Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 05-30-2009, 09:09 AM   #121
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future
Default Re: Job Site Sticks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flat6nut View Post
I hope that people do not get the wrong idea about me, although I have lived my life not carring a whole lot what people thought. I am by far Mr money bags. I have been smoking cigars out of zip lock baggies for years. This past Easter my wife bought me a 25 count humi, and stuck some nice sticks into the easter basket as well (2 Ashton ESGs and 2 Perfection #4s, and a 3 count tin of perfections....I have always bought a bunch of Opus when they can be had at good prices...the prices I see on the internet are crazy high.

The way I see it is, if you are going to smoke something it might as well be good. As I continue with this thread you will definitely see some high dollar smokes enjoyed on the job site, but you will also see some good cheap smokes that are my go tos as well. Like the first one in this thread...La Fontana's are by far one of my fave smokes, and I buy them for $4.40 a stick. I only know of one place in Tampa to buy them. Fortunitly here in Tampa we have tons of places to buy cigars, and the prices are not that bad because of it.

I am currently in the process of building (in my mind) a custom humi out of a curio cabinet. I need more space to keep more cigars so I can save money. I can only fit 20 or less sticks in my 25 count humi...so I sure as heck aint going to put dog sticks in there. Its prolly a good thing you didnt see what I have smoked in the last couple months. I will get cheaper as time goes on.

I really do not want people thinking I am a bragging snob...I am just really enjoying getting back to cigars, and wanted to share some of the experience with you guys.

Michael
We understand, Michael. We just enjoy smoking through You, Brother!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 09:15 AM   #122
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Your thread has given me some insight on a few sticks I might have or might not have bought...keep em coming!!!
kelmac07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 09:33 AM   #123
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

How did I miss this therad? I like it.

Keep 'em coming
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 01:22 PM   #124
flat6nut

I have two more to add for todays, but I'll load up the pics later. Gotta take care of some business around the house.
Old 05-30-2009, 01:53 PM   #125
akakirby
Feeling at Home

First Name: Daniel
Trading: (20)
akakirby is on a distinguished road

Quote:

I have two more to add for todays, but I'll load up the pics later. Gotta take care of some business around the house.
looking forward to it!
akakirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 11:41 AM   #126
flat6nut

5-30-09

My choice for Sat morning was an easy one...yet another Tampa Sweetheart #500 Maduro.

Every time I toast one up and take the first draw, I am amazed. How in the heck something so cheap can be such a great smoke. I keep thinking I may have been very lucky with the bundle I bought, because these guys have all been very consistant in quality. They have all looked the same, had the same perfect draw, performed and tasted solid all the way to the nub, same great finish.

Picture with my new Z-plus insert i bought for my old Zippo.

Old 05-31-2009, 11:57 AM   #127
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Every time I toast one up and take the first draw, I am amazed. How in the heck something so cheap can be such a great smoke. I keep thinking I may have been very lucky with the bundle I bought, because these guys have all been very consistant in quality. They have all looked the same, had the same perfect draw, performed and tasted solid all the way to the nub, same great finish.
At a time, I believe it said at Tampa Sweetheart's website that the Sweethearts were rolled with the identical tobacco as the hemingway series. Get yourself the maddies, and you have yourself the vaunted difficult-to-find hemingway maduro at a tiny fraction of the price.
I have smoked dozens of each, and quite frankly, I can tell no appreciable difference between one and the other (tampa sweetheart maduros or hemingway maduros). The Sweethearts just need a bit of time to dry out and get ahold of themselves.
I love the sweethearts. I'm gonna go smoke a 500 right now that's about a year old.
Old 05-31-2009, 11:58 AM   #128
flat6nut

... 5-30-09 cont.

Afternoon smoke, 1926 PAM.

This was actually a misstake. When i left the house I thought it was going to be a great smoke for a Saturday work day smoke. Unfortunately for the PAM, it was not a good idea. You see, the morning cigar was almost perfect, and aalot cheaper. As much as I love the PAM's, I never should have smoked one back to back with my new found $2 wonder. Perhaps it was because the 26's are so much milder than the 64's. ( I am sure the 64 Pam would have stood up alot better flavor wise) I have smoked the camaroon wrapped 26 before, but this was my first time with a maduro 26.

Very smooth cigar indeed. But nowhere near as flavorful or strong as the 64 maduro. I actually think my morning cigar gave me more enjoyment...except i did have alot of fun trying to make big ash with the PAM.

Michael
Old 05-31-2009, 01:07 PM   #129
TripleF
11/11/11 EPIC IV

Trading: (176)
TripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to behold

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang. Nice afternoon smoke bro!
TripleF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 02:24 PM   #130
AriesOpusX
Goodfella

Trading: (0)
AriesOpusX is on a distinguished road

Nice photos brother and a great thread idea. I smoke most of my sticks on the job too, helps stir up a few conversations when other cigar smokers spot the smoke signals from your truck. Hope you keep it up, really enjoy the mini reviews and photos.
AriesOpusX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 02:28 PM   #131
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks...I was hell bent on buying a Pardon 1926 Anniversary but after reading your review, I will go with the 1964 maduro instead. Thanks!!
kelmac07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 02:30 PM   #132
akakirby
Feeling at Home

First Name: Daniel
Trading: (20)
akakirby is on a distinguished road

I think I may try a bundle of those tampa sweethearts #500 if when they have them in stock again. thanks for the review.
akakirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 03:01 PM   #133
RaiderinKS

Yeah, you reminded me that I need to buy a bundle of those TSM's too.
Old 05-31-2009, 03:06 PM   #134
flat6nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
Thanks...I was hell bent on buying a Pardon 1926 Anniversary but after reading your review, I will go with the 1964 maduro instead. Thanks!!

Dont get me wrong...the 26 is a great cigar. I personally prefer the 64 because it is a stronger cigar and very smooth. I have an 80th 26 that I paid too much for...I have a feeling it will come up short. I really do not think that the 3000 and 7000 fall to short of the annies.

Everyone has different tastes, a great cigar for me could be the next guys worst.
Old 05-31-2009, 03:36 PM   #135
jonharky
Feeling at Home

First Name: Jon
Trading: (1)
Bolivar
jonharky will become famous soon enough

I sit in a office all day and have 15 min breaks so no way for a workday smoke unfortunately

"I don't want to have it all, I just want to have enough!!
jonharky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 05:43 PM   #136
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
Interesting. I usually prefer Maddies, but I like the Nat Padron 1926 better!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 05:52 PM   #137
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

I burned that TS 500 Maduro today. It was excellent.
Thanks for reminding me, brother.
Old 05-31-2009, 07:35 PM   #138
RaiderinKS

I smoked a TS 50 that someone gifted me over a year ago and loved it. Bundle city here I come.
Old 05-31-2009, 08:12 PM   #139
DPD6030
Shepard of the sheeple

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (151)
Partagas
DPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleF View Post
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat thread. Great idea! Great pics. Love to see the smokes and the progression of the job.

If I could hit your REPUTATION I would right now but I've given out too much in the last 24 hours.

Can't wait til we herf!
Don't you worry sir. I took care of it for you!
DPD6030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 09:54 PM   #140
acarr
Have My Own Room

Trading: (34)
acarr will become famous soon enough

I will have to get my hands on some of the TS's also and thanks for all the great pictures.
acarr is offline   Reply With Quote