Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 01-08-2009, 02:32 PM   #1
Stig
Dead Pool Junkie

First Name: Matt
Trading: (2)
Bolivar
Stig will become famous soon enough
Default Jeep Problems

Ok, I know that there are many of you out there that are either Jeep enthusiats, off road entusiasts or both so I have a question that I am hoping someone might be able to answer or at the very least help explain.

Last year I snapped the screw end of a bushing off in the trac bar. I replaced the trac bar and bushing because I was not able to get the remainder of the screw out. The replacement bar and buching that went in were the same ones that came out and are the heaviest duty trac bar and bushing that this particular manufacturer makes.

Yesterday, the bushing screw snapped off in the trac bar again! For the most part, even though I have a lift and over sized tires I am doing road driving but also drive through some pretty heavy snow durring the winter. I haven't realy done any off roading except for some small mud holes so the abuse on my front end has been minimal. Can anyone think of any reason why this would happen twice within 14 months? My mechanic suggested going to beefier parts but I don't think that it will be possible without getting something custom made. Is there something else that I should be looking for that might be causing this to happen? Would posting pictures of the front end help?

Old 01-08-2009, 02:35 PM   #2
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation
Default Re: Jeep Problems

I can't help you with your Jeep but I have been meaning to talk to you about your sig line.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:56 PM   #3
Tombstone

Check to see if your tires are balanced. I put a heavy duty trac bar on my jeep because the oversized tires started to wobble. The first time they wobbled they broke my original trac bar.
Old 01-08-2009, 03:27 PM   #4
SilverFox

I am with tombstone on this one wheel balance and alignment can put a ton of extra stress other than that I am stumped.