Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 08-23-2012, 04:21 PM   #1
Whee
formerly illinoishoosier

First Name: Sean
Trading: (17)
Partagas
Whee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to behold
Default Looking for an Illinois Attorney

My banter buddies know my ex and i have been dealing with a bullying issue surrounding our youngest daughter. Today, "justice", and I use the term loosely, was served.

Looking for some input on the Illinois bullying law as it pertains to Winnebago County. We were told the county doesn;t follow state law in this case.

Point me to any advice or resource would be appreciated!

Old 08-23-2012, 04:25 PM   #2
ChicagoWhiteSox

Default Re: Looking for an Illinois Attorney

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoishoosier View Post
My banter buddies know my ex and i have been dealing with a bullying issue surrounding our youngest daughter. Today, "justice", and I use the term loosely, was served.

Looking for some input on the Illinois bullying law as it pertains to Winnebago County. We were told the county doesn;t follow state law in this case.

Point me to any advice or resource would be appreciated!

They don't follow state law on bullying? Depending on what actually took place, I think there are other routes to take, harassment or the like might be something to look into.
Old 08-23-2012, 04:42 PM   #3
Whee
formerly illinoishoosier

Partagas
Whee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox View Post
They don't follow state law on bullying? Depending on what actually took place, I think there are other routes to take, harassment or the like might be something to look into.
We were originally told it qualified as harassment, but the threat, "If you don't get off Facebook, I'm going to choke you" following a barrage of insults, was deemed not specific or credible enough.

My ex was told the standard is different in Winnebago. I'm trying to confirm.

The offending posts have been removed, LEO has contacted the mother, ordered to have no contact and that was it.
Old 08-23-2012, 05:08 PM   #4
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

County standards can be more stringent, but not less stringent, than state law, Sean.

What the person might have been trying to say is that in practice, that county doesn't enforce the laws to their fullest extent.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Tır and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 05:30 PM   #5
Whee
formerly illinoishoosier

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
County standards can be more stringent, but not less stringent, than state law, Sean.

What the person might have been trying to say is that in practice, that county doesn't enforce the laws to their fullest extent.