Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2009, 07:52 PM   #1
Legend
out
 
Legend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 281
Trading: (1)
Legend is on a distinguished road
Default perdomo slow aged

Time for another legend review. I've reviewed this cigar before, but not here.

This is an internet only cheapo that is med bodied and become a day to day favorite of mine. I actually find myself craving one when I want something a little harsher and tobaccoy (not a word but can't think of another). The burn well and are constructed well look nice and have a nice nicaraguan pop.

Solid yard gar. Legend rating 2.
__________________
Legend --- Stay Lit My Friends
click here to see my rating system
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 07:57 PM   #2
replicant_argent
Gravy Boat Winnah.
 
replicant_argent's Avatar
6
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
First Name: Pete
Location: my attorney has advised against giving this information to insane people
Posts: 5,318
Trading: (22)
LGC
replicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to all
Default Re: Legend - perdomo slow aged

Is the name of the cigar "Legend"? Something new from Perdomo? or part of the CI legends series? Size? Vitola? Shape?
Bueller?
__________________
www.stogietorch.com
Some days call for a stiff Pomade.
replicant_argent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 08:12 PM   #3
Kreth
Ronin smoker
 
Kreth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
First Name: Jeff
Location: Oneonta, NY
Posts: 3,620
Trading: (14)
Kreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really nice
Default Re: Legend - perdomo slow aged

Quote:
Originally Posted by replicant_argent View Post
Is the name of the cigar "Legend"? Something new from Perdomo? or part of the CI legends series? Size? Vitola? Shape?
Bueller?
No, Legend is his username, as in "...in his own mind."
Kreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 08:29 PM   #4
Col. Kurtz
Have My Own Room
 
Col. Kurtz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
First Name: Jerry
Location: South Appleton
Posts: 1,839
Trading: (26)
RA
Col. Kurtz has a spectacular aura aboutCol. Kurtz has a spectacular aura aboutCol. Kurtz has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Legend - perdomo slow aged

Col. Kurtz - Likes these as well
__________________
Artillery Lends Dignity to What Would Otherwise Be a Vulgar Brawl
Col. Kurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 08:52 PM   #5
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?
 
Starscream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
First Name: Andy
Location: In a little town somewhere in the USA
Posts: 10,229
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Legend - perdomo slow aged

I like the Slow Aged maduros.
__________________

In Cam we trust.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 09:04 PM   #6
Legend
out
 
Legend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 281
Trading: (1)
Legend is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Legend - perdomo slow aged

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysutherland View Post
I like the Slow Aged maduros.
I like these too from time to time. But I'd say I probably by the naturals at 4 to 1 over the maduros. The maduros tend to be more bitter particularly the robustos.
__________________
Legend --- Stay Lit My Friends
click here to see my rating system
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 09:06 PM   #7
Legend
out
 
Legend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 281
Trading: (1)
Legend is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Legend - perdomo slow aged

Quote:
Originally Posted by replicant_argent View Post
Is the name of the cigar "Legend"? Something new from Perdomo? or part of the CI legends series? Size? Vitola? Shape?
Bueller?
I put it at the beginning of all my reviews it let's my fans(I think I have 2 my wife and my mom) easily identify my reviews.
__________________
Legend --- Stay Lit My Friends
click here to see my rating system
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 09:12 PM   #8
replicant_argent
Gravy Boat Winnah.
 
replicant_argent's Avatar
6
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
First Name: Pete
Location: my attorney has advised against giving this information to insane people
Posts: 5,318
Trading: (22)
LGC
replicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to all
Default Re: Legend - perdomo slow aged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend View Post
I put it at the beginning of all my reviews it let's my fans(I think I have 2 my wife and my mom) easily identify my reviews.
Oh... how... uh... interesting.



mumbles to self.... control panel... click "okay"...




Interesting way you do things, uh.. unique.... I have read some of your posts....
__________________
www.stogietorch.com
Some days call for a stiff Pomade.
replicant_argent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 10:49 PM   #9
Legend
out
 
Legend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 281
Trading: (1)
Legend is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Legend - perdomo slow aged

Quote:
Originally Posted by replicant_argent View Post
Oh... how... uh... interesting.



mumbles to self.... control panel... click "okay"...




Interesting way you do things, uh.. unique.... I have read some of your posts....
Oo oo. Do I have a 3rd confirmed fan? I mean thee may be others out there. But to confirm it. Very huge. (eye roll)

Ok you got me. It makes it easier for me to find my posts.

Besides my fan club is for my kareoke talents not my cigar reviews... Duh! That and the folks at the tin foil hat club. I've been accused of being a conspiracy theorist. But actually I'm a mild mannered, conservative (viva la revolution) reporter for the daily planet. If I go crazy will you still call me ...
__________________
Legend --- Stay Lit My Friends
click here to see my rating system
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 10:53 PM   #10
Genetic Defect
difetosso
 
Genetic Defect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
First Name: Perry
Location: somewhere under the rainbow
Posts: 5,194
Trading: (5)
VR
Genetic Defect has disabled reputation
Default Re: Legend - perdomo slow aged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend View Post
Oo oo. Do I have a 3rd confirmed fan? I mean thee may be others out there. But to confirm it. Very huge. (eye roll)

Ok you got me. It makes it easier for me to find my posts.

Besides my fan club is for my kareoke talents not my cigar reviews... Duh! That and the folks at the tin foil hat club. I've been accused of being a conspiracy theorist. But actually I'm a mild mannered, conservative (viva la revolution) reporter for the daily planet. If I go crazy will you still call me ...
Genetic Defect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 05:28 AM   #11
replicant_argent
Gravy Boat Winnah.
 
replicant_argent's Avatar
6
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
First Name: Pete
Location: my attorney has advised against giving this information to insane people
Posts: 5,318
Trading: (22)
LGC
replicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to all
Default Re: Legend - perdomo slow aged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend View Post
Oo oo. Do I have a 3rd confirmed fan? I mean thee may be others out there. But to confirm it. Very huge. (eye roll)

Ok you got me. It makes it easier for me to find my posts.

Besides my fan club is for my kareoke talents not my cigar reviews... Duh! That and the folks at the tin foil hat club. I've been accused of being a conspiracy theorist. But actually I'm a mild mannered, conservative (viva la revolution) reporter for the daily planet. If I go crazy will you still call me ...
Sorry, no. I am only a fan of MCS. If you peruse your menu bar at the top, you will find two buttons that say "My Topics" and "My Replies." Ever so much more subtle and useful.
__________________
www.stogietorch.com
Some days call for a stiff Pomade.
replicant_argent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 06:49 AM   #12
Smoke Naked
Still Watching My Back
 
Smoke Naked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
First Name: Bill
Location: Whales Vagina
Posts: 243
Trading: (0)
CoastGuard (Served With Honor)
Smoke Naked is on a distinguished road
Default Re: perdomo slow aged

I actually keep a list of people that have reviewed cigars I've smoked and if our experiences are similar I will look at other reviews by them to help me decide on my next purchase. With so many options on smokes I sometimes have a hard time pulling the trigger so when I get a positive review on something I've wanted to try and reviewed by someone whos reviews are good then it makes it much easier for me.

As far as Legend goes, his 'yard gar' is usually up my alley on a possible daily smoke. I'm new to this and on a tight budget so thanks to Legend and all the folks who take the time to review cigars.

anyway, I'll go back to lurking
__________________

♥ ♦ Palio Fanboy Here ♣ ♠
Smoke Naked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 07:33 AM   #13
Legend
out
 
Legend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 281
Trading: (1)
Legend is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Legend - perdomo slow aged

Quote:
Originally Posted by replicant_argent View Post
Sorry, no. I am only a fan of MCS. If you peruse your menu bar at the top, you will find two buttons that say "My Topics" and "My Replies." Ever so much more subtle and useful.
I'm really bad at getting sarcasm accross on my posts.

Its is for easy identification of others. I am aware of the" my buttons" and just arrogant enough to think it necessary. Or that others will want it. Kind of a "branding". Its silly and delusional but it makes me happy.
__________________
Legend --- Stay Lit My Friends
click here to see my rating system
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 07:35 AM   #14
Legend
out
 
Legend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 281
Trading: (1)
Legend is on a distinguished road
Default Re: perdomo slow aged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke Naked View Post
I actually keep a list of people that have reviewed cigars I've smoked and if our experiences are similar I will look at other reviews by them to help me decide on my next purchase. With so many options on smokes I sometimes have a hard time pulling the trigger so when I get a positive review on something I've wanted to try and reviewed by someone whos reviews are good then it makes it much easier for me.

As far as Legend goes, his 'yard gar' is usually up my alley on a possible daily smoke. I'm new to this and on a tight budget so thanks to Legend and all the folks who take the time to review cigars.

anyway, I'll go back to lurking
Thank you. And keep it lit my friend!
__________________
Legend --- Stay Lit My Friends
click here to see my rating system
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 09:58 AM   #15
gvarsity
still crazy
 
gvarsity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 621
Trading: (15)
gvarsity will become famous soon enough
Default Re: perdomo slow aged

Nice review. I consider these better than a yard gar they are a nice cigar. I prefer the natural to the maduros. The natural is a mild and very smooth, rich creamy smoke. These are a great cigar to give to casual cigar smokers as well. They are good enough that I'm willing to smoke them with them but accessible enough that casual smokers will enjoy them and cheap enough you don't cringe when they stub them out after an inch or two. Always like to keep a mazo in the humi of these.
gvarsity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 11:25 AM   #16
thebiglebowski
Jack White's Roadie...
 
thebiglebowski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
First Name: larry
Location: music city, USA
Posts: 664
Trading: (0)
Partagas
thebiglebowski is on a distinguished road
Default Re: perdomo slow aged

thebiglebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 12:12 PM   #17
Legend
out
 
Legend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 281
Trading: (1)
Legend is on a distinguished road
Default Re: perdomo slow aged

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvarsity View Post
Nice review. I consider these better than a yard gar they are a nice cigar. I prefer the natural to the maduros. The natural is a mild and very smooth, rich creamy smoke. These are a great cigar to give to casual cigar smokers as well. They are good enough that I'm willing to smoke them with them but accessible enough that casual smokers will enjoy them and cheap enough you don't cringe when they stub them out after an inch or two. Always like to keep a mazo in the humi of these.
Excellent point on sharing them. Indeed I would go for it if I knew the person I was sharing with was not a seasoned smoker.
__________________
Legend --- Stay Lit My Friends
click here to see my rating system
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 12:55 PM   #18
taltos
Really, really old
 
taltos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
First Name: Paul
Location: Saugus, MA
Posts: 2,486
Trading: (3)
Punch MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
taltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: perdomo slow aged

Not to pick on you but certain standards are the size of the smoke, the wrapper if there are more than one wrapper for a cigar line, and other minor things like appearance, draw, pre-light flavor and any flavors detected. I don't see any of this in this review. At a minimum say it was a robusto, natural wrapper and it didn't suck. That's a review that is useful. At least you did say that it is internet.And by the way, I know some seasoned cigar smokers who enjoy this cigar so you sound a bit like a snob and elitist.
__________________
Jimmy, some of its magic, some of its tragic, but I had a good life all the way. He Went to Paris, J. Buffett
taltos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 01:27 PM   #19
Legend
out
 
Legend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 281
Trading: (1)
Legend is on a distinguished road
Default Re: perdomo slow aged

Quote:
Originally Posted by taltos View Post
Not to pick on you but certain standards are the size of the smoke, the wrapper if there are more than one wrapper for a cigar line, and other minor things like appearance, draw, pre-light flavor and any flavors detected. I don't see any of this in this review. At a minimum say it was a robusto, natural wrapper and it didn't suck. That's a review that is useful. At least you did say that it is internet.And by the way, I know some seasoned cigar smokers who enjoy this cigar so you sound a bit like a snob and elitist.
Sometimes I include these details sometimes not. For the slow aged. It only comes in natural and maduro and I would have specified maduro. And for this particular cigar in the natural the size has made no difference so I didn't mention it.
I will however pay more attention to that in the future and either specify the size or say I'm talking about all sizes. Thanks.
__________________
Legend --- Stay Lit My Friends
click here to see my rating system
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 04:26 PM   #20
Thrak
.. the man from Nantucket
 
Thrak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Canton, GA
Posts: 556
Trading: (2)
HUpmann
Thrak is on a distinguished road
Default Re: perdomo slow aged

Just had one of these, I really enjoyed it. (natural 6x52 btw )

The draw was great, the burn was not. Could've been that I never rotated it though and its been in my humi for 4+ months.

The beginning was a little strong for me, but by 1-1.5 inches in it had mellowed and I got some sweet flavors from it. The last 3rd was great as well other than a split wrapper.

I will definitely look for thses again.
Thrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All content is copyrighted jointly by Cigar Asylum and the content provider.