Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 06-16-2010, 08:41 PM   #1
akakirby
Feeling at Home

First Name: Daniel
Trading: (20)
akakirby is on a distinguished road
Default compact appliance

I just wanted to give a big thumps up to the service at compact appliance. I order an edgestar 28 bottle that was on backorder last week. I just got an email saying that there latest order was help up in customs and that that it would be another week. Ok I have no problem with that I knew it was back ordered when I ordered. They decide to knock off $20 for my trouble . I am in no rush to get it anyway since I am waiting on my drawers and shelves from Chasden. So thumbs up to you Compact appliance
akakirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 06:46 AM   #2
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: compact appliance

Good stuff!! Dan, you're gonna have so much fun filling it.
Old 06-17-2010, 07:47 AM   #3
klipsch

I had a great experience with Compact Appliance as well. Since you're already waiting on a back-order, you may want to consider ordering your second one now...
Old 06-17-2010, 07:49 AM   #4
Brutus2600
Your resident lancerHO

First Name: Brian
Trading: (46)
LGC
Brutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura about

Been waiting to see if a good deal (better than their normal price) would come along on the Edgestar 28's at CA but nothing has come up. Kinda wish I had ordered it when they offered me a deal on the pre-order considering it sounds like I would've gotten a little more off that price. Oh well, I guess I'll keep watching to see if there are some 4th of July deals.
Brutus2600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 07:51 AM   #5
MortonMilo
Blowing smoke

First Name: R
Trading: (10)
MortonMilo has disabled reputation

Finally got my drawers set up in my edgestar...what a dream. Now everything isn't "organize" in piles anymore! Finally I can hide my lack of organization in drawers! They look oh so pretty.
MortonMilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 08:27 AM   #6
akakirby
Feeling at Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by klipsch View Post
I had a great experience with Compact Appliance as well. Since you're already waiting on a back-order, you may want to consider ordering your second one now...
I think I'll be ok with this one for now...I am going from a 150 count to the edgestar...so i will have plenty of room to spare as I only have a couple full boxes that are currently being stored at my locker at the B&M and the rest are all singles.
Old 06-17-2010, 08:34 AM   #7
1badhog07
Still Watching My Back

First Name: gustavo
Trading: (2)
HdM
1badhog07 is on a distinguished road

great people to buy from,and they are not that far from me...
Old 06-17-2010, 04:53 PM   #8
KingJaffeJoffer

Man, I wish I had bought from them. They were back ordered, so I bought a new one on eBay a MONTH ago. They sent me a 12 bottle... still waiting on the correct one to arrive. I'm waiting for my Chasidor drawers also, but it would have been nice to get it so I can get the plastic smell out before the drawers come. Next time I'm going CA no doubt.
Old 06-27-2010, 05:31 PM   #9
akakirby
Feeling at Home

this arrived in the mail yesterday! can't wait to get those drawers and shelves from Chasden!!

Old 06-27-2010, 05:41 PM   #10
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Looks great Dan...you are gonna have soo much fun filling it up. Of course the wife and the wallet won't agree.
Old 06-27-2010, 05:41 PM   #11
captain53
Have My Own Room

First Name: Dave
Trading: (3)
captain53 will become famous soon enough

I have made a couple of purchases from Compact Appliance and they are outstanding folks - good prices and good service!
captain53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 01:11 PM   #12
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by akakirby View Post
I think I'll be ok with this one for now...I am going from a 150 count to the edgestar...so i will have plenty of room to spare
And don't forget, you don't HAVE to be a mindless, commie-controlled zombie like the people HERE,
so that may end up being perfect for you for life.

OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 01:55 PM   #13
KingJaffeJoffer

Nice! I just got my Edgestar a couple days ago as well. I bought it from CA, after the eBay guy I originally b ought it from admitted he'd messed up and offered to give me a refund. I got it cheap too $190! They delivered it fast. You guys were right, great place. I have some fish tank carbon in it now trying to get the plastic smell out, and am waiting on my chasidor drawers. Psyched.
Old 07-14-2010, 08:04 PM   #14
akakirby
Feeling at Home

Hey guys got a question for you all with edgestar 28's, do you think a cigar oasis XL will be enough to humidify this thing? Also got an email from chasden and my draws should be shipping within a week...woohoo!
Old 07-14-2010, 08:09 PM   #15
kydsid
Ditat Deus

First Name: Jason
kydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nice

Quote:
Hey guys got a question for you all with edgestar 28's, do you think a cigar oasis XL will be enough to humidify this thing? Also got an email from chasden and my draws should be shipping within a week...woohoo!
Yes actually probably too much. I ran the generic CI version in mine for a while. Settled with beads now though, less maintenance. I had to refill the oasis every other day or so.
kydsid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 08:11 PM   #16
akakirby
Feeling at Home

Dang, you had to refill it that often? I would really like to go with the beads but I already have the oasis. Man..what to do............?
Old 07-14-2010, 08:14 PM   #17
kydsid
Ditat Deus

First Name: Jason
kydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nice

Quote:
Dang, you had to refill it that often? I would really like to go with the beads but I already have the oasis. Man..what to do............?
Well hotter climate, running more often because of condensation from temperature swings. Yours may not end up that way. Try it out and see.
kydsid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 08:16 PM   #18
akakirby
Feeling at Home

I don't know it gets pretty dang hot here in VA, lol...but it is pretty humid here. Guess I have about a week to decide which route to go, thanks for your input!
Old 07-14-2010, 08:30 PM   #19
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

First Name: Larry
Trading: (44)
Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Sell the Oasis. That unit is too small to need active humidification. Get a pound and a half of beads and you'll be all set
Old 08-02-2010, 07:17 AM   #20
akakirby
Feeling at Home

Well per fedex tracking my chasden drawers and shelfs should be here today!!! I can't wait to get home from work tonight