Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 02-08-2010, 03:50 AM   #1
sjnovakovich
Stinky Old Stogie

Trading: (2)
sjnovakovich is on a distinguished road
Default CigarFest

Well, I hope CI runs a better HERF than they run a website. It seems they never tested their website.
From 5 to 50 the button to purchase tickets did not add anything to the shopping cart. They apparantly discovered this and pulled it down for a quick fix. They put a new page back up, but that was buggy and they pulled it down completely. They didn't even put a "dummy" page up there.
You would think they would have debugged this thing last week, before they had to put it up live.

Oh well....
sjnovakovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 04:06 AM   #2
ChasDen

Default Re: CigarFest

the auction page for the cigar nut tickets will not even load

Been up for an hour just to do this.

Way to go CI

Chas

Just tried to call the toll free number to find out WTF and it will not go through - Unreal

Last edited by ChasDen; 02-08-2010 at 04:15 AM. Reason: add last part
Old 02-08-2010, 04:45 AM   #3
ChasDen

Well after a half hour it finally loaded and I was #6 to place a bid.

Last year they only sold 750 of the cigar nut tickets, this year its 1000

Come on guys, why not just raise the ticket prices and stop playing the games. The whole reason to pay the extra money is to get in early and beat the big crowd. Now 1/3 of the tickets are the cigar nut tickets. So much for beating the big crowd!

Chas
Old 02-08-2010, 05:43 AM   #4
ScottieM
AKA Thurm15

First Name: Scott
Trading: (1)
Partagas AirForce (Served With Honor)
ScottieM is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChasDen View Post
Well after a half hour it finally loaded and I was #6 to place a bid.

Last year they only sold 750 of the cigar nut tickets, this year its 1000

Come on guys, why not just raise the ticket prices and stop playing the games. The whole reason to pay the extra money is to get in early and beat the big crowd. Now 1/3 of the tickets are the cigar nut tickets. So much for beating the big crowd!

Chas
Don't forget that you get a Continental Breakfast with that Nut Ticket!

I was lucky enough to phone in my order for 2 VIH Tickets. Seems like there are a 1000 of each Ticket this yr.
ScottieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 05:48 AM   #5
sjnovakovich
Stinky Old Stogie

Their whole operation is p*ss poor. The website still wasn't working at 6:00 AM, and now they're sold out. Now they figure they'll jack everybody with the bids. Guess what! I'll go to my source and get my hard to find premium cigars, have a few botls over the house and crack open the Irish Whiskey. I'll throw some prime-aged (21 days) porterhouses on the grill and let everyone else fight the crowd for... Oh Wow! 20 premium cigars and forty dog rockets.
Old 02-08-2010, 10:08 AM   #6
silentjon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottieM View Post
Don't forget that you get a Continental Breakfast with that Nut Ticket!

I was lucky enough to phone in my order for 2 VIH Tickets. Seems like there are a 1000 of each Ticket this yr.
It was very frustrating. I was able to get through after 75 minutes and that was with the wife using her cell phone and the land line and me with my cell phone and trying online (what a disaster that was). Plus 500 more people at the event this year.
Old 02-08-2010, 10:16 AM   #7
Walt

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentjon View Post
It was very frustrating. I was able to get through after 75 minutes and that was with the wife using her cell phone and the land line and me with my cell phone and trying online (what a disaster that was). Plus 500 more people at the event this year.
I'm dreading the additional 500 tickets. Last year we were packed in pretty tight, this year it is going to be even worse. With any luck we will get decent weather and something will be held outside to draw some of the crowd away from the building.
Old 02-08-2010, 10:18 AM   #8
silentjon

Wow. Cigar Nut Tickets already @ $120.00.
Old 02-08-2010, 10:30 AM   #9
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

There's another bunch of reasons CI is dead to me.
Old 02-08-2010, 10:32 AM   #10
silentjon

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
There's another bunch of reasons CI is dead to me.
They certainly didn't win any new fans today with the whole ticket process.
Old 02-08-2010, 10:44 AM   #11
ScottieM
AKA Thurm15

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentjon View Post
They certainly didn't win any new fans today with the whole ticket process.
I think they did a pretty good job considering that the website fell apart. The Auction is a pretty good idea but I wish they would make it maybe 500 cigar nut tickets instead of a 1000.

I know one thing. They better have more than one Buffet line going at lunch time this yr especially with the extra 500 tickets.
Old 02-08-2010, 11:41 AM   #12
sjnovakovich
Stinky Old Stogie

Quote:
I think they did a pretty good job considering that the website fell apart.
...Considering the website fell apart??? Are you kidding me? I've done a number of websites and it didn't fall apart... it just plain wasn't programmed right. Anytime you click "ADD TO CART" and your shopping cart comes up empty, that's a green horn coding mistake, and that's what was happening this morning.
The WEBSITE seemed to be the only way to get tickets before 8 AM. When you run a business and put up a website to sell product, especially when there is a limited quantity available, you had better be D**N shure your website doesn't fall apart. I'll bet they lost a HUGE customer base with this morning's glowing display of ineptitude.
Old 02-08-2010, 12:15 PM   #13
csbrewfisher
Welcome to my nightmare

First Name: Jerry
Trading: (10)
LGC Navy (Served With Honor)
csbrewfisher will become famous soon enough

I don't know...I think they did better than the Colorado Rockies did when they sold World Series tix a few years ago.
csbrewfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 12:36 PM   #14
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

First Name: Keith
Trading: (46)
Partagas
BigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjnovakovich View Post
Well, I hope CI runs a better HERF than they run a website. It seems they never tested their website.
From 5 to 50 the button to purchase tickets did not add anything to the shopping cart. They apparantly discovered this and pulled it down for a quick fix. They put a new page back up, but that was buggy and they pulled it down completely. They didn't even put a "dummy" page up there.
You would think they would have debugged this thing last week, before they had to put it up live.

Oh well....
I had both my brothers getting tix....when I spoke with them this a.m., both said no tix in cart, etc.etc.....I figured they were full of bull and didn't get up early enough or otherwise f'd up....now I owe apologies....shame b/c 8 of us went last year and had a blast...no tix this year!
Old 02-08-2010, 01:14 PM   #15
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

First Name: Keith
Trading: (46)
Partagas
BigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to behold

....and it looks like all those that got up early for the 5 a.m. sale start....and got fed up after an hour.....got stiffed
Old 02-08-2010, 01:20 PM   #16
KenyanSandBoa
The Nightman Cometh...

First Name: Jim
Trading: (74)
Trinidad
KenyanSandBoa is a jewel in the roughKenyanSandBoa is a jewel in the roughKenyanSandBoa is a jewel in the rough

Same thing happened here. A fellow CA inmate was trying to get tickets for us this morning and he was getting the "empty cart" syndrome as well. We're on the auction list, but that buy in price seems to be shooting up pretty fast...last I checked it was at $140.
Old 02-08-2010, 01:21 PM   #17
ScottieM
AKA Thurm15

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjnovakovich View Post
...Considering the website fell apart??? Are you kidding me? I've done a number of websites and it didn't fall apart... it just plain wasn't programmed right. Anytime you click "ADD TO CART" and your shopping cart comes up empty, that's a green horn coding mistake, and that's what was happening this morning.
The WEBSITE seemed to be the only way to get tickets before 8 AM. When you run a business and put up a website to sell product, especially when there is a limited quantity available, you had better be D**N shure your website doesn't fall apart. I'll bet they lost a HUGE customer base with this morning's glowing display of ineptitude.
Hey, You sure as heck know more than I do about Putting together a website but do you really think that they intended screw up on such a massive scale? I'm sure the IT guys put that mess together are in DEEP SH** .

You say that the WEBSITE was the only way to get tickets before 8 am. I got my Tickets by calling them around 6. It was tough but after an hr of hitting redial I got through. By the time the site was fixed only a handful of General Admission's were left and that was around 615 AM I believe.
Old 02-08-2010, 01:23 PM   #18
ScottieM
AKA Thurm15

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenyanSandBoa View Post
Same thing happened here. A fellow CA inmate was trying to get tickets for us this morning and he was getting the "empty cart" syndrome as well. We're on the auction list, but that buy in price seems to be shooting up pretty fast...last I checked it was at $140.
I'm gonna guess that the low winning bid is gonna be around $170 so if your serious about going I'd start there.
Old 02-08-2010, 01:25 PM   #19
KenyanSandBoa
The Nightman Cometh...

First Name: Jim
Trading: (74)
Trinidad
KenyanSandBoa is a jewel in the roughKenyanSandBoa is a jewel in the roughKenyanSandBoa is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I'm gonna guess that the low winning bid is gonna be around $170 so if your serious about going I'd start there.
Yeah, I noticed there was a huge spike in the $170 range...good to know. Thanks.
Old 02-08-2010, 03:55 PM   #20
sjnovakovich
Stinky Old Stogie

Quote:
Hey, You sure as heck know more than I do about Putting together a website but do you really think that they intended screw up on such a massive scale? I'm sure the IT guys put that mess together are in DEEP SH** .

You say that the WEBSITE was the only way to get tickets before 8 am. I got my Tickets by calling them around 6. It was tough but after an hr of hitting redial I got through. By the time the site was fixed only a handful of General Admission's were left and that was around 615 AM I believe.
I didn't call because their hours are listed as starting at 8:00. And anyhow, for me, an hour of hitting redial just isn't worth it. This is a herf with 20 decent cigars, they aren't selling limited edition rare coins, for crying out loud. I didn't say they did it on purpose, but they sure f....d up by not debugging the website well ahead of time. At least with me, its not like they lost a regular customer or anything because I never cared for their catalog to begin with, but I'll bet they really ticked off a bunch of their regulars.