Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Pipe Forum > Discussion

Old 06-11-2022, 12:17 PM   #3601
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of
Default Re: Whats in your bowl?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieray View Post
After a long hiatus I started the day before work with some aged Stonehaven and just had a bowl of Quiet Nights while watching women's college world series softball.
Welcome back Steve!

Last night some Capstan Blue in the James Upshall large bulldog
Some more Captan Blue in a MM
And finished with some McClelland 40th Anniversary in the ‘67 Dunhill Tanshell (birth year Pipe).

Started today with some Presbyterian and i have some Union Square sitting out drying a bit.
AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 08:15 AM   #3602
AdamJoshua

AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of

Starting the day with some McConnell Red Virginia, sucks that the only place that has it online limits you to 2 tins per day.

Thinking after this some Capstan Blue. Clearly i like the straight Virginias.
Old 06-13-2022, 05:27 AM   #3603
AdamJoshua

Have some Capstan Blue loaded up and ready to go and was able to grab a tin of 2017 Margate so i have that sitting out drying a bit to try later in one of the small Comoy bowls.

Then we’ll see where the day takes us!

Last edited by AdamJoshua; 06-13-2022 at 05:34 AM.
Old 06-13-2022, 05:30 AM   #3604
8lug
Smoking with the Chief

First Name: Mark
Trading: (14)
Partagas
8lug is on a distinguished road

C/D Folklore to start the day.
8lug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 10:14 AM   #3605
8lug
Smoking with the Chief

Partagas

Bayou Morning in a bent Dublin.
Old 06-16-2022, 03:19 AM   #3606
AdamJoshua

Yesterday MB Virginia No1 in an MM x2
Orlik Golden Slice
Presbyterian in a small Meer that i restored
Rattray’s Marlin Flake in an MM
Old 06-19-2022, 06:07 PM   #3607
AdamJoshua

Breaking in a new small meer, many bowls of MB Virginia No 1 … that blackboard chalk dust taste makes me sick. I have a large meer skull to break in but i just don’t want to go through that again

Some other pipes today:
Rattray’s Marlin Flake today - love this stuff
McConnells Red Virginia- also love
Orlik Golden Sliced - you guessed it love.
Old 06-20-2022, 08:10 AM   #3608
8lug
Smoking with the Chief

Partagas

Just finished a bowl of '17 Margate (Thanks Adam) I started last night. So smooth....
Old 06-21-2022, 04:13 PM   #3609
physiognomy
Feeling at Home

Trading: (18)
ERdM
physiognomy will become famous soon enough

First time trying this C&D Carolina Red w/ Perique. I opened the tin last year when these came in and it could still dry a good bit. Must have been very wet. Smoking well & definitely solid red Va leaf to my tastes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 7F4B3C34-9FAF-4227-A5F6-7055412B434D.jpg (22.8 KB, 99 views)
physiognomy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 08:16 PM   #3610
AdamJoshua

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8lug View Post
Just finished a bowl of '17 Margate (Thanks Adam) I started last night. So smooth....
Awesome glad you liked it. Someone on the a pipe forum put up 3 tins of Pelican for $50 each and I missed it by 30 seconds .. stuff goes for 450+ on the secondary market .. people are idiots.

Had some Sutliff 507C tonight a couple bowls to try it to see if I want to go with the 5lb brick to cellar, I will try it again in the morning before deciding.

I also got some Old Dark Fired from 2018, about a pound of it in a big lot of tobaccos, turns out i hate the stuff, tastes like a freaking camp fire but i guess that's why people like it. If anyone is interested in trying it let me know.

I also experienced my first 'sour' pipe tonight, really disgusting, ruined the rest of the night's smoking for me, I was smoking some Mac Baren Navy Flake and it didn't taste right then everything was sour and gross, so I broke out the 151 and cotton balls (instead of salt) and have it sitting, i'll swap them out in the morning, i also did a good cleaning on the stem. From now on every estate pipe i buy is getting the alcohol treatment wether i think it needs it or not.
Old 06-22-2022, 08:09 AM   #3611
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future

Some Watch City Rougaroux in a Don Carlos billiard. Tasty stuff!

Ernie at Watch City does a number of nice blends, I know others have their favorites, but I personally like it's crumble cakes... Especially the VA/Pers...Old Dominion and Flake #558 to name the ones I enjoy the most.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
Old 06-22-2022, 09:02 AM   #3612
AdamJoshua

Started the day with Sutliff 507C in a small meer, it’s cheap to buy in bulk but it’s par with MB Virginia No 1 to me so going to hold off on a large bulk buy as i have 5lbs of the No 1 already.

Switching it up to some EMP in a 1930s COMOY’s Make Canadian Club that just got a fresh coat of Paragon wax.

It’s a great pipe for a fast bowl. Didn’t want to pose the image because it’s not resized but click the link to view.

https://i.imgur.com/FmN03kg.jpg
Old 06-24-2022, 07:43 AM   #3613
8lug
Smoking with the Chief

Partagas

Just lit a bowl of EMP. Very nice way to start the day.
Old 06-25-2022, 04:54 AM   #3614
AdamJoshua

Smoked a lot of VAs yesterday, Marlin Flake, some SG Full Virginia Flake, Orlik Golden Sliced, pipe heavy day and it was pretty nice.
Old 06-27-2022, 07:49 AM   #3615
AdamJoshua

Last night some Marlin flake, Orlik golden sliced, more Orlik (haha) and some Capstan Blue flake.

This morning finishing off 1/2 bowl of Marlin Flake, then i might hit some Presbyterian to break all the sweet Virginia blends up.
Old 06-30-2022, 05:24 AM   #3616
8lug
Smoking with the Chief

Partagas

Last night a bowl Presbyterian.

Starting the day off with some Chelsea Morning
Old 07-01-2022, 07:51 PM   #3617
AdamJoshua

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8lug View Post
Last night a bowl Presbyterian.

Starting the day off with some Chelsea Morning
Love the Presbyterian to break up smoking all the Virginias.

I pressed some tobacco using a noodle press, 80% MB Virginia and 20% Sutliff 507-S to add a bit more sweetness and a creamy smoke, only pressed for 24 hours and came out amazing

Here are a bunch of pictures of the press and final product, pretty amazing for only 48 hours

https://imgur.com/a/y1Kc4B8
Old 07-06-2022, 12:25 PM   #3618
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

First Name: Chip
Trading: (17)
Partagas
hammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura about

A tiny bit of some old old old OLLLLD Jim Mates Blend. Probably 40ish years old? Still going strong.
hammondc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 06:47 PM   #3619
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua View Post
Love the Presbyterian to break up smoking all the Virginias.

I pressed some tobacco using a noodle press, 80% MB Virginia and 20% Sutliff 507-S to add a bit more sweetness and a creamy smoke, only pressed for 24 hours and came out amazing

Here are a bunch of pictures of the press and final product, pretty amazing for only 48 hours

https://imgur.com/a/y1Kc4B8
Very cool!
Hockey anyone?
Old 07-06-2022, 07:08 PM   #3620
AdamJoshua

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevSmoke View Post
Very cool!
Hockey anyone?
I know right, i did another one that is a mix of virginia / perique and a bit of sutliff 507S stoved virginia for more sweetness that came out amazing. Also great for storage! LOL