Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 05-18-2022, 04:59 PM   #1
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default Remembering - w/a Famous Nic 3000

This cigar was given to me by Jason (Bruceolee) as part of the last carpet bombing of my sorry @$t#!$K...

Enjoyed it with a couple fingers of Eagle Rare. - they complimented one another well.

I wasn't smoking to review it, just to sit there and enjoy it (them), and consider in memoriam him from whom I had received it.

I do know it lit easily, needed no touch-ups, held a nice grey ash for quite a while. It was sweet, in a light molasses sort of way. Hints of coffee and cocoa seemed to flit in and out.

All in all a great smoke!

Thanks, Jason!
Old 05-18-2022, 05:09 PM   #2
sigsauer
Have My Own Room

First Name: Tom
Trading: (63)
Partagas
sigsauer has a spectacular aura aboutsigsauer has a spectacular aura aboutsigsauer has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Remembering - w/a Famous Nic 3000

Jason was good peeps.....I miss his posts
sigsauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 05:22 PM   #3
Weelok
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Dave
Trading: (21)
RA
Weelok has a spectacular aura aboutWeelok has a spectacular aura about

Definitely a worthy tribute. I think of him everything I smoke a Bellas Artes.
Old 05-19-2022, 07:56 AM   #4
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Thanks for sharing, Todd....I miss Jason.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 08:31 AM   #5
gravel
Still Washing My Back

First Name: Geoff
Trading: (3)
HdM
gravel will become famous soon enough

Funny, I smoked a different inexpensive cigar I received from him and did the same thing (Corona Ranchero). I have a few of these Famous from him and will think of him when I light those up too.
gravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 11:18 AM   #6
Havanaaddict
Man in Black!!!

Trading: (1)
Havanaaddict will become famous soon enoughHavanaaddict will become famous soon enough

I am sure Jason is looking down and is happy you enjoyed it! I also miss his posts!
Old 05-19-2022, 01:53 PM   #7
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future

I have a Partagas Culebra that I got from him. I will smoke it ONLY when I can arrange a herf with at least one other inmate, preferably two (3 cigars in a culebra).

So, who's up to get together up in the north woods?

Peace of the Lord be with you.
Old 05-19-2022, 02:32 PM   #8
cmitch
Heads up get down

First Name: Clayton
Trading: (25)
Montecristo
cmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nice

RIP my brother.
https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries...ry?id=34604606
Old 05-19-2022, 07:47 PM   #9
jledou
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jay
Trading: (27)
Punch
jledou has a spectacular aura aboutjledou has a spectacular aura aboutjledou has a spectacular aura about

a great cigar to commemorate a great man.
jledou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 07:58 AM   #10
MitchellMcgarr
Just in from the Storm

Trading: (0)
MitchellMcgarr is on a distinguished road

Sorry to reboot this thread, but I just saw it and it made me quite emotional. Jason and I were quite close as most of you know. Seeing this thread blessed my heart. Not a day goes by that I don’t think of Jason. My one regret is that I never got to share a cigar with the man. I inherited his cigars after his passing and started to dabble into the cigar world from there. I’m going to smoke a cigar this coming week in his honor, matter of fact. Being on this forum, even if I don’t post often, makes me feel very connected with Jason. I’m always reading threads and enjoying the content. This place is starting to become a refuge and home for me.
MitchellMcgarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 08:11 AM   #11
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchellMcgarr View Post
Sorry to reboot this thread, but I just saw it and it made me quite emotional. Jason and I were quite close as most of you know. Seeing this thread blessed my heart. Not a day goes by that I don’t think of Jason. My one regret is that I never got to share a cigar with the man. I inherited his cigars after his passing and started to dabble into the cigar world from there. I’m going to smoke a cigar this coming week in his honor, matter of fact. Being on this forum, even if I don’t post often, makes me feel very connected with Jason. I’m always reading threads and enjoying the content. This place is starting to become a refuge and home for me.
It's wonderful that you feel connected through the Asylum. I never got to meet Jason in person but surely I knew him well via all the conversations we had with him here. I miss him too.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 08:31 AM   #12
MitchellMcgarr
Just in from the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
It's wonderful that you feel connected through the Asylum. I never got to meet Jason in person but surely I knew him well via all the conversations we had with him here. I miss him too.
Jason was a good man. Truly salt of the earth. To know him was to love him. I’ve been reading his older posts on this forum and I regularly go through and read some of our text message exchanges. I miss him dearly and deeply. It blesses my heart to know how much you all loved and appreciate him. He was truly my big brother. There’s a huge void in my life with him gone.
Old 08-29-2022, 10:25 AM   #13
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Jason Was A Great Guy. Thanks For Sharing, Todd.
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 11:43 AM   #14
Weelok
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Dave
Trading: (21)
RA
Weelok has a spectacular aura aboutWeelok has a spectacular aura about

I miss Bruceolee and his energy. He had tremendous passion for cigars and reviews. I really
enjoyed his reviews and miss sharing thoughts with him.

I never could figure out the “o” in Bruceolee though?
Old 08-29-2022, 01:56 PM   #15
shark
Cigar Smokin' Patriot

First Name: Ron
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
shark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of light

I never met him either but I could tell he was a good guy. May he RIP.
Old 08-30-2022, 08:18 AM   #16
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Todd, I too am glad you found a "home" here and feel connected. I have felt that way here for a long time. The people here are from all different walks of life, different faiths, different parts of the country or even overseas, but they all treat each other with care and respect. The ToE (mods) have done an amazing job keeping things this way since the beginning.

I didn't know Jason the way you did but he is a like brother in faith who's positivity shined brightly here at CA. I miss him and our conversations here. I really regret I wasn't able to meet him and herf with him. I will be back in Florida in November. I hope we can get a Florida herf together sometime.
Old 08-30-2022, 11:04 AM   #17
MitchellMcgarr
Just in from the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357 View Post
Todd, I too am glad you found a "home" here and feel connected. I have felt that way here for a long time. The people here are from all different walks of life, different faiths, different parts of the country or even overseas, but they all treat each other with care and respect. The ToE (mods) have done an amazing job keeping things this way since the beginning.

I didn't know Jason the way you did but he is a like brother in faith who's positivity shined brightly here at CA. I miss him and our conversations here. I really regret I wasn't able to meet him and herf with him. I will be back in Florida in November. I hope we can get a Florida herf together sometime.
Yes, I’m excited for this potential Florida herf in November. Even if I can’t be there for the entire weekend, I would like to go for at least a full day and hang with you brothers and smoke a cigar in Jason’s honor as well as others who have passed away. I know Jason is smiling knowing that I’m on the same forum he loved for many years and smoking cigars that I inherited from him. No greater way to honor the man. I miss him and think about him practically every day.
Old 08-30-2022, 05:21 PM   #18
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchellMcgarr View Post
Yes, I’m excited for this potential Florida herf in November. Even if I can’t be there for the entire weekend, I would like to go for at least a full day and hang with you brothers and smoke a cigar in Jason’s honor as well as others who have passed away. I know Jason is smiling knowing that I’m on the same forum he loved for many years and smoking cigars that I inherited from him. No greater way to honor the man. I miss him and think about him practically every day.
I would love to be there for a herf!