Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 01-30-2009, 08:51 AM   #21
PSUBALL10
Just in from the Storm

Trading: (0)
PSUBALL10 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Question about re-hydrating beads

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinDuck View Post
Being in ND and the weather what it is right now, I have to add water to the beads every 2-3 days and that's after taping up the seal. I bought extra tubes and have them in a tuperware absorbing distilled water so I just rotate tubes when I need to.

Taping things up helps a lot. I can get this humi to hold at 65% now, before taping I couldn't get 50%. I had it open for a bit so that's why you see it at 60%

Blue painters tape was all I had so it don't look real pretty but it seals much better now.

Did you do the flashlight test? Drop a flashlight in there with it empty, then in a dark room, see if you can see any light leaking out. If you do, just add some tape and check again. I actually opened it a bit and looked down the edge to see where the light started to leak out. On the left side of this humi I have 4 layers of tape and only 2 on the right.

And yes, that is a Boveda pack in there. It is almost dead but I have the beads attached to the lid also.

Once you get it nailed down then you can go back to sleeping through the night without having to worry about your sticks.
Thanks for the info, i will give this a shot.
PSUBALL10 is offline   Reply With Quote