Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 03-30-2009, 04:42 PM   #1
php007
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Paul
Trading: (35)
php007 will become famous soon enough
Default AVO LE09 named the Companero

Smoked my first LE 09 Friday after a large dinner and a couple of drinks. The prelight draws was slightly spicy and a little grassy. Toasted the foot completly and took a few puffs, which smacked me a lot of spice. The first two inches of the cigar continued being spicy and started mellowing out in to the third inch. The strength starts to show in to the as the spice begins to mellow. The last third of the cigar seems to be smooth and creamy but with a full body strength.

I am not much of a writer or reviewer so I hopes this helps if yuo want to try this cigar. I really enjoyed this cigar and recomend it to smokers who like full bodied cigars. MSRP is $16.00 + local tobacco tax.
php007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 05:02 PM   #2
chenvt
Duck the Futch!!!

Trading: (23)
chenvt will become famous soon enough
Default Re: AVO LE09 named the Companero

Thanks for the review. I've heard good things about these and hightened expectations to the AVO LE08 Tesoros.. I think Avo is taking a gamble with the higher priced, smaller packaged boxes of 10 this year. hopefully it pans out, I bought a box from a GB
chenvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 05:19 PM   #3
BillyCigars

Thanks for the review!
Old 04-03-2009, 11:18 PM   #4
RichardW
Committed

Trading: (10)
Partagas
RichardW is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the review I smoked an Avo LE 07 earlier this week while waiting for Bill to show up at Smokey Joe's

Great cigar -- sorry no review notes. Thanks -- of course -- to PapaJohn !!
Old 04-04-2009, 09:24 PM   #5
ucla695
Neither here, nor there

Trading: (5)
Montecristo
ucla695 has disabled reputation

The last Avo LE I had was the 05. I've wanted to try the more recent releases, but I'm afraid they have a lot to live up to.
ucla695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:54 AM   #6
papajohn67
Reprobate From The 101st

Trading: (62)
papajohn67 is just really nicepapajohn67 is just really nicepapajohn67 is just really nicepapajohn67 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by volfan View Post
I have smoked quite a few AVO LEs over the years. I have thoroughly enjoyed some of them (LE05, 77, 22) and been let down by some (80th). This one has been the biggest let down. I smoked one this morning. There was NO resistance to the draw. It was like a 54RG straw. There was some spice on the lips/nicotine tingle and that was it. There was some tobacco flavor but nothing else. After 1/2 way I pitched it. I have a couple more that I will try in a few months but this one was a let down for me.

Smoked one so far but it did not send me. Have passed on four to other BOTL to sample. The remaining five are going into the vault for quite a while and taking a long sleep.
papajohn67 is offline   Reply With Quote