Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 02-12-2009, 07:44 AM   #1
Volt
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (19)
ERdM Navy (Retired)
Volt has disabled reputation
Default Need humi/woodworking help

So, the RH wasn't holding as well in my larger Savoy humi. After inspection I noticed the ceder wall pulling away from the outer box casing. It is the front lip towards you as the lid would come down in the closed position.

I was thinking a hyperdermic needle filled with the Elmer's wood glue to get into the tiny gap. Use a wood clamp to hold it. Good idea or bad. Also, I need storage for a few 100 cigars while this repair is going on, any volunteers to baby sit?
Old 02-12-2009, 07:49 AM   #2
kgoings
Cigarologist

First Name: Kirk
Trading: (42)
HUpmann Army (Served With Honor)
kgoings is a jewel in the roughkgoings is a jewel in the roughkgoings is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Need humi/woodworking help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt View Post
So, the RH wasn't holding as well in my larger Savoy humi. After inspection I noticed the ceder wall pulling away from the outer box casing. It is the front lip towards you as the lid would come down in the closed position.

I was thinking a hyperdermic needle filled with the Elmer's wood glue to get into the tiny gap. Use a wood clamp to hold it. Good idea or bad. Also, I need storage for a few 100 cigars while this repair is going on, any volunteers to baby sit?
That sounds fine, Wood glue doesnt have much of a smell so it wont effect the cigars. Be sure not to clamp it down too hard, just enough to make good contact and hold it, you dont want to dent the wood and ruin your seal.

Go ahead and send me those sticks...I will keep them safe...
Old 02-12-2009, 12:14 PM   #3
pmp

wood glue is optimum for humidor repair. In the interim just get a big ol tupperware.
Old 02-12-2009, 02:30 PM   #4
ChasDen

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgoings View Post
That sounds fine, Wood glue doesnt have much of a smell so it wont effect the cigars. Be sure not to clamp it down too hard, just enough to make good contact and hold it, you dont want to dent the wood and ruin your seal.

Go ahead and send me those sticks...I will keep them safe...
Yep, just enough to hold them together.

Chas