Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Health and Fitness

Old 04-04-2012, 08:06 AM   #2561
kugie
Have My Own Room

First Name: Joe
Trading: (3)
kugie will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Losing Weight with Starscream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonw560 View Post
Joe, seriously consider myfitnesspal.com for keeping track of what you eat, and what you burn when you work out. It's helping us with our goals.
Thanks, I will check it out.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:14 AM   #2562
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

195 this morning. I've eaten everything in sight for two days, I've been starved. It's just cause my Isaac's has been keeping my muscles rock hard all day. I'm like a frozen pizza.
It uses lots of energy and needs lots of carbs, so I've been indulging it. It should ease off now as the barometric pressure is heading upwards for the next week. Yay!!!
Old 04-04-2012, 01:43 PM   #2563
Jasonw560
PhD from Sarcastic State

First Name: Jason
Trading: (0)
Jasonw560 is on a distinguished road

Lost 1.8 today. Down to 268.4.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:19 PM   #2564
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

Good job all....

Agree on myfitnesspal, though I have tailed off on my use of it....for months, it gave me a good indication of calories in and burned, which was eye opening.
E.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 10:33 AM   #2565
forgop
Not a puffer

First Name: Duane
Trading: (40)
Partagas Army (Served With Honor)
forgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the rough

My habits have been pretty poor year to date. I weighed in at 187 on January 1st and have been in an off and on pattern of my dietary intake and it's been difficult getting to the gym between being a full-time student, working 24 hours/week, managing 12-18 hours/week for clinicals, and trying to have some resemblance of family life.

I ballooned up to 204. as of April 9 and I restarted my 17 day diet plan. As of this morning, I was under 196. I'm going to maintain this through April 30 when I take my final, but will allow myself to partake of some major deviations between our final "post-conference" up through graduation day with my classmates.

The end goal will be to hit the 180 mark by my birthday, June 4th.
forgop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 02:38 PM   #2566
Commander Quan
Feeling at Home

First Name: Derrick
Trading: (4)
Bolivar
Commander Quan has a spectacular aura aboutCommander Quan has a spectacular aura about

I am happy to report that weighing myself this morning I am now clinically overweight. I'm down to 207 from 245 January 1st. I had a goal to be 195 lbs. June 11th, which would have been 50 pounds lost by my birthday. At this point that would be a stretch, but I'm just happy to be were I am.
Commander Quan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 03:20 PM   #2567
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

Excellent progress Derrick.
Old 05-12-2012, 06:29 PM   #2568
goalie204
Have My Own Room

First Name: Myles
Trading: (12)
Bolivar
goalie204 will become famous soon enoughgoalie204 will become famous soon enough

sup guys, long time

I'm failing miserably. I love food too much. Wish i didnt!
goalie204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:02 PM   #2569
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

Though my goal was met back the end of March, I have kept my better habits and am down to 191.8 this morning. Losing weight and not trying(granted, not much), which probably means that there is plenty there to still come off. Down 30 lbs since Jan 1st....not too shabby.
E.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:39 AM   #2570
Commander Quan
Feeling at Home

First Name: Derrick
Trading: (4)
Bolivar
Commander Quan has a spectacular aura aboutCommander Quan has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Quan View Post
I am happy to report that weighing myself this morning I am now clinically overweight. I'm down to 207 from 245 January 1st. I had a goal to be 195 lbs. June 11th, which would have been 50 pounds lost by my birthday. At this point that would be a stretch, but I'm just happy to be were I am.
Well it took a little longer than I was hoping but I've been at 195 now for the last couple weeks, so that makes 50 pound lost in 9 months. What's even better than that, is the other non being fat issues that have gone away like my GERD, snoring, and my triglycerides dropped from 285 2 years ago to 95 in march and now down to 60 in August.
Commander Quan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:39 PM   #2571
Malakai
The Anti-Dennis

First Name: John
Trading: (34)
RA
Malakai will become famous soon enoughMalakai will become famous soon enough

First time posting in here...I had decided after a visit to my allergist where I weighed in at my heaviest of 263.5 lbs that I would start an exercise routine. Between August and about a week ago I had lost 20 lbs. But slipped at work and got a groin pull and saw the Doctor yesterday. 2 weeks off to allow groin to heal then back at it according to the Doc. Hopefully I don't get set too far back without being able to continue my full routine.
Malakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:00 AM   #2572
forgop
Not a puffer

First Name: Duane
Trading: (40)
Partagas Army (Served With Honor)
forgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the rough

I finally got back on the wagon after a few months of stress and eating garbage-it jist seems that I binge eat when going through a lot of stuff, so its a habit i need to change in the future.

I ballooned back to 217.6 as of October 3rd and started back on WW. I then implemented the 17 day diet on Nov 1st and as of this morning, was back down to 193.2. I figure 24.4# over 46 days is pretty darned good. Gonna treat myself to BBQ today than back at it Monday. I definitely want to be 185 by year end and think I would like to hit 170-175 again, which I haven't been in 20 years since I got done with my basic training/AIT.
forgop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:04 AM   #2573
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

I got fat again over the last few months, too much inactivity and I didn't adjust my diet.
I'm working on turning that around again and should be back to something within reason before the weather breaks.