Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 08:34 PM   #1
coty

Default Review for cigars under 5 dollar

Working in the only B&M store in my town I noticed people often buying alot of "economy" cigars (against the suggestions of myself and my co-workers). I decided that after so many people coming in and buying these cigars to that it was time for me to do some reviewing homework. It will give me the power to educate people and maybe broaden my horizons,I could possibly enjoy one or two cigars as well.

The review is open to anyone, I simply ask that the cigar being reviewed cost less than 5 dollars retail .

Old 12-19-2011, 08:39 PM   #2
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation
Default Re: Review for cigars under 5 dollar

I'm confused.
I'm not sure what your intent is here.

I'm guessing that you are asking for people to review sub-$5 cigars. Should I move this thread/request to the Issues/Suggestions sub-forum? I would also recommend that there be separate threads for each cigar reviewed.
Old 12-19-2011, 08:42 PM   #3
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

I think he is trying to gather info to recommend $5 MSRP sticks at B&M prices

Couldn't you simply take a list of all the $5 cigars in your B&M and search out reviews here and on youtube?
Old 12-19-2011, 09:07 PM   #4
ApexAZ
Wandering aimlessly

First Name: Brian
Trading: (10)
ApexAZ will become famous soon enoughApexAZ will become famous soon enough

My take is that he is offering to review them himself, at the request of others. Are you trying to help people find decent cigars at lower cost, or to help dissuade them by posting negative reviews? Or both? There is a website dedicated to this type of review over at crapnetwork dot com. We also have a thread somewhere on these forums with a fairly extensive list of < $5 cigars.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:27 PM   #5
coty

Sorry my tablet failed me i have a review ready.

Old 12-19-2011, 09:27 PM   #6
coty

First up was a cigar named "Pipes LTD House Blend." With no band I took it apon myself to find out more, after some research and info from a man I consider a "some what mentor/co-worker"we found out more. The cigar is a Factory Throw-out 59 made by JC Newman out of Tampa FL. It has a Ecquadorian sungrown wrapper, a homogenizated binder and no information on the filler could be verfied.
The looks of this cigar aren't pleasant. The wrapper looks like a paler, veiny, connecticut. The construct however feels solid.
Now for the cut and pre-light draw- Rasin and cardboard...
I break out the fire maker and toast the foot, the first draw reminds me of the cusano 18. It's a start that can go either way. After a couple puffs you get the cream of a connecticut and a little bite of spice, I am running into an odd mixture of cream and spice with a card board under tone. The cigar is notably mello at the moment.
I've hit the 2/3 mark with little change the body is coming on a little stronger making it mild at best, however there is alot more spice and less cream and cardboard going on which is good for me. The draw has loosened up and the smoke is flowing better than at the start ( which wasn 't bad to begin with).
I have reached the half way mark and am noticeing a Pepin style spice, hmmmm not sure where the cream went but I am drawing spice and medium body cigar at best down here at the start of the third leg of this race.

The finale score of this cigar 4. Begin what it is and costing a mear 1.50 i can see why some might buy it. Me personally, I will not be buying anymore, yet they may serve some else quite well.

Im now going to check my mailbox again and hope the cigar fairy came buy with a present or lick the front until the taste is gone.

Old 12-19-2011, 09:31 PM   #7
ApexAZ
Wandering aimlessly

First Name: Brian
Trading: (10)
ApexAZ will become famous soon enoughApexAZ will become famous soon enough

That was fast. Thanks for the review. Maybe take pnoons suggestion and post it as its own thread?
Old 12-19-2011, 09:35 PM   #8
coty

Apex I searched for "cheap cigar reviews" and it brought me to cheap bastard cigar reviews; "less than 5 dollars" brought up a bunch of stuff, however my goal is to simply post the reviews of some cigars for less than five dollars, and hope some others join in as well. If I missed a thread for this I apologize , still new to this.

Old 12-19-2011, 09:43 PM   #9
pnoon
YNWA

RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by coty View Post
Apex I searched for "cheap cigar reviews" and it brought me to cheap bastard cigar reviews; "less than 5 dollars" brought up a bunch of stuff, however my goal is to simply post the reviews of some cigars for less than five dollars, and hope some others join in as well. If I missed a thread for this I apologize , still new to this.
Here at Cigar Asylum, we typically have a separate thread for each cigar - with the cigar in the title. This keeps things somewhat organized and makes it easy to find stuff.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:45 PM   #10
coty

Okay so where should I post it and how do I move it? I assumed that the island was the place for reviews or do i simply need to rename it?

Old 12-19-2011, 09:48 PM   #11
pnoon
YNWA

RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by coty View Post
Okay so where should I post it and how do I move it? I assumed that the island was the place for reviews or do i simply need to rename it?
This is the correct sub-forum for non-Cuban cigar reviews.
You can't move a thread. Only admins can.
You can either re-post you review in it's own thread or I can copy it for you. Let me know.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:52 PM   #12
coty

Okay tracking now, i will repost in a new thread thanks for the help and sorry for issues im using a tablet because my latop is down and it isn' t doing me any favors.

Old 12-19-2011, 10:01 PM   #13
coty

I reposted thanks feel free to delete this after everyone shakes their heads and says "F.N.G."

Old 12-19-2011, 10:03 PM   #14
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation

F.N.G.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:16 PM   #15
pnoon
YNWA