Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 07-10-2012, 03:28 PM   #121
AECUSN

Default Re: Shilala Beads

A couple of questions:

1. When filling out the order form on the website, how long does it take to receive feedback to make the order?

2. Once the order is made, how long after payment is made is the product sent out?

3. Where is the product being shipped from? (i.e. how long to reach southern California?)

I am working on a very tight schedule, and trying to figure out the best time to order. I promise I am not trying to be an @$$. Basically, start to finish, how long does the complete process take? Thanks!
Old 07-10-2012, 04:03 PM   #122
bonjing
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Trading: (39)
bonjing has disabled reputation

Try Pm'ing CigarNut directly, he's the one that sells the beads now.
bonjing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 05:29 PM   #123
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AECUSN View Post
A couple of questions:

1. When filling out the order form on the website, how long does it take to receive feedback to make the order?

2. Once the order is made, how long after payment is made is the product sent out?

3. Where is the product being shipped from? (i.e. how long to reach southern California?)

I am working on a very tight schedule, and trying to figure out the best time to order. I promise I am not trying to be an @$$. Basically, start to finish, how long does the complete process take? Thanks!
1. I try to respond to orders as soon as I get them. If they come between 10pm-5am PDT there may be a few hours delay. My response is via email and the emails can be stuck in your Junk Mail folder.

2. The product is usually shipped the next business day after receipt of payment. Depends upon what time the payment was made (see #1).

3. Beaverton, Oregon. I ship USPS Flat Rate. Most packages reach their destination within 2-3 business days.

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 05:56 PM   #124
AECUSN

Quote:
Originally Posted by CigarNut View Post
1. I try to respond to orders as soon as I get them. If they come between 10pm-5am PDT there may be a few hours delay. My response is via email and the emails can be stuck in your Junk Mail folder.

2. The product is usually shipped the next business day after receipt of payment. Depends upon what time the payment was made (see #1).

3. Beaverton, Oregon. I ship USPS Flat Rate. Most packages reach their destination within 2-3 business days.
Thank you for the extremely fast response! I look forward to doing business with you in the near future!

One more quick question. The two 2oz bags seem to be labled incorrectly, atleast the way I view them. It would seem to me that the stick bag would be skinnier, however the dimension for it are larger than the bag. Am I interpreting it correctly, if I want a slimmer bead bag? Thanks again!

Last edited by AECUSN; 07-10-2012 at 06:05 PM.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:56 PM   #125
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation

The dimensions on the FAQ page were correct and there was a typo on the Products page. The dimensions are:
  • 2 oz. bag -- Approximately 2.75" x 2.75" x .5"
  • 2 oz. soft bead stick -- Approximately 6.0" x .75" x .5"

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 07:17 PM   #126
AECUSN

Thumbs up Re: Shilala Beads

Quote:
Originally Posted by CigarNut View Post
The dimensions on the FAQ page were correct and there was a typo on the Products page. The dimensions are:
  • 2 oz. bag -- Approximately 2.75" x 2.75" x .5"
  • 2 oz. soft bead stick -- Approximately 6.0" x .75" x .5"
Thanks again! You have been extremely helpful!
Old 11-02-2012, 09:12 PM   #127
iaMkcK
Feeling at Home

First Name: Jarrett
Trading: (8)
HUpmann
iaMkcK will become famous soon enough

I just spent the better part of an hour and a half reading through this entire monster. I am getting a humidor built next week from Waxing Moon and am considering using Shilala's beads as opposed to HF due to the various praises sung on CA. My main question is..

Can I use these beads to actually season a box? In other words, since this box will be brand new [Oh, and btw... I live in a desert :-D], can I just dump the beads in the humi and forget about it for a week or two? Or will the beads drop in those 2 weeks while trying to reach equilibirum? I know people say that these beads keep it at a solid RH, but I realize they try to reach an equilibrium so that makes me kinda worried. Thanks for any advice!
iaMkcK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:23 PM   #128
LostAbbott
Have My Own Room

First Name: Mychal
Trading: (23)
PL
LostAbbott will become famous soon enough

No season, as normal with water or a bovada pack.
Posted via Mobile Device
LostAbbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:26 PM   #129
iaMkcK
Feeling at Home

First Name: Jarrett
Trading: (8)
HUpmann
iaMkcK will become famous soon enough

I see. Well, I only got 2 65%ers.. Might have to grab 6 more for this beast of a humi if I choose to go the route of seasoning with Boveda.
iaMkcK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:54 PM   #130
LostAbbott
Have My Own Room

First Name: Mychal
Trading: (23)
PL
LostAbbott will become famous soon enough

No you need to get the boveda seasoning pack. I think it is 85% or something... really a shot glass of distilled water works great.
Posted via Mobile Device
LostAbbott is offline   Reply With Quote