Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 09:55 AM   #81
ChicagoWhiteSox

Default Re: MLB 2012 Thread

So who's ready for Spring Training? First game for the Sox is March 5th vs. LA Dodgers.

Old 02-29-2012, 10:11 AM   #82
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

As ready as I'm gonna be for this year. At least on opening day, my Mets will be in first place. Won't be able to say that the rest of the year.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:14 AM   #83
ChicagoWhiteSox

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
As ready as I'm gonna be for this year. At least on opening day, my Mets will be in first place. Won't be able to say that the rest of the year.
Well I'm hoping for a full blown disaster in Detriot for my Sox to do anything

Old 02-29-2012, 10:55 AM   #84
Stephen
Sultan of Cigars

First Name: Stephen
Location: Where the Pony Express began and Jesse James ended.
Trading: (18)
Stephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Because I'm too lazy to look it up, how far did they move the fences in? Also, were they lowered any?
Old 02-29-2012, 12:52 PM   #85
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Because I'm too lazy to look it up, how far did they move the fences in? Also, were they lowered any?
The Mets are moving in portions of the outfield wall at Citi Field as much as 12feet and lowering the height of the home run line to 8 feet throughout the outfield. The outfield wall will become blue in 2012 concurrent with the Mets 50th Anniversary season. The home run line and distance markers will remain orange.

The Mets will erect a new wall in leftfield starting between the New Era and Caesars signs and angled to the Citi sign in left-centerfield (see renderings below). The new wall will be closer to home plate by approximately 4 feet in leftfield and up to approximately 12 feet in deep left-centerfield.

A new wall will start in right-centerfield and extend toward the bullpen, and be as much as approximately 11 feet closer to home plate. The fence in front of the Mo's Zone/Modell's Clubhouse will move in approximately 10 feet. The distances from home plate to centerfield and the foul poles in leftfield and rightfield will remain the same.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:17 PM   #86
Stephen
Sultan of Cigars

First Name: Stephen
Location: Where the Pony Express began and Jesse James ended.
Trading: (18)
Stephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for the info!
Old 02-29-2012, 01:33 PM   #87
Islayphile
Wee Dram Hunter

First Name: Mike
Trading: (1)
Bolivar
Islayphile is on a distinguished road

MLB Bans Gun From Appearing on Commemorative Houston Astros Uniform

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/mlb-...stros-uniform/
Old 02-29-2012, 05:43 PM   #88
44stampede
Feeling at Home

First Name: Brett
Trading: (21)
Cohiba
44stampede will become famous soon enough

Got a friend coming over for breakfast Sunday morning (Sat evening east coast US) to watch first game of spring training for the Jays. Hope to at least battle for a wild card this year
Old 03-01-2012, 10:53 AM   #89
Will herf for food

Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islayphile View Post

LAME!!!

BTW, I heard Prince Fielder hit some 600+ ft bomb in BP. Yea it's only BP, but it still makes me
Old 03-01-2012, 11:48 AM   #90
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

First Name: Keith
Trading: (46)
Partagas
BigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
The Mets are moving in portions of the outfield wall at Citi Field as much as 12feet and lowering the height of the home run line to 8 feet throughout the outfield. The outfield wall will become blue in 2012 concurrent with the Mets 50th Anniversary season. The home run line and distance markers will remain orange.

The Mets will erect a new wall in leftfield starting between the New Era and Caesars signs and angled to the Citi sign in left-centerfield (see renderings below). The new wall will be closer to home plate by approximately 4 feet in leftfield and up to approximately 12 feet in deep left-centerfield.

A new wall will start in right-centerfield and extend toward the bullpen, and be as much as approximately 11 feet closer to home plate. The fence in front of the Mo's Zone/Modell's Clubhouse will move in approximately 10 feet. The distances from home plate to centerfield and the foul poles in leftfield and rightfield will remain the same.
and with that slugging line-up...look out!!.......but they still have Mike Pelfrey ....speaking of which...

Q: What is the difference between Mike Pelfrey and bowling icon Walter Ray Williams, Jr.?

wait for it...

A: Walter Ray Williams, Jr. knows how to throw a strike.

Old 03-01-2012, 08:50 PM   #91
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Ouch!! Keith is in mid season form.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:25 AM   #92
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

First Name: Keith
Trading: (46)
Partagas
BigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Ouch!! Keith is in mid season form.
No worries folks, I'll be here all season!....Gotta keep you grounded Mac, don't want your high Mets expectations running away with you...
Old 03-08-2012, 07:37 AM   #93
Will herf for food

VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Anyone see the "Perfect Club" commercial? JV did pretty well.
Old 04-11-2012, 02:09 PM   #94
jonumberone
Raw Dog

First Name: Dom
Trading: (62)
RA
jonumberone has disabled reputation

This made me chuckle

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-bi...173610101.html
Old 04-11-2012, 02:54 PM   #95
Coach Deg
C O W eieio.

Trading: (59)
Bolivar
Coach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of light

How about those Rays!!!!! 4 against Verlander in the 9th
Old 04-11-2012, 04:36 PM   #96
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Mets still in first place (tie) for another day.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:50 PM   #97
Jasonw560
PhD from Sarcastic State

First Name: Jason
Trading: (0)
Jasonw560 is on a distinguished road

Rangers 4-1, Darvish and Feliz both got W's in their first outings as starters. The boomsticks are picking up where they left off.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:56 AM   #98
Will herf for food

VR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Deg View Post
How about those Rays!!!!! 4 against Verlander in the 9th
Unreal. JV was rolling a 1-hitter coming into the 9th. What a let down.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:02 PM   #99
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonumberone View Post

Insert quote here.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:04 PM   #100
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islayphile View Post

That sucks, but what better opportunity than ever to have a uniform with Billy Dee Williams holding a 40 oz. Colt 45 right on the center!

Insert quote here.
Closed Thread