Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 03-06-2015, 01:51 PM   #1
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of
Default Orange Is The New Blackballed

March Madness both starts and ends early in Syracuse.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/jim-boe...173156929.html
Old 03-06-2015, 03:15 PM   #2
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of
Default Re: Orange Is The New Blackballed

Some wildness to the madness.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-bask...al-jim-boeheim
Old 03-06-2015, 03:39 PM   #3
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

First Name: Chutney
Trading: (66)
RG
NCRadioMan has disabled reputation

Boeheim is a heinous individual. He is one big pile of sh*t as a person. Decent coach though who deserves all he is reaping.
Old 03-06-2015, 03:48 PM   #4
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

I never liked his whining, but I thought he was reasonably straight. Shows what I know.
Old 03-06-2015, 04:17 PM   #5
WhiteMamba
I'm scared of Neil.

First Name: Michael
Trading: (28)
RyJ
WhiteMamba has a spectacular aura aboutWhiteMamba has a spectacular aura aboutWhiteMamba has a spectacular aura about

I see what you did there
Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor. Romans 12:10
WhiteMamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 04:23 PM   #6
WhiteMamba
I'm scared of Neil.

First Name: Michael
Trading: (28)
RyJ
WhiteMamba has a spectacular aura aboutWhiteMamba has a spectacular aura aboutWhiteMamba has a spectacular aura about

I see what you did there
Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor. Romans 12:10
WhiteMamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 09:42 AM   #7
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

Shortly Syracuse will tip off against N.C. State in its last game of the season, and the year. Some speculate that this will be Boeheim's last game as coach, as either he or the school may decide a parting of the ways may be the best option for the program to put this all behind them and move on. I have my doubts, given his demonstrated pride, and perhaps his desire to not be seen as a rat abandoning a sinking ship. Plus, despite these revelations, and the embarrassment the fans must feel, it is certain those Orange fans feel a great deal of loyalty and devotion to their long-time leader.

Whatever happens, it surely adds a lot of interest to this otherwise so-so matchup, and I'd expect a few more people than usual will be tuning into CBS at noon to view the drama, if not the game itself.
Old 03-07-2015, 10:33 AM   #8
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Thomas, do you remember when basketball wasn't a soap opera?
Old 03-07-2015, 10:58 AM   #9
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
Thomas, do you remember when basketball wasn't a soap opera?
I remember Frank McGuire at my alma mater, then at the hated Gamecocks. I remember Lefty at Davidson. i remember Vic Bubas in Durham, and Norm Sloan and Jimmy V in Raleigh. I remember Rupp in Lexington, Press and Dale Brown in Baton Rouge, Terry Holland in Charlottesville, Dana Kirk in Memphis, and The Shark in Vegas.

So no.
Old 03-07-2015, 11:10 AM   #10
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

You do know why they call them "cagers", don't you Scott? That's because they used to put a chicken-wire fence around the sidelines, to keep the fights in the stands from mixing with the fights on the court.
Old 03-07-2015, 01:15 PM   #11
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

Wolfpack crushes Orange, and Boeheim skips out of post-game interview. Guess he didn't want to comment "no comment" for 20 minutes.
Old 03-07-2015, 05:34 PM   #12
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

RG

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poet View Post
Wolfpack crushes Orange, and Boeheim skips out of post-game interview. Guess he didn't want to comment "no comment" for 20 minutes.
Add "coward" to my list of adjectives for him.
Old 03-07-2015, 06:08 PM   #13
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan View Post
Add "coward" to my list of adjectives for him.
At the least, it's not a stand-up way to handle things. And it's not the first time he's done the same. Remember that late blow-up and technical foul at Duke last season?

Jimbo claimed he wanted to keep the focus on his players, not himself, so he sent out his assistant to talk to the press. If that's the case, perhaps he should let that assistant slide down one spot on the bench.
Old 03-08-2015, 10:34 AM   #14
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

RG

Old 03-18-2015, 10:03 AM   #15
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

The second shoe has dropped, sort of. Syracuse has announced that Boeheim will retire in 3 years, following the 2017-18 season. This will give him a chance to show if he can coach under the recruitment restrictions he is facing, and to recover many of the wins he lost to vacation by the NCAA.

Oh, and to indicate that the administration takes the kerfuffle seriously, they fired the AD.
Old 03-19-2015, 01:35 PM   #16
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

Oranges may help with scurvy, but apparently does not help with dementia.

http://nypost.com/2015/03/19/jim-boe...acuse-presser/

A 17-page paper with 32 quotes? Sounds more like plagiarism than composition to me.