Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 12-22-2015, 04:45 PM   #21
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation
Default Re: Lowland Louie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Maduro View Post
I have a case of the stick matches somewhere... The little Havana cutter also.
How many of the cutters do you have, Patrick?
Old 12-22-2015, 05:15 PM   #22
Mr.Maduro
In Domino Confido

First Name: Patrick
Trading: (83)
HUpmann
Mr.Maduro has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnoon View Post
How many of the cutters do you have, Patrick?
I have to look. Maybe only one of with the club Stogie logo and a few that came with these cases....

Old 12-22-2015, 10:18 PM   #23
SmokeyJoe
Chief Wannastogie Lounge

First Name: Joe
Trading: (28)
VR
SmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud of

What I could find...

Old 12-23-2015, 06:16 AM   #24
jjirons69
Haberdasher

First Name: Jamie
Trading: (94)
LGC
jjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaga View Post

Matches, for a troop support run if I remember correctly,
A lapel pin and
A golf divot tool and ball mark.
Got the same stuff in my "drawer". I never had a lapel to wear my pin on. I use the ball marker on occasion. I know I have more stuff, let me search around.
Old 12-23-2015, 07:59 AM   #25
galaga
Just call me Slappy.

Trading: (3)
galaga has a spectacular aura aboutgalaga has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjirons69 View Post
Got the same stuff in my "drawer". I never had a lapel to wear my pin on. I use the ball marker on occasion. I know I have more stuff, let me search around.
Yup. It just doesn't fit on a t-shirt..
Old 12-28-2015, 05:14 PM   #26
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

First Name: Frank
LGC
spectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to all

There's a trip down memory lane... A couple stickers and a handful of matchbooks.

I wasn't on CS for long before moving to CA. I remember joining because I did a google search on cremosas and found some thread reviewing dog rockets. 1/2 hour later, tears streaking my face from laughing so hard, I joined up
Old 12-28-2015, 07:08 PM   #27
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrrr View Post
There's a trip down memory lane... A couple stickers and a handful of matchbooks.

I wasn't on CS for long before moving to CA. I remember joining because I did a google search on cremosas and found some thread reviewing dog rockets. 1/2 hour later, tears streaking my face from laughing so hard, I joined up
I took 2nd prize in that contest, I think I pasted my review here somewhere, Francis.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 07:17 AM   #28
jjirons69
Haberdasher

First Name: Jamie
Trading: (94)
LGC
jjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to behold

Uuuummm...cremosas.
Old 12-29-2015, 08:59 AM   #29
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrrr View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
I took 2nd prize in that contest, I think I pasted my review here somewhere, Francis.
Found my review, from 2006:

Quote:
Tamboril

I decide to smoke the Tamboril in the parking garage near where I work. Pulling the cigar from its cellophane jail, I swear I have seen this cigar before. Finally, it comes to me…it is just the same as the Cuban Cohibas I bought from the guy walking the beach in Cancun last summer. A squeeze reveals a spongy construction, much like a contraceptive sponge prior to insertion.

Pre-light draw

The pre-light draw is a taste to remember…its what I imagine sucking powdered goat feces through a straw made of petrified moose $hit might taste like. I contemplate quitting the contest and sending Dave back his extra smokes, but decide that if I can have a root canal with no anesthesia, I can smoke this cigar.

The smoke

As I toast the end, the smell of the Killing Fields of Cambodia is what I perceive. All the pain and torture endured there seems only slightly worse than the experience I am beginning. The first draw fills my mouth with smoke that would be better suited for a fire at a tire factory, but I press on, knowing that I must help Dave find some answers to his dilemma. My head begins to pound like a headboard in a Ginger Lynn movie, but I puff again, trying to keep the smoke in and the bile down. The cigar is burning sideways and fast, and finally I can take no more. I see a homeless man walking by in his filthy clothes, and I ask him to spit in my mouth to take away the taste of the Tamboril. He obliges and the stale taste of Mad Dog 20/20 and Virginia Slims is a welcome change. I offer him the remainder of the cigar as a reward for his kind gesture, and he slugs me square in the mouth. The mixture of my own blood and the Mogan David remain with me on my journey home for the second part of my adventure.

Cremosa

I take the Cremosa out of its wrapper, and am immediately overwhelmed by the scent of Miss Locascio’s house. Miss L was the woman on our block with 72 cats, 3 ferrets and a nasty flatulence problem. The cigar feels harder than the mattress at the Motel 6 and has the same color as the middle of horrorview’s prescription thong.

Pre-light draw

The pre-light draw feels looser than an Irish hooker on St Patrick’s Day. I long for the taste of spit and blood again as I taste the rancid pork washed down with spoiled milk flavor that the Cremosa offers.I shudder as I reach into my pocket for my lighter. As I contemplate my next move, Chevy Chase appears on my shoulder…”See the cigar, hog….be the cigar”….I flick my bic.

The smoke

The smell of the cigar is a familiar one….the smoke smells like the water that leaks out of a dumpster behind a Mexican restaurant on a 95 degree day. My head swims with irrational thoughts….”should I slit my wrists?”….”should I eat a bullet?”…..”should I watch 'American Idol'?”. Finally, sanity creeps back in, and I rush to the sink. No time for the Drew Estates Dave included as a palate cleanser, I reach for the Liquid Plumber and greedily chug from the bottle. The second degree burns scorching my tongue bring welcome relief from the taste of the Craposa. In the ambulance, the paramedic asks ”what is that rancid pork and spoiled milk smell on your breath”, even as he stabilizes my vital signs. I will live, he tells me, and by the way, he found my cigar and saved it for me. I wonder if they will have any sharp items in my hospital room?

So the loser… or the winner…of the worst of the worst…Cremosa. Thanks a lot Dave…I will send you the hospital bills.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 12-29-2015, 09:19 AM   #30
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC
spectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to all

Old 12-29-2015, 09:21 AM   #31
markem
Bunion

First Name: Mark
Trading: (47)
HUpmann
markem has disabled reputation

I so remember that when it was posted. I seem to recall that a certain banter thread had some great commentary as well.
Old 12-29-2015, 09:28 AM   #32
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

Truly a classic, Tom.
Old 12-29-2015, 01:05 PM   #33
Skywalker
BABOTL

First Name: Dice
Trading: (18)
Partagas
Skywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud of

(I still have a pin, a hat, and a few stickers... Don't ask. They aren't for sale.)

Smoke what you like!!!
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 03:44 AM   #34
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

I have that glass too, and a cap I think.
Old 01-07-2016, 02:59 PM   #35
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Old 01-07-2016, 03:07 PM   #36
WhiteMamba
I'm scared of Neil.

First Name: Michael
Trading: (28)
RyJ
WhiteMamba has a spectacular aura aboutWhiteMamba has a spectacular aura aboutWhiteMamba has a spectacular aura about

Why don't we have more CA swag like this?
Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor. Romans 12:10
WhiteMamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 04:21 PM   #37
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMamba View Post
Why don't we have more CA swag like this?
I have a CA mug and stickers. They don't make the Havana cutters anymore. mmblz has a link where you can get apparel, hats, mugs (I got mine there) etc in his signature.

Old 01-07-2016, 05:28 PM   #38
massphatness
Where's my buffaloooo ...

First Name: Vin
Trading: (206)
ERdM
massphatness has disabled reputation

I still have an ass ton of matches, stickers, some glasses, golf swag, a polo shirt, cutter and ball cap. I put a bunch of stuff in the troop support auction a couple cycles ago, or I'd have more. I've been too lazy to dig it out and photograph, but thankfully not everyone from the old place is so inclined.

I miss Lowland Louie. That was my first cigar board, and I have a lot of very fond memories from there. Those were the days of Gurkha Regents, CAO Extremes, DPG Blues and 601 Oscuros. I didn't know what I didn't know back then, but boy was it fun to learn.
Old 01-07-2016, 05:52 PM   #39
floydp
Team of 11

Trading: (0)
Partagas MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
floydp will become famous soon enough

The memories. Some of the best folks I've ever known,met at CS. Great deal of them reside here now. Thank goodness.
Old 01-07-2016, 06:18 PM   #40
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Found my review, from 2006:
Those reviews are infamous Tom. People have been ripping them off and changing the cigar names for some time now, I've seen at least 2-3 edited versions of them over the last few years.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote