Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 11-18-2010, 07:43 AM   #1
forgop
Not a puffer

First Name: Duane
Trading: (40)
Partagas Army (Served With Honor)
forgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the rough
Default skoreit.com

Anyone use it and have success? Interesting concept, but I'll bet people at the end of the day can spend a great deal of money racking up bidding fees without a thing to show for it. Probably not a good tool for those with gambling issues.

They advertise getting stuff dirt cheap...I'm watching a 16GB iPad...bidding is at $28. Your best price for buying these bids straight up is $0.60/bid. In this scenario, this $500 iPad makes skoreit.com at least $1700 on this. Not a bad gig I reckon.

Last edited by forgop; 11-18-2010 at 07:54 AM.
forgop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 08:00 AM   #2
hotreds
Ephesians 2:8

Trading: (63)
Bolivar
hotreds has disabled reputation
Default Re: skoreit.com

Yes, I was interested in these penny auction sites as well. These guys make oodles of money, and the winner can get a good deal, but the multiple losers do just that: lose! Basically I look at it as gambling. You might win but mostly you lose! Better off spending more and at least getting what you want! My
Old 11-18-2010, 08:01 AM   #3
forgop
Not a puffer

forgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotreds View Post
Yes, I was interested in these penny auction sites as well. These guys make oodales of money, and the winner can get a good deal, but the multiple losers do just that: lose! Basically I look at it as gambling. You might win but mostly you lose! Better off spending more and at least getting what you want! My
I figure a way around it is to just use all the various promo codes available for free bids and creating multiple accounts.
Old 11-18-2010, 08:01 AM   #4
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

I used the free code you get from the Mike & Mike show on ESPN. Once the free bids ran out, I stopped using it.
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 08:05 AM   #5
forgop
Not a puffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by elderboy02 View Post
I used the free code you get from the Mike & Mike show on ESPN. Once the free bids ran out, I stopped using it.
Yeah, you can use espn or rome...lots of others out there I'm sure. I'll bet this iPad I'm watching brings in over $2,000 before the frenzy is over.