cedar, leather, cream, tea, freshly tilled soil, kola nut

chocolate, cherries, raisins, coffee, earthiness, wood, creaminess, caramel, kola nut, maple, charred marshmallow.

coffee, dark chocolate, caramel, cedar, burnt marshmallow, kola nut, very earthy, raisins, cream, pepper, spicy steak dinner

Ash was tight and color was salt and pepper as you can see.

Finish: this was a very earthy cigar with lots of sweet notes mixed in but earthy is the overall impression. this cigar really opened up towards the end as well. all in all a very nice cigar that i will get again for certain. i highly enjoyed this cigar. also this is easily a 2 hour affair so do not smoke this with something else to do. This was meant to enjoy and take your time with. well, i hope you enjoyed my little review. Have a blessed day! God bless you all!
Old 12-13-2021, 03:04 PM   #2
hudd
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (0)
hudd will become famous soon enough
Default Re: My Father Le Bijou 1922 - Toro

I've been smoking these quite a while. However l have never detected raisins chocolate leather weeds oranges or any of the other tasting notes. I just know l like this cigar a lot.
hudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 06:10 PM   #3
Porch Dweller
Life is for living

First Name: James
Trading: (24)
Bolivar AirForce (Retired)
Porch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to behold

Good review. It's been a while since I've had one of these but I always enjoyed them.
Old 12-14-2021, 04:28 AM   #4
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Great Review! I've Always Enjoyed The Entire My Father Line!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 08:31 AM   #5
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Almost zero experience with My Father, I'm gonna have to rectify that.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote