Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 11-08-2011, 05:18 PM   #1
replicant_argent
Gravy Boat Winnah.

First Name: Pete
Location: my attorney has advised against giving this information to insane people
Trading: (22)
LGC
replicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to all
Default A Season of Giving.

As the holidays approach, and I was perusing the Troop auctions I had a few thoughts.
With my business I may not have a few hundred extra to bid on some of the auctions for some of the things I may want with the expenses I already know are coming up. That's the way it is with being self employed. Some of the auctions don't appeal to me, but I am sure they appeal to others. I still wanted to make a difference. Since the auctions really aren't about getting something and rather about giving, I decided to do my part and put a couple small things up.
Cigar/man cave/sports/whatever related, I think we can all find something that we can give up for an auction to benefit the troops.

I did. It feels good. I think it kicked this cranky Scrooge into a better mood for the next couple months.
It might be a little self serving, but I think it may have made me feel better than I might have bidding on one of the small lots.

Try it yourself and see!
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=128
Old 11-08-2011, 07:09 PM   #2
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A Season of Giving.

Thanks for helping out, Pete.
I've been singing this song as loud as I can, that it doesn't make any difference what anyone can give, it's the giving that matters. The items folks donate don't have to cost anything at all.

I hope some folks will donate some more stuff like your lighters. That way everyone will get a chance to play and have a real good chance to win.
I've just about tapped out trying to get the basement loaded up with troop goodies and all the supplies I need to get started. I've been helping my brother get on his feet, and that's taken a huge toll. I don't know if I'll even have room left to bid at this point, much like yourself.
If it works out and I do get to bid, great. If not, that''s cool, too.
I can still get some stuff up there, and that'll make me feel good, just like you said.
Old 11-08-2011, 07:15 PM   #3
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

Excellent post, Pete.

Some may give by donating. Some may not donate but give by bidding. Not everyone can or wants to do both.

So many people over the last 3 years have said many fine things about those that serve. Many have also given kudos and thanks for Cigar Asylum. Many have offered financial contributions in support of the site.

Here is an opportunity to give back and make a difference.
Old 11-09-2011, 06:50 AM   #4
dave
Have My Own Room

First Name: Dave
Trading: (15)
Partagas Navy (Retired)
dave is a jewel in the roughdave is a jewel in the roughdave is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by replicant_argent View Post
As the holidays approach, and I was perusing the Troop auctions I had a few thoughts.
With my business I may not have a few hundred extra to bid on some of the auctions for some of the things I may want with the expenses I already know are coming up. That's the way it is with being self employed. Some of the auctions don't appeal to me, but I am sure they appeal to others. I still wanted to make a difference. Since the auctions really aren't about getting something and rather about giving, I decided to do my part and put a couple small things up.
Cigar/man cave/sports/whatever related, I think we can all find something that we can give up for an auction to benefit the troops.

I did. It feels good. I think it kicked this cranky Scrooge into a better mood for the next couple months.
It might be a little self serving, but I think it may have made me feel better than I might have bidding on one of the small lots.

Try it yourself and see!
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=128
Guess I'm not worthy. Can't see that post. Sounds like a good idea, however.
dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 08:14 AM   #5
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave View Post
Guess I'm not worthy. Can't see that post. Sounds like a good idea, however.
Time and participation here will open new doors.

Posted via Mobile Device
pnoon is offline   Reply With Quote